Reconciled to God and abundant life
Humanity was deceived and was separated by sin, so Christ came to reconcile us back to God.
All have been given the choice to believe in the Lord Jesus and be saved or to reject Him to our demise. Along with our choices are allegiances — we follow one or the other.
Abortion is death and destruction, and steals from its victims their calling and God-given purpose. Not only the child, but most often the mother and others too, suffer from this choice.
Abortion – The Camp of the Enemy
The Bible spells it out very clearly, the work of the thief, who never creates, only destroys — who cannot give life, but whose aim is to kill and destroy humanity, even sadly at times using human vessels to do this evil work.
“The thief comes only in order to steal and kill and destroy.
I came that they may have and enjoy life, and have it in abundance
(to the full, till it overflows).”
~ John 10:10 AMP
The taking of a human life is so serious because that life is itself somehow connected to the image of God. That is the implication of Genesis 9:6, which prescribes capital punishment for murder, “for God made man in His own image.”
Small wonder, then, that the issue of abortion is so multi-layered in its darkness.
It is a killer. It does ruin lives. It does create incalculable pain and chaos in every corner of its influence. Abortion is the devil’s tool – it complies perfectly with his nature, to “steal, kill, and destroy.” No society can brazenly promote this darkness without consequence. No person – man or woman – can come away from this darkness unscathed.
~ Martyn Iles, “Abortion“, Australian Christian Lobby, 13 March 2019
Mosaic Covenant Reality
In the Mosaic covenant there were severe penalties laid down for anyone who sacrificed their children according to Leviticus 20:1-5 (NKJV) Penalties for Breaking the Law.
This states that to sacrifice one’s children is to “defile My sanctuary and profane My holy name”.
We are in direct opposition to the blessing given in Genesis 1:28 to multiply.
“I call heaven and earth as witnesses against you today, that I have set before you life and death, the blessing and the curse; therefore, you shall choose life in order that you may live, you and your descendants…”
~ Deuteronomy 30:19 (AMP)
Redeemed from the Curse
We are eternally grateful for the Cross.
Christ has redeemed us from the curse of the law, having become a curse for us
(for it is written, “Cursed is everyone who hangs on a tree”),
that the blessing of Abraham might come upon the Gentiles in Christ Jesus,
that we might receive the promise of the Spirit through faith.
~ Galatians 3:13-14 (NKJV)
“But now in Christ Jesus, you who once were far off have been brought near by the blood of Christ.”
~ Ephesians 2:13
Prayer: Thank You Father for the gift of your Son, Who paid such a costly price and fulfilled all the requirement for all people to be forgiven and free — what amazing grace. We ask for those who oppose You to be thwarted, and Your righteousness and justice for all over our Nation. By the power of Your precious blood, redeem the next generation from this abomination of death and destruction of lives through abortions.
Prayer for our elected Parliamentarians:
We Pray for the Hon. Vickie Ann Chapman the Attorney-General and Deputy Premier.
Pray as she drafts the Abortion Reform Bill after receiving the SALRI report that she will uphold the value of life, and not extend the current law of gestational limit of 28 weeks; that she will move to put in measures that prevent coercion and give real options for women with unplanned pregnancies.
In Jesus’ Name we pray. Amen.
Some Suggested Prayer Points:
- Thank the Lord that His kindness leads us to repentance, that He forgives and restores, that His blood washed away all our sin and the water of His word washes us clean (John 15:3).
- Repent and confess on behalf of our nation for all the innocent lives legally taken through abortion over the past 50 years, and for the idolatry and bloodshed that opened the door to abortion and the practices keeping it open.
- Repent for the disunity of the church, which weakened our position to present a united front, causing a loss of respect for Christians, so that politicians do not take us seriously.
- Repent that often we separated to good works that did not include taking our place in government — we did not make the Lord’s voice loud and clear in ethical and moral policies.
- That we stepped back from places of governing in righteousness, and left room for all kinds of lawlessness and wickedness to be established.
- Pray for a reformation of our nation to heaven’s Kingdom culture. Ask for a massive shift from ideologies that end in death, destruction and stealing from the innocent, disenfranchised and vulnerable. Pray for truth and light to lead all who govern.
- Pray the silent majority would rise again with one voice and bring the fear of the Lord — the beginning of wisdom, righteousness and justice — back into public policy and parliament.
- May the Lion of the Tribe of Judah roar over Australia to bring the evil structures of the abortion Law and its support structures in the South Australian Parliament down.
His mercy endures forever!
Today we stand together as one in prayer and fasting for grace to:
- STOP the Greens Abortion Reform Bill from being passed in South Australia’s Parliament.
- Bring radical amendments to the existing Abortion Law in favour of life for the unborn and safeguards for mothers.
- Push Back and eventually STOP Abortion in every state and territory in Australia.
- SHIFT the culture of this Nation to the Kingdom of Heaven with Mercy, Peace, Righteousness and Justice on earth as it is in Heaven.
TOMORROW: Sorry SA Day
The enactment of legalised abortion began in Adelaide on January 8th 1970.
On the 50th anniversary, Wednesday 8th January 2020, Right to Life SA are leading a Memorial Day.
It is an open invitation to place flowers on the steps of Parliament, anytime from 6am – 6pm,
to show we care about the many lives lost and harmed during the last 50 years.