Mercy is such a massive part of God’s character, and an amazing gift to us all.
God’s mercies are new every morning. He constantly pours out mercy at His Throne of Grace.
Powerfully, the Blood of the Lamb that was sprinkled on the Mercy Seat continually cries out ‘Forgiveness’! Wow!
“And we have come to Jesus who established a new covenant with His blood sprinkled upon the mercy seat; blood that continues to speak from Heaven, “forgiveness,” a better message than Abel’s blood that cries from the earth, “justice.”
~ Hebrews 12:24 TPT
“For judgment is without mercy to the one who has shown no mercy.
Mercy triumphs over judgment.”
~ James 2:13
We can have mercy on those around us and see the Lord triumph as His mercy and forgiveness is flowing – rather than us judging everyone!
“For He says to Moses, “I will have mercy on whomever I will have mercy,
and I will have compassion on whomever I will have compassion.”
~ Romans 9:15 NKJV
There are times when we get to enforce a heavenly judgement against the work of the enemy by decreeing God’s word over a situation — this is after we have repented for our own sin, and at times even on behalf of the sin of others and of our nation.
Sadly, it has been tragedy that is turning hearts to pray in desperate times! There is an open door to evangelise in times of trouble, as those who never think about praying feel to cry out for mercy and help in their time of need. The Church is the place of hope, and carries the good news of the Gospel of Jesus Christ.
Prayer: Lord, we thank You for Your great mercy. May we Your Church be flowing in the power of Your mercy wherever we go. As that mercy and forgiveness flows, soften the hearts of those whom we meet, especially those whose ideals and belief systems are far from Yours, Lord. May the kindness You have shown us flow through us to bring many to have a shift of mindset and a change of heart towards abortion, and those who are suffering through having had an abortion. Lord, bring in the hardest cases and transform them by the power of Your love to become passionate followers of Jesus and pro-life advocates. In Jesus’ precious Name, Amen.
Prayer for our elected Parliamentarians:
Lord, we bring Hon Timothy John Whetstone, Minister for Primary Industries and Regional Development and member for the electorate of Chaffey, before You in prayer.
We ask that by the power of the Holy Spirit, Tim would be moved to reflect the views of his conservative electorate and oppose abortion legislation. Please send in large numbers of Christians who can educate Tim with the truth of the abortion procedures post-28 weeks, awakening in him a father’s heart to defend the defenceless.
We pray now for Hon Corey Luke Wingard, Minister for Police, Emergency Services and Correctional Services, Minister for Recreation, Sport and Racing, member for the electorate of Gibson.
We give thanks for Corey as Police Minister voting against the decriminalisation of prostitution, and we pray that he would similarly see that a callousness toward the unborn affects all of South Australian society. Reveal to him, Lord, the truth that a culture of unrestricted abortion of viable babies will breed increased violence and more opportunity for coercion of women. Move in his heart, Lord, with a burning passion to protect women and unborn babies.
Lord, we ask You to send a firewall of protection over all those standing in public office, and shut down any witchcraft or curses against righteous leadership in our nation.
In Jesus’ powerful Name, Amen.
- Lord, please have mercy over our nation that continues to turn away from the protection of the preborn. We repent on behalf of our fellow Australians in NSW for passing through the Lower House The Reproductive Healthcare Reform Bill 2019. We declare in the name of Christ Jesus this far and no further, this bill will be defeated in the Upper House.
- Lord, as the NSW and SA abortion Bills come forth, let there be truth and light to open blind eyes and deaf ears; let there be grace to help the discussion be fruitful in rescuing the unborn, the future of Australia.
- Lord, equip Your people with strategies that are creative and relational, that circumvent traditional ways of media and protest, and let Heaven invade earth with blueprints to the ways of the Lord, that are so much higher than our ways.
- Give all who are praying encouragement and wisdom, tenacity and deep connection with Your love to sustain them in this vigil.
- Lord, speak to the youth and younger women and men that have already been indoctrinated to believe it’s all about women’s rights. Open their understanding that they have not considered the fetus is a human being with every right to be nurtured and brought forth to live, laugh, play, learn, grow and contribute to this world.
- We ask You Father to call Your people to be one is this battle and to find Your heart in it all.
His mercy endures forever!
Today we stand together as one in prayer and fasting for grace to:
- STOP the Greens Abortion Reform Bill from being passed in South Australia’s Parliament.
- Bring radical amendments to the existing Abortion Law in favour of life for the unborn and safeguards for mothers.
- Push Back and eventually STOP Abortion in every state and territory in Australia.
- SHIFT the culture of this Nation to the Kingdom of Heaven with Mercy, Peace, Righteousness and Justice on earth as it is in Heaven.