Arise and Shine
1 Arise [from the depression and prostration in which circumstances have kept you—rise to a new life]! Shine (be radiant with the glory of the Lord), for your light has come, and the glory of the Lord has risen upon you!
2 For behold, darkness shall cover the earth, and dense darkness [all] peoples, but the Lord shall arise upon you [O Jerusalem], and His glory shall be seen on you.
3 And nations shall come to your light, and kings to the brightness of your rising.
4 Lift up your eyes round about you and see! They all gather themselves together, they come to you. Your sons shall come from afar, and your daughters shall be carried and nursed in the arms.
~ Isaiah 60:1-4 AMPC
We are now arising as the Church, as one, as the pressure and result of darkness covers the earth at an alarming rate. We are children of the Light born into a Kingdom of Light, and nations come to our light.
It is so easy to become, as this verse in Isaiah 60 says, “in depression and prostration”– hopeless and discouraged — but only when we look at, and constantly speak about, the darkness and its evil practices.
Yes, we acknowledge the facts that it’s dark, and that dense darkness is on the peoples.
Our solution came over two thousand years ago:
“Once more Jesus addressed the crowd.
He said, ‘I am the Light of the world.
He who follows Me will not be walking in the dark,
but will have the Light which is Life.’”
~ John 8:12
God’s Church is the Light of the World
“You are the light of the world.
A city set on a hill cannot be hidden.
Nor do people light a lamp and put it under a basket, but on a stand,
and it gives light to all in the house.
In the same way, let your light shine before others,
so that they may see your good works
and give glory to your Father who is in Heaven.”
~ Matthew 5:14-16 ESV
We have been born into the Kingdom of light, so we get to shine. We shine brighter the more time we spend gazing at and beholding Jesus and worshipping Him. We become lights in our workplaces, homes and everywhere we go. We carry such light that even our presence brings light. If we travel or stand in a queue, wherever we are, we are emanating light. This light changes the atmosphere and changes our world — piercing the thick darkness that covers the people.
Our intercession is as a lampstand illuminating the darkness around us.
We need the oil of the Holy Spirit to sustain us and keep us alert,
awaiting Jesus to move on our intercession.
“By having the eyes of your heart flooded with light,
so that you can know and understand the hope to which He has called you,
and how rich is His glorious inheritance in the saints (His set-apart ones).”
~ Ephesians 1:18
When we worship the Lord in the beauty of holiness, then we arise and shine.
Wisdom and revelation are no longer hidden but seen, and this brings glory to the Lord.
Prayer: Heavenly Father, thank You. It has always been Your delight to see the glory You gave Jesus bring such light into the darkness and chaos of this sinful world. Thank You that Jesus, You have now called Your people to shine — radiant and glorious — overflowing with hope like a beacon of light helping others find their way to You. Lord, liberate our nation from darkness and the people of Australia from the dense darkness covering them, and transfer them into Your Kingdom of Light. As Your light shines through Your people, let the truth and revelation of abortion become seen for what it truly is, bringing a great move of repentance to reverse this curse off our land. In Jesus’ powerful redeeming Name, we pray, Amen.
- Father, we pray for a powerful miracle to stop this bill. We ask for ministering and warring angelic help into parliament to fight the cultural mindsets as we pray. Remove and realign the government to once again be under the fear of the Lord, and not follow agendas of destruction of human life.
- Thank you, Jesus, that the victory is ours, because You have won the victory on the cross at Calvary.
- Lord, encourage and equip Your people to arise and shine out of the places and circumstances that have kept us hidden, so we may be carriers of your light and hope to this dark and broken world.
- Lord, thank You for Your Ekklesia that have already places of influence bringing light to towns and cities — flood every rural area with the light of Your glory to govern in righteousness and justice.
- Lord, smash the things that are causing the dense darkness, and break the yokes of oppression over those who are meant to run to share the good news of the Gospel.
- Reverse the curse of Abortion off our land and her peoples today, Lord we pray.
- Lord, as Your Church truly shines, let multitudes come into the Light of Life in You.
Lord, we pray for the University students of our nation; cause them to have dreams from You revealing the truth of the humanity of the unborn, and guide them into the truth that our right to life is not subjective.
Lord, we uphold the SA members of Parliament, and ask for You to move in the hearts of any of them who have been deceived; we pray for hearts of stone to be replaced with hearts of flesh. Open their ears to hear the truth, and be moved to completely reject the Abortion Reform Bill.
His mercy endures forever!
Today we stand together as one in prayer and fasting for grace to:
- STOP the Greens Abortion Reform Bill from being passed in South Australia’s Parliament.
- Bring radical amendments to the existing Abortion Law in favour of life for the unborn and safeguards for mothers.
- Push Back and eventually STOP Abortion in every state and territory in Australia.
- SHIFT the culture of this Nation to the Kingdom of Heaven with Mercy, Peace, Righteousness and Justice on earth as it is in Heaven.