Spirit of Truth
“And I will pray the Father, and He will give you another Helper, that He may abide with you forever— the Spirit of truth, whom the world cannot receive, because it neither sees Him nor knows Him; but you know Him, for He dwells with you and will be in you. I will not leave you orphans; I will come to you.”
~ John 14:16-18
Truth brings Life
The Light of the World, He who is the Truth, has sent us the Spirit of Truth, Whom every believer has received. He has come to us to help us. We have been set free by the Truth and continue to be set free, as we live in Him and He in us. We are to shine His light as we go about in this world, and we also release the Spirit of Truth. This sometimes results in wonderful encounters with people finding their way to Jesus.
Truth brings Revelation
Truth flowing from us as His words leave our lips can bring revelation to different perspectives on life. Unbelievers can hear truth and come into a greater level of understanding when we speak the truth in love. There is a grace and wisdom in sharing truth into emotive subjects such as abortion, that leads to invitation for discussion. It is better to ask for and listen to the other’s perspective, and at the same time lean into the wisdom of the Lord. Then when you open your mouth, you carry His truth into the conversation. Not everyone will like what you say — at times we may offend as we share our perspectives just as Jesus did.
“Finally, all of you be of one mind, having compassion for one another; love as brothers, be tenderhearted, be courteous; not returning evil for evil or reviling for reviling, but on the contrary blessing, knowing that you were called to this, that you may inherit a blessing. For “He who would love life and see good days, let him refrain his tongue from evil, And his lips from speaking deceit.
Let him turn away from evil and do good; Let him seek peace and pursue it.
For the eyes of the Lord are on the righteous, And His ears are open to their prayers; But the face of the Lord is against those who do evil.”
~ 1 Peter 3:8 -12 NKJV
Suffering for Right and Wrong
We live in times where, on many fronts, evil is being called good — especially in the abortion “debate”. Do not be afraid to stand for righteousness.
“And who is he who will harm you if you become followers of what is good? But even if you should suffer for righteousness’ sake, you are blessed.
And do not be afraid of their threats, nor be troubled.
But sanctify the Lord God in your hearts, and always be ready to give a defense to everyone who asks you a reason for the hope that is in you, with meekness and fear; having a good conscience, that when they defame you as evildoers, those who revile your good conduct in Christ may be ashamed.
For it is better, if it is the will of God, to suffer for doing good than for doing evil.”
~ 1 Peter 3:13-17 NKJV
Prayer: Heavenly Father, thank You that truth resides in You and Your Word. Thank You Jesus; You are the Truth and You sent our Helper, the Spirit of Truth. May Your truth go forth dispelling lies and deception this week.
Lord, may the darkness tremble and fall, as the sound of Your truth comes forth in a shout or a whisper — may it shake the parliaments, opening minds to understand fully the ramifications and consequences of the abortion bills.
Let truth and light reveal to committees and those with influence to use their influence to establish righteousness and justice, mercy and truth, no matter who they are or what they believe.
Thank You that You are pouring out Your Spirit on all flesh in these days — let dreams and visions be seen and reveal truth. Let conversations be had that shift the tide away from abortion in our nation.
In Jesus’ Name, Amen.
- Lord, “Send out Your light and Your truth; let them guide me. Let them lead me to Your holy mountain, to the place where You live.” Psalm 43:3
- Ask for Truth and Light to shine into the minds and hearts of Australia, awakening to a new and better way.
- Pray those standing for pro-life speak the Truth with wisdom, and the hearer hear with understanding, in every sphere of society this week.
- Pray conversations and media articles, posts and programs reveal truth and light over our Nation.
- Lord, release truth into the NSW Legislative Council who have voted to hold a very short inquiry into the bill next week, with a report due by August 20. The social issues committee, chaired by Liberal MLC Shayne Mallard, will do the inquiry.
- Right now a coalition of NSW Upper House MPs from across minor parties have banded together to thwart the passage of the bill and will launch a fresh bid to prevent sex-selective terminations from being legalised – Lord, keep revealing Truth.
- Lord, release greater truth to the SALRI students and lecturers compiling the Abortion Bill for SA Parliament. Give courage, conviction and clarity on the whole abortion bill — shift away the deception in Your truth and light.
Spend time today listening to the Lord, and Pray what is on His Heart.
FAST + PRAY = LIFE
Today as we stand together ‘as one’ in prayer and fasting may the Lord:
STOP the proposed Abortion Reform Bill in South Australia – “Statutes Amendment (Abortion Law Reform) Bill.”
Push Back and eventually STOP Abortion in every state and territory in Australia!
SHIFT the culture of this Nation to Mercy, Peace, Righteousness and Justice
Email Oneness Call to Prayer to Register to receive the daily prayer emails throughout August. This will be kept completely confidential. Email “Unsubscribe” to stop the emails if you prefer to unsubscribe.
NOTE: The Canberra Declaration will post daily Devotions from Ann Browne every day for the 31-Day Period and on the Canberra Declaration Facebook. Please share the links and send out to your friends. Thank you.