by The National Day of Prayer & Fasting Team
The multiplication of prayer is very encouraging.
“If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land” (2 Chronicles 7:14).
“For this reason I kneel before the Father, from whom his whole family in heaven and on earth derives its name” (Ephesians 3:14-15).
We are excited to report on the amazing explosion of prayer events that have happened, are currently happening, or are about to start, over the coming weeks and months.
Billy Graham said, “To get nations back on their feet, we must first get them down on their knees”.
Mother Teresa said, “God shapes the world by prayer. The more praying there is in the world, the better the world will be, the mightier the forces against evil”.
Matthew Henry said, “When God intends great mercy for His people, He first of all sets them praying”.
We believe that there is more prayer going on in our nation, in living memory, than ever before.
We believe, as Matthew Henry said that it is a sign that God intends great mercy for His people. We list these prayer initiatives for you below so you can get involved in them and be encouraged by the explosion of prayer that is taking place. And the good news is that this is only a partial list!
1. Watchmen Schools of Intercession run by the Australian Prayer Network with over 10,000 people taking part all across Australia since 2013.
2. Marriage Week seven days of prayer for marriage which took place 10-16 September 2017.
3. Day of Prayer & Fasting for Marriage called by the Australian Christian Churches on 12 September 2017.
4. Day of Prayer for Marriage led by the Anglican Church on 17 September 2017.
5. 31 Days of Prayer & Fasting for Marriage called a second time by the Catholic Church for the entire month of October.
6. Melted Hearts as One Conference 72 hours of prayer & worship to God at Uluru led by Generation Fire from 9-12 October 2017.
7. Lighthorse 100th Year Celebration both in Israel and Australia on 31 October 2017.
8. Unity Prayer Ride into Canberra from 31 October to 4 November 2017.
9. Shift the Nation twelve days of prayer around the nation from 31 October to 11 November 2017.
10. New Year’s Day Sunrise Prayer Relay in its third year taking place on 1 January 2018.
11. National Day of Prayer & Fasting in its eighth year taking place on 10 February 2018.
12. 40 Day Prayer Relay in its second year taking place during Lent from 14 February to 25 March 2018.
Something very significant happened on 12 October, the last day of the ‘Melted Hearts as One’ Conference at Uluru.
About 30 Indigenous prayer leaders and delegates held a map of Australia’s tribal lands before the Lord and declared, “This nation does not belong to us but to the Lord”. They then led in prayers of repentance for their own sins and those of their forefathers. This greatly encouraged all the others among the 150 delegates to follow their humble example and confess their own sin and the nation’s sins before the Lord. Truly their hearts were melted as one!
We share this exciting report with you to encourage you to follow the example of our Indigenous brothers and sisters of humble repentance before the Lord. We implore you to follow the 2 Chronicles 7:14 injunction crying out to God in repentance and asking God to pour out His Spirit on our nation. In doing so let us claim God’s promise found in Acts 2:17 “In the last days, I will pour out my Spirit on all people” that we might experience revival and transformation in our nation.
Father, we are so glad to be your people who are called by your name!
We thank you for a prayer explosion in our nation. Peter spoke in the Book of Acts 3:19, “Repent then and turn back, so that your sins may be wiped out, that times of refreshing may come from the Lord”.
We pray that you would give us the grace to repent of our own shortcomings and that collectively the church will come before you in humble repentance to see our nation transformed. We pray the church would be renewed and that together as a nation, we will see revival and transformation.
We pray that in the process you will give us a miracle for marriage, that children will not be robbed of their biological birthright to a mother and father. We pray this prayer in Jesus name Amen.
Watch The Revival Hymn – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4e0jgX3nho8
Canberra Declaration Daily Prayer Points for October
- A Miracle for Marriage
- Truth to be Exposed
- A Spirit of Repentance in the Church
- Revival and Transformation in our Nation
To receive the devotions daily, sign up here.
To read past devotions, go to home page.
Daily Zoom video one hour prayer calls at 7AM, 1PM & 8PM to pray for marriage and family. To register and get log in details for the Zoom conference call go to www.prayercall.com.au