You are Not Alone
Jesus already carried the burden of the sins of the world in His body on the cross, and now ever lives to make intercession for us.
“So I, Yahweh, will assign Him a portion among a great multitude, and He will triumph and divide the spoils of victory with His mighty ones—all because He poured out his life-blood to death. He was counted among the worst of sinners, yet He carried sin’s burden for many and intercedes for those who are rebels.”
~ Isaiah 53:12
We are in amazing company. We are not praying alone; we have the Paraclete, the Holy Spirit, in us and around us, to help us and inspire our prayers to line up with Heaven. The Holy Spirit also encourages us. Even Jesus, as He contemplated the cross, looked beyond and saw his inexpressible joy of being forever united to His Bride.
“[looking away from all that will distract us and] focusing our eyes on Jesus, who is the Author and Perfecter of faith [the first incentive for our belief and the One who brings our faith to maturity], who for the joy [of accomplishing the goal] set before Him endured the cross, disregarding the shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God [revealing His deity, His authority, and the completion of His work].”
~ Hebrews 12:2
We are part of a great company of servants of Christ, handpicked by the Lord, full of zeal and passion to pray and not give up until we see Abortion turned back and eradicated from our nation. We want to see the Church arise to meet those who feel alone in their struggle to be parents, bringing solutions, comfort and help. He has put it in us to believe in and press on in labor and intercession for answered prayer.
Assurance in Prayer
“And this is the confidence (the assurance, the privilege of boldness) which we have in Him: [we are sure] that if we ask anything (make any request) according to His will (in agreement with His own plan), He listens to and hears us.
And if (since) we [positively] know that He listens to us in whatever we ask, we also know [with settled and absolute knowledge] that we have [granted us as our present possessions] the requests made of Him.”
~ 1 John 5:14-15 (AMPC)
Let’s pray with joyful expectation that the Lord Who is the resurrection and the life, Who has triumphed over our enemies, hears our prayers and sends His angelic hosts to shift things in our nation that need shifting today!
Pray: Lord, thank You that You have the keys to death and Hades — You are the giver of life, and we ask that You breathe life into the dry bones in our nation. Cause those who are dead in their sins to come to life, and become a great army to say no to abortion in Australia. Even today, shift the hearts and minds of politicians, abortion doctors and staff, and those who are considering ending a life in the womb. We rejoice that you were saved from Herod through a dream given to Joseph to take the child and his mother to Egypt. Send dreams of warning and dreams of instruction that speak clearly to those who need to hear. Rescue the next generation today; by your Spirit turn the tide of abortion, we pray. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.
- Continue to pray over the South Australian Law Reform Institute Final Year Law Students who are working on the Abortion Reform Bill in SA as their assignment. Pray that they will have an unbiased opportunity to investigate and create a bill that has the best possible outcome for mothers and the yet-to-be-born. Pray for the Supervising Professors John Williams and David Plater, as they finalize their review for the Attorney General Vicky Chapman, that they will have a conviction of conscience to dignity of life.
- Continue to pray for strengthening of those in the Upper House in NSW who stand for life and righteousness, and ask the Lord to increase the numbers convinced and immovable to vote no to the “Reproductive Healthcare Reform Bill 2019”.
- Ask for greater oneness in the body of Christ. May there develop relationships between the church leaders of our nation, and all believers, to lay aside our personal preferences and past experiences, and in our humility find Christ in each other.
- Pray for those making a decision to abort their children, to suddenly have a deep courage and conviction to find alternative solutions to save the life of those children.
- Ask the Lord to put His axe to the very root of abortion in our nation, and to reveal anything hidden into the light.
FAST + PRAY = LIFE
Today as we stand together ‘as one’ in prayer and fasting may the Lord:
STOP the proposed Abortion Reform Bill in South Australia – “Statutes Amendment (Abortion Law Reform) Bill.”
Push Back and eventually STOP Abortion in every state and territory in Australia!
SHIFT the culture of this Nation to Mercy, Peace, Righteousness and Justice
Email Oneness Call to Prayer to Register to receive the daily prayer emails throughout August. This will be kept completely confidential. Email “Unsubscribe” to stop the emails if you prefer to unsubscribe.
NOTE: The Canberra Declaration will post daily Devotions from Ann Browne every day for the 31-Day Period and on the Canberra Declaration Facebook. Please share the links and send out to your friends. Thank you.