No to Abortion – Australia Choose Abundant Life
Jesus, who is the Good Shepherd, invites all to choose Him.
Humanity was deceived and was separated by sin, so Christ came to reconcile us back to God.
All have been given the choice to believe in the Lord Jesus and be saved, or to reject Him to our demise. Along with our choices are allegiances — we follow one or the other.
Abortion is death and destruction, and steals from its victims their calling and God-given purpose. Not only the child, but most often the mother and others too suffer from this choice.
Abortion – The Camp of the Enemy
The Bible spells it out very clearly: the work of the thief, who never creates only destroys — who cannot give life but whose aim is to kill and destroy humanity, even sadly at times using human vessels to do his evil work.
“The thief comes only in order to steal and kill and destroy. I came that they may have and enjoy life, and have it in abundance (to the full, till it overflows).”
~ John 10:10 AMP
“The taking of a human life is so serious because that life is itself somehow connected to the image of God. That is the implication of Genesis 9:6, which prescribes capital punishment for murder, “for God made man in His own image.”
Small wonder, then, that the issue of abortion is so multi-layered in its darkness.
It is a killer. It does ruin lives. It does create incalculable pain and chaos in every corner of its influence. Abortion is the devil’s tool – it complies perfectly with his nature, to “steal, kill, and destroy.” No society can brazenly promote this darkness without consequence. No person – man or woman – can come away from this darkness unscathed.”
~ Martyn Iles, ACL, “Abortion“
Mosaic Covenant Reality
In the Mosaic covenant, there were severe penalties laid down for anyone who sacrificed their children according to Leviticus 20:1-5 (NKJV).
This states that to sacrifice one’s children is to “defile My sanctuary and profane My holy name” We are in direct opposition to the blessing given in Genesis 1:28 to multiply.
“I call heaven and earth as witnesses against you today, that I have set before you life and death, the blessing and the curse; therefore, you shall choose life in order that you may live, you and your descendants…”
~ Deuteronomy 30:19 (AMP)
Redeemed from the Curse
We are eternally grateful for the Cross.
Christ has redeemed us from the curse of the law, having become a curse for us (for it is written, “Cursed is everyone who hangs on a tree”), that the blessing of Abraham might come upon the Gentiles in Christ Jesus, that we might receive the promise of the Spirit through faith.
~ Galatians 3:13-14 (NKJV)
“But now in Christ Jesus, you who once were far off have been brought near by the blood of Christ.”
~ Ephesians 2:13
Prayer: Thank You Father, for the gift of your Son who paid such a costly price and fulfilled all the requirement, for all people to be forgiven and free — what amazing grace. We ask for those who oppose You to be thwarted and Your blessing to flow abundantly over our Nation. By the power of Your precious blood, redeem the next generation from this abomination. In Jesus’ Name we pray. Amen.
Some Suggested Prayer Points
- Thank the Lord that His kindness leads us to repentance, that He forgives and restores, that His blood washed away all our sin and the water of His word washes us clean (John 15:3).
- Repent and confess on behalf of our nation for all the innocent lives legally taken through abortion over the past 50 years.
- Repent for the disunity of the church, which weakened our position to present a united front, causing a loss of respect for Christians and politicians not taking us seriously.
- Repent that often we separated to good works that did not include taking our place in government — we did not make the Lord’s voice loud and clear in ethical and moral policies.
- That we stepped back from places of governing in righteousness and left room for all kinds of lawlessness and wickedness to be established.
- Pray for a reformation of our nation to heaven’s Kingdom culture and a shift from ideologies that seem to end in death, destruction and stealing from the innocent, disenfranchised and vulnerable.
- Ask that the silent majority would rise again with one voice and bring the Fear of the Lord and Righteousness and Justice back into public policy and parliament.
- May the Lion of the Tribe of Judah roar over Australia to bring the evil structures of the abortion Law and its support structures in the South Australian & NSW Parliament down.
FAST + PRAY = LIFE
Today as we stand together ‘as one’ in prayer and fasting may the Lord:
STOP the proposed Abortion Reform Bill in South Australia – “Statutes Amendment (Abortion Law Reform) Bill”
Push Back and eventually STOP Abortion in every state and territory in Australia!
SHIFT the culture of this Nation to Mercy, Peace, Righteousness and Justice
Email Oneness Call to Prayer to Register to receive the daily prayer emails throughout August. This will be kept completely confidential. Email “Unsubscribe” to stop the emails if you prefer to unsubscribe.
NOTE: The Canberra Declaration will post daily Devotions from Ann Browne every day for the 31 Day Period and on the Canberra Declaration Facebook. Please share the links and send out to your friends. Thank you.