Intimacy and Power — Counsel and Might
It was prophesied about Jesus in Isaiah 11:1-5 —
“A new Branch bearing fruit from the old root. 2
And the Spirit of the Lord will rest on him —
the Spirit of wisdom and understanding, the Spirit of counsel and might,
the Spirit of knowledge and the fear of the Lord. 3
He will delight in obeying the Lord.
He will not judge by appearance nor make a decision based on hearsay. 4
He will give justice to the poor and make fair decisions for the exploited.
The earth will shake at the force of His word,
and one breath from his mouth will destroy the wicked. 5
He will wear righteousness like a belt and truth like an undergarment.”
The Spirit of counsel and might go together even for Jesus as He walked on earth.
We are told in Ephesians 6:10 NKJV “…to be strong in the Lord and in the power of His might.”
We need the power of His might to overcome our enemies, and bring about the removal of radical legalization of destruction through Abortion Bills, Euthanasia Bills, Prostitution Bills, gambling Bills and all the destructive bills that have already been passed in our nation.
We need counsel from Heaven and the power of the might He gives us to overcome.
We petition the Lord for removal of the evil practices and re-instatement of His moral and ethical standards and godly boundaries in our society.
Might is given to those who are listening to His counsel, obedient to what He says – to those who abide in Him. Our prayers are mighty in God to the pulling down of strongholds that exalt themselves against the knowledge of God.
Those who do wickedly against the covenant he shall corrupt with flattery;
but the people who know their God shall be strong, and carry out great exploits.
~ Daniel 11:32
The Ekklesia are His people, who as one in the Lord are strong, and shall carry out great exploits. When Jesus said to His disciples they were the Ekklesia, that the gates of hell would not prevail against, they knew that meant they would be able to go into an area and establish a new rule and reign — one that was the Kingdom of Heaven.
Ask Whatever you Desire and it Will Be Done.
“But if you live in life-union with Me and if My words live powerfully within you — then you can ask whatever you desire and it will be done.”
~ John 15:7 TPT
This is an invitation to all believers to abide.
Jesus is one with the Father and invites us to be one with Him also.
“I am the sprouting vine and you are My branches.
As you live in union with Me as your source,
fruitfulness will stream from within you —
but when you live separated from Me, you are powerless.”
~ John 15:5 TPT
We want to flow in life-giving world-changing powerful intercession. Abiding in Him is loving what He loves and hating what he hates. As we fast and pray seeking the Lord’s face and favour, we are entwined with His heart and His desires. He placed within us a passion to stop radical Abortion Bills in SA and the nation. We carry His indignation at the abomination of all Abortion in Australia. We are very aware of all its consequences in our nation. As we live in union with the Lord and His words live powerfully in us, we uproot and tear down, we plant and we build. We bear lasting abundant fruit, we demonstrate that we are mature disciples who glorify our Father, we live in Jesus’s love and our hearts are filled with joy. (Read John 15:1-26 The Passion Translation)
Prayer: Heavenly Father, as the battle rages in our nation over the lives of the unborn we constantly abide in You, we draw from Your words that live powerfully in us. May Your word go forth in these days through the voices of Your people in unity and defeat the enemy’s destruction of the generations through abortion. We ask for Your intervention to come now, and that the voices that have the power to reveal the truth be courageous, and for Your truth to be heard. May policy shift to protecting the unborn, the women and the families and thwart the plans of the enemy. May those like queen Esther who have been born for and positioned for such a time as this, take a walk of faith to petition those who need to know the truth. Thank you for the faith You have placed in Your people to move this mountain. In Jesus’ Mighty Name, Amen.
Prayer for our elected Parliamentarians:
Father, we pray today for Mr Peter Bryden Malinauskas, Leader of the Opposition and member for the electorate of Croydon. We ask for Peter to have Your divine wisdom as he leads the ALP in South Australia, and we give thanks that Peter allowed a conscience vote on the exclusion zones bill. As the time arises in the coming months on the issue of abortion law, we ask that Peter is moved by the Holy Spirit to defend life and be a mighty influence for the unborn.
We also pray for Dr Susan Elizabeth Close, Deputy Leader of the Opposition and member for the electorate of Bragg. We bless Susan and ask for the Light of Christ to reveal to her any past feminist doctrines of deception that she may have believed, and empower her this year to advocate for the true welfare of women.
In Jesus’ Mighty Name. Amen.
- Lord, in Your mercy, strengthen the righteousness that exalts our nation, and remove the sin that brings reproach to any people. (Proverbs 14:34)
- Lord, we ask for the SA parliament to shock the nation by voting no to The Abortion Reform Bill.
- Lord, give ears to Your church to listen corporately and work together as the Body of Christ, moving in the Spirit of counsel and might. Let Your people let go of the lenses and filters that have blocked communication, and break through any man-made dividing walls of hostility. For where we dwell together in unity, You command Your blessing. (Psalm 133)
- Today in one accord, we pray (Matthew 6:9-13), knowing You know what we need even before we ask. “Our Father in Heaven, Hallowed be Your name. Your kingdom come. Your will be done on earth as it is in Heaven. Give us this day our daily bread. And forgive us our debts, As we forgive our debtors. And do not lead us into temptation, But deliver us from the evil one. For Yours is the kingdom and the power and the glory forever. Amen.”
His mercy endures forever!
Today we stand together as one in prayer and fasting for grace to:
- STOP the Greens Abortion Reform Bill from being passed in South Australia’s Parliament.
- Bring radical amendments to the existing Abortion Law in favour of life for the unborn and safeguards for mothers.
- Push Back and eventually STOP Abortion in every state and territory in Australia.
- SHIFT the culture of this Nation to the Kingdom of Heaven with Mercy, Peace, Righteousness and Justice on earth as it is in Heaven.