by Sue Tinworth, Coordinator, Partners in Prayer & Evangelism
Let Jesus awaken you, captivate you and overflow you with His love.
“‘Love and value others the same way you love and value yourself.’ Love makes it impossible to harm another, so love fulfils all that the law requires.
To live like this is all the more urgent, for time is running out and you know it is a strategic hour in human history. It is time for us to wake up!…
Night’s darkness is dissolving away as a new day of destiny dawns. So we must once and for all strip away what is done in the shadows of darkness, removing it like filthy clothes. And once and for all we clothe ourselves with the radiance of light as our weapon. We must live honourably surrounded by the light of this new day, not in the darkness of drunkenness and debauchery, not in promiscuity and sensuality, not being argumentative or jealous of other.
Instead fully immerse yourselves into the Lord Jesus, the Anointed One, and don’t waste even a moment’s thought on your former identity to awaken its selfish desires.” (Romans 13:9b-14 The Passion Translation – bolding added)
It is time for you to awaken to Jesus.
Picture yourself as a sleeping child in His arms. Open your eyes and rest there, studying His face. Spend some time with your heart, eyes and ears open to what Jesus reveals to you about Himself.
When you fix your eyes on Jesus, you’ll be humbled by His glorious holiness – and uplifted by His mercy and loving kindness.
As you behold Jesus, you’ll be captivated by His accessible wholeness – and reformed into His likeness as your true self, His child.
Rest in His holiness, and become one in mind and purpose with Jesus, so you are free and empowered to flow in His will.
Only then can you love others and be truly of one accord with them. Only then can the world see Jesus in you.
“Therefore if you have any encouragement from being united with Christ, if any comfort from his love, if any common sharing in the Spirit, if any tenderness and compassion, then make my joy complete by being like-minded, having the same love, being one in spirit and of one mind.” (Philippians 2:1-2 NIV)
Holy One, Immanuel, awaken us to You, Jesus and absorb us into Yourself,
- so we are fully immersed in Your righteousness and full of Your Holy Spirit
- so we are one with You in your will, purpose and timing at this hour
- so Your love overflows through us to convict the world of Your love for them
- so You receive the reward of Your suffering and our Father receives the glory due His name.
Watch Fall Afresh www.youtube.com/watch?v=8VdXLM8H-xU
Canberra Declaration Daily Prayer Points for October
- AWAKENING to Christ: Renewal in the Church and Revival in the Nation – with millions coming to Christ. John 3:16
- AWAKENING for Marriage: Renewal of marriages and restoration of marriage. Ephesians 5: 25 -32
- AWAKENING for Family: Renewal and healing for families. Isaiah 61:1