It is the heart of God to bless — it is His very nature. ‘To bless’ in the New Testament is eulogia, which means ‘to speak well of’ or to ‘speak the intention and favour of God’ over a person or a situation, or even a nation, city or region.
God has chosen to use His people to speak His intentions or favour over our nation — we can either bless or curse through our words. We bless from our place of intimacy with God, in Jesus’ name, and the Holy Spirit moves on our blessing. Our words are to be His words, and they go forth with power to accomplish His plans and purposes for that person or situation.
“If you utter what is precious, and not what is worthless, you shall be as My mouth.”
~ Jeremiah 15:19b
A Chosen People – A Royal Priesthood
“But you are a chosen people, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, God’s special possession, that you may declare the praises of Him who called you out of darkness into His wonderful light.”
~ 1 Peter 2:9
We truly are His special possession, and He wants to keep increasing the number of brothers and sisters in Christ — this brings Him and all of Heaven the utmost delight! He has given the Church gifts, and has blessed us to be a blessing.
We must guard against the trap of the enemy – in agreeing with him, speaking critically and constantly highlighting the negative (especially about the Government). This is a snare and that person does not bear good fruit.
“And so blessing and cursing come out of the same mouth. Surely my brothers and sisters this is not right!”
~ James 3:10 NLB.
As His Ecclesia, we turn from this even in our hearts. We cling to the Lord and abide in Him, because then we carry His redemptive heart for others and bear abundant fruit for the Lord – from that place of intimacy, we hear His whisper and speak the words of His heart.
Jesus “… has made us to be a kingdom and priests to serve his God and Father…”
~ Revelation 1:6
We have been given the mandate as a kingdom and as priests to speak God’s intentions over this situation of Abortion in our nation.
We choose to bless today. Whether we perceive a person deserves to be blessed or not, we don’t judge but bless them because we see them the way God sees them: how God made them in His image.
Prayer: Today with authority and power, we intentionally bless our nation. We say:
Australia, our governments and all leaders, I bless you in the name of the Father, the Son and Holy Spirit. I bless your governing work in our parliaments both state and federal. I bless local government. I bless leaders in family, judicial, health, education, business, economics, media, arts & entertainment and religion. I bless you at home. I release the kingdom of God to our leaders and Government. Come Holy Spirit, You are welcome in all government and all spheres of influence in our nation of Australia. I release love, joy and peace, patience, kindness and goodness, gentleness, faithfulness, self-control and unity. In the name of Jesus, I release ideas from the Kingdom of God that change the way we handle the children, born and preborn, in this nation. I bless the success to find godly solutions to make Australia a better place. I release favour. I bless this nation to fulfill her call to be part of the Great South Lands of the Holy Spirit. In Jesus’ Name Amen.
- Lord, please have mercy over our nation that continues to turn away from the protection of the preborn. We repent on behalf of our fellow Australians in NSW for passing through the Lower House “The Reproductive Healthcare Reform Bill 2019”. We declare in the name of Christ Jesus thus far and no further, this bill will be defeated in the Upper House.
- Lord, change our hearts and the heart of this nation, to tune into Your heart of redemption for all.
- Today we invite the Holy Spirit to steer the conversations in our nation, revealing truth and light to destroy lies and darkness about the preborn, and what Abortion really does and really is.
- Thank you, Father that You speak blessing over our land constantly — teach us to be a people who bless.
- Lord, bring encouragement to Your people as they fast and pray for these 31 days of August.
- Today we bless every conception in our nation to come to full term, and be born to grow and have every opportunity to be a blessing. We bless all unplanned pregnancies to be seen as an unexpected blessing and to be highly valued. We bless every woman carrying a child to have courage and fortitude to either raise the child, or adopt the child to a family who are longing for a child.
Stop the Greens Abortion Reform Bill in SA and any other bill of this nature that the government may present. Cause the SA Law Reform Institute students to review all of the submissions without bias, leading them to recommend the Bill reduce the gestational limit to 22 weeks instead of the 28 weeks as it stands.
FAST + PRAY = LIFE
Today as we stand together ‘as one’ in prayer and fasting may the Lord:
STOP the proposed Abortion Reform Bill in South Australia – “Statutes Amendment (Abortion Law Reform) Bill.”
Push Back and eventually STOP Abortion in every state and territory in Australia!
SHIFT the culture of this Nation to Mercy, Peace, Righteousness and Justice
Email Oneness Call to Prayer to Register to receive the daily prayer emails throughout August. This will be kept completely confidential. Email “Unsubscribe” to stop the emails if you prefer to unsubscribe.
NOTE: The Canberra Declaration will post daily Devotions from Ann Browne every day for the 31-Day Period and on the Canberra Declaration Facebook. Please share the links and send out to your friends. Thank you.