A Chosen People – A Royal Priesthood
“But you are a chosen people, a royal priesthood, a holy nation,
God’s special possession, that you may declare the praises of Him
Who called you out of darkness into His wonderful light.”
~ 1 Peter 2:9
We truly are His special possession, and He wants to keep increasing the number of brothers and sisters in Christ — this brings Him and all of Heaven the utmost delight!
He has given the Church gifts, and has blessed us to be a blessing.
It is essential to guard against the traps of the enemy – by agreeing with him, speaking critically and constantly highlighting the negative (especially about the Government). This is a snare and that person does not bear good fruit.
“… and so blessing and cursing come out of the same mouth.
Surely, my brothers and sisters, this is not right!”
~ James 3:10 NLB
As His Ekklesia, we turn from this even in our hearts. As we abide in the Lord and meditate on His word and character, we carry His redemptive heart for others and bear abundant good fruit – from that place of intimacy, we hear His whisper and speak the words of His heart, because they are in our hearts.
Jesus “… has made us to be a kingdom and priests to serve His God and Father…”
~ Revelation 1:6
We have been given the mandate as a kingdom and as priests to speak God’s intentions over this situation of Abortion in our nation. We are positioned by God to bless our future generations and celebrate them coming to earth – they carry something unique for this world; some may be William Wilberforces, Billy Grahams, Mother Theresas, Heidi Bakers; others great artists, actors, musicians, scientists and more.
It is the heart of God to bless — it is His very nature. To bless in the New Testament is eulogia, which means ‘to speak well of’ or to ‘speak the intention and favour of God’ over a person or a situation or even a nation, city or region.
God has chosen to use His people to speak His intentions or favour over our nation. We can either bless or curse through our words. We bless from our place of intimacy with God, in Jesus’ name, and the Holy Spirit moves on our blessing. Our words are to be His words, and they go forth with power to accomplish His plans and purposes for that person or situation.
“If you utter what is precious, and not what is worthless, you shall be as My mouth.”
~ Jeremiah 15:19b
We choose to bless today — whether we perceive a person deserves to be blessed or not. We don’t judge but bless them, because we see them the way God sees them – how God made them in His image.
Receive this blessing:
Prayer: Today with authority and power – we intentionally bless our nation; we say:
Australia, our governments and all leaders, I bless you in the name of the Father, the Son and Holy Spirit. I bless your governing work in our parliaments both state and federal. I bless local government. I bless leaders in family, judicial, health, education, business, economics, media, arts and entertainment and religion. I bless you at home. I release the kingdom of God to our leaders and Government. Come Holy Spirit, You are welcome in all government and all spheres of influence in our nation of Australia. I release love, joy and peace, patience, kindness and goodness, gentleness, faithfulness, self-control and unity. In the name of Jesus, I release the blessing of ideas from the Kingdom of God that change the way we handle the children born and preborn in this nation. I bless the success to find godly solutions to make Australia a better place. I release favour. I bless this nation to fulfill her call to be part of the Great South Lands of the Holy Spirit.
Prayer for the Elected Members of Parliament:
Father, today we pray for Mr Adrian Stephen Pedrick, Government Whip and member for the electorate of Hammond. We give thanks, Lord, for Adrian’s clear stand for women in the recent prostitution decriminalisation debate. We ask that You empower him in this righteous stand and that it will flow into the upcoming abortion to birth debate.
We also pray for Hon Robert Ivan Lucas, Treasurer and MLC for the Liberal Party. We praise God for Rob’s firm stand over many years against exploitative legislation. Lord, we ask for supernatural wisdom and boldness for Rob; may he not only continue to vote against bills that devalue life, but may he courageously speak for those who cannot speak to defend themselves, the innocent unborn.
In Jesus’ Name, Amen.
- Lord, please have mercy over our nation that continues to turn away from the protection of the preborn. We confess this sin on behalf of our fellow Australians. Lord, we cry out for a shift and uprooting of every deed of darkness, for every action of aborting our future generations.
- Lord, change our hearts and the heart of this nation to tune into Your heart of redemption.
- Today we invite the Holy Spirit to open up the conversations in our nation; reveal Your truth and light to destroy lies about what abortion really does and really is.
- Lord, reveal the truth concerning the dangers of medical abortion through the ‘MS-2Step’/RU 486 drug and its potentially severe complications for women, especially those in rural Australia.
- Lord, create new legislation to allow no baby be left to die after a failed late-term abortion (infanticide), but to create a way for these ones to be raised in loving adoptive families.
- Lord, break the silence over the 20-30% of women who will, according to research, suffer the psychological impact of mental health issues such as depression, suicidal ideation, and destruction to relationships after an abortion. Let real solutions arise throughout the nation and especially the church to bring help and healing to these women.
- Thank you, Father, that You speak blessing over our land constantly — teach us to be a people who bless.
- Lord, bring encouragement to Your people as they fast and pray for these 39 days of Mercy.
- Today we bless every conception in our nation to come to full term, and be born to grow and have every opportunity to be a blessing. We bless all unplanned pregnancies to be seen as an unexpected blessing and to be highly valued. We bless every woman carrying a child to have courage and fortitude to either raise the child, or adopt the child to a family who are longing for a child.
His mercy endures forever!
Today we stand together as one in prayer and fasting for grace to:
- STOP the Greens Abortion Reform Bill from being passed in South Australia’s Parliament.
- Bring radical amendments to the existing Abortion Law in favour of life for the unborn and safeguards for mothers.
- Push Back and eventually STOP Abortion in every state and territory in Australia.
- SHIFT the culture of this Nation to the Kingdom of Heaven with Mercy, Peace, Righteousness and Justice on earth as it is in Heaven.