Why the Gender Agenda Directly Threatens Our Freedoms
26 July 2019
Dear friend, as outlined in a previous article, our freedom to believe, to speak of that which we believe – yes, even around the kitchen table – to teach that which we believe, and have it taught in our chosen educational facilities by teachers that also share these beliefs and values, is under threat in our nation as never before. Also see the submission from Medicine with Morality to the panel on Religious Freedom.
It is remarkable how changing sexual morality and the success of the LGBTI agenda has been implemented into anti-discrimination legislation, tribunals set up to judge on hate speech and intolerance, as well as finding its way into “Safe Schools” (!) programs and teaching from preschool levels.
And transgender ideology continues this attack on freedom in at least the following ways:
- to personally teach our kids binary sexuality – even around the kitchen table – that there is male sex and female sex (heteronormativity) and that there is no spectrum. If you haven’t discovered Binary yet, you must. Kirralie Smith’s video talks are brilliant – show them to your friends.
- to believe and teach that marriage is between male and female
- to have our kids taught at school the biological basis of sexuality and marriage and family, to not sow confusion as to sexual identity and sexual orientation and to not introduce other confusions such as there being three virginities.
- to choose teachers at private schools in line with the values of those schools and to home-school if needed.
- to believe that girls and women in female sports should not have to compete against transgenders, and likewise that girls and women should be able to feel safe in female safe places – bathrooms and change rooms.
- to allow our children to have fun playing the opposite sex without being encouraged to find their “real” gender, or even to be told “this is your real gender”.
- to work within our conscience and choose not to celebrate homosexual “marriage” when alternative celebrants and churches are available – similarly with provision of special creative services e.g. wedding cakes and photographic services.
- to preach from the Bible.
- in medicine to counsel when requested to help with issues of sexual orientation and gender confusion.
- freedom to believe and state all the above without fear of accusation of hate speech, intolerance, discrimination and even child abuse.
Wow! The implications and consequences are huge aren’t they? The forced adoption of the gender agenda in the face of biological fact and God’s creative design directly impacts our freedom to believe, practice and tell truth.
The basis for our combatting of this fierce agenda to change society is to come back to elementary biology that we all know, that our MPs need to know and that we need to proclaim.
The elephant in the room is biology. (Biology invalidates ideology.)
Biology is “binary”. There is male and there is female. It cannot just be “assigned” at birth. It just is. There is no spectrum.
The biological design and purpose of male and female sexual anatomy and function is the creation of progeny and the formation of family.
Sexual activity outside of biological parameters is not the same – it is different and is associated with significantly increased rates of disease.
Legislative approval of “marriage” outside of these biological parameters is therefore a public health disaster.
State indoctrination of our children through school curricula that endorse and encourage sexual activity outside biological parameters is likewise also a disaster.
Children have a right to know and be brought up by their biological Mothers and Fathers.
Transgenders in the biological room. (We cannot change our genes.)
- The elephant in the biological room is the genetic code.
- The genetic code determines male XY and female XX, male and female sexual anatomy in all its perfection.
- There is a small group of “intersex” with an imperfect mix of genes e.g. XXY (0.02%).
- Attempts to change biological sex including radical surgery to change sexual anatomy fail to recognise the complexity of the physiological effects on multiple body systems and the consequences of interference.
- The only way of changing this would be to change the genetic code early in the life of the zygote or embryo and even that would be conjectural.
The doctrinal basis of all this is, of course, God the Creator. We read in Gen 1:27 “Male and female created He them”, in Matt 19:4 that Jesus answered “Have you not read that from the beginning the Creator made them male and female” and in Mark 10:6 “However, from the beginning of creation, ‘God made them male and female.’”
Please pray for wisdom for PM Scott Morrison and the government as they seek to establish workable legislation that protects religious freedom. Writing further “rights” or exemptions into law is fraught with danger, as such can be subsequently withdrawn and competing rights interpreted differently.
I recommend you put all other books on one side and read The Little Grey Book on Sex and Transgender by Patrick J Byrne published this year. It is excellent regarding the implications and consequences of gender identity in law. It is only 95 pages, and the only thing that makes it difficult to read is its seriousness. Available from News Weekly, Dymocks and Booktopia, in print and e-book form. Price: $19.90.
Leave A Comment
31 March 2023
“Sex is either consecration or desecration, with no neutral territory in between.” - Roger Scruton “Sex is in its pleasure, its joy, its “well being”—the image throughout the Old Testament of the beatific vision—the nearest we come to God.” - Dorothy Day [...]
31 March 2023
UNSW Professor Gigi Foster began warning against lockdowns in 2021. Her recent analysis of Australia's approach to COVID-19 yielded far worse results than she had imagined. While Australian governments are yet to provide the public with a cost-benefit analysis of their COVID-era lockdown policies, one [...]
31 March 2023
Every time someone apologises for telling the truth, the price of telling the truth rises. There will come a point soon, if we have not reached it already, where speaking the truth is simply too costly. And what becomes of a society in which people [...]
31 March 2023
K.I.S.S. (keep it simple, stupid…silly…sweetie)… your choice! I’m sure that you will have heard of this acronym. My friend Warwick Marsh shared another saying of similar ilk a while ago: ‘The main thing is the plain thing, and the plain thing is the main thing.’ [...]
31 March 2023
I recently wrote a piece on how we can view sin via the new book by Christopher Watkin. And I more recently looked at a chapter from a newish book on biblical doctrine by Paul David Tripp. The former book is Biblical Critical Theory, and Tripp’s [...]
30 March 2023
What are people to make of the Victorian Liberals now that they have rescued their leader, lawyer John Pesutto, from his self-inflicted crisis by blaming it all on Upper House member Moira Deeming and suspending her from the parliamentary party for nine months? Ms Deeming [...]
30 March 2023
Christians were targeted in the latest mass shooting in America, first by the killer and then by a malevolently dishonest media. The city of Nashville is in mourning after the mass shooting of six locals, three of them children, at The Covenant School in Tennessee [...]
[…] (From the Daily Declaration https://blog.canberradeclaration.org.au/2019/07/26/why-the-gender-agenda-directly-threatens-our-free…😉 […]
Excellent article, Dr. Dunjey. I’m not leaving this matter to prayer alone, but am actively encouraging every Australian to write to the Minister for Education requesting he suspend gender education in Australian schools until an investigation into the reason for the high suicide rates among transgender people can be firmly established. What if it is not, as the IGBTI community have said without evidence “a lack of inclusion or abuse” which promotes suicide, but something much deeper, something inherent in the same sex lifestyle? Our schools should not be putting children at risk, but rather, protecting them from harm. See my article on this site, “A Letter to the Minister for Education”. Please write to the Minister.
[…] in the very fabric of creation. We try to redefine who is human and who is not; we try to redefine what is male and what is female; we try to redefine the meaning of life and what makes for happiness and how far we can push […]
[…] at puberty with the promotion of transgenderism. Many cultures celebrate the transition a young boy or girl goes through at puberty with elaborate […]
It is astounding the amount of ignorance you and the religious community have towards LGBTQ people. They’re not a plague to be eliminated by burning books, shielding your children’s eyes or legislating them out of public inclusion. I’m really sorry the bible doesn’t offer a fair answer to them. I really am. You’ve weaponised something that should be beautiful, a love that many LGBTQ people are sorely lacking from their lives. I am a transgender person who lives in WA. I was raised Christian, and I was never exposed to anything LGBTQ growing up. It doesn’t magically stop one from being trans, it only prevents us living our lives sooner. I hope you will wake up to the damage you are doing. As one ignorant commenter above demonstrated, constantly denying facts will only continue the cycle. This shouldn’t have to be a war, but it is very unfortunately one that is very much drawn along intergenerational lines. I’m sorry to say you will lose, and that I’ll be very glad when it’s over. You’re incapable of listening and walking among the people you’re painting as broken, and you deserve these feelings of persecution.
@LEX it does not matter how affirming or celebrative the culture is towards it, the same problems remain even in the most socially liberal nations. It does not matter how accepting the society is. You label all problems on the ‘outside’, outside of yourself or others. It has no basis in fact.