The Secret Place
“But you, when you pray, go into your room, and when you have shut your door, pray to your Father who is in the secret place; and your Father who sees in secret will reward you openly.”
~ Matthew 6:6
He hides us in the secret place (Psalm 91, 27:5); He even formed each one of us in secret.
The Father sees what is done in secret and rewards openly. The Lord also tells us to pray in secret.
There is a lot going on in secret right now — both good and bad. The Father sees it all and hears every breath of prayer. He is rewarding the faithful by giving greater stewardship. We who are called to pray are moving mountains and building with the Lord, and it will be made evident what the Lord is doing at His appointed time.
Empowered for Victory
We may have a favourite chair or a quiet room that we use as our prayer closet — wherever it is, it is also amazingly a place in Heaven at the same time.
“Through You, I ascend to the highest peaks of Your glory to stand in the heavenly places, strong and secure in You. You’ve trained me with the weapons of warfare-worship; now I’ll descend into battle with power to chase and conquer my foes. You empower me for victory with Your wrap-around presence. Your power within makes me strong to subdue, and by stooping down in gentleness You strengthened me and made me great! You’ve set me free from captivity and now I’m standing complete, ready to fight some more! I caught up with my enemies and conquered them, and didn’t turn back until the war was won!”
~ Psalm 18:33-37
Part of God’s redemptive plan for mankind involves us, His church, walking in victory and having dominion in the earth – we are to conquer our enemies!
As we are interceding in secret with the Lord, we are partnering with the Lord.
“But the Lord is the true God and the God of truth (the God Who is Truth).
He is the living God and the everlasting King. At His wrath the earth quakes,
and the nations are not able to bear His indignation.”
~ Jeremiah 10:10
And how great are His signs! And how mighty His wonders!
His kingdom is an everlasting kingdom, and His dominion is from generation to generation.
~ Daniel 4:3
Prayer: Lord, as we continue to pray and fast for these 39 Days of Mercy, take us deeper into the throne room. May we pray whatever is on Your heart. May we individually and corporately discover and uproot all that is giving the enemy traction to these horrendous late-term abortion bills. Lord, cleanse our land and heal the broken hearts — make this nation a safe place to be conceived and born. Let Australia be innovative in creating real solutions that produce life, not destruction for ‘unwanted pregnancies’. We are so grateful You hear us when we pray. Thank You for sending Your Son to take back what the enemy has stolen; He has the keys to death and Hades. May we partner with You to shift this abortion bill out of the South Australian parliament and begin to turn back the tide of abortion in Australia.
Prayer for the elected Members of Parliament:
Today, Father, we uphold in prayer Hon Geoffrey Graeme Brock, member for the electorate of Frome as an Independent politician. We ask that Geoff’s ears will be open to listen to the voices of his constituents and that words of truth pierce through any hardness to touch his ‘father’ heart. We pray that many people in his electorate are moved by Your Spirit to engage Geoff and ask him to vote against the Bill. We bless Bishop Greg O’Kelly from the Catholic Church in Port Pirie, and we ask that his clear stand for life will influence the community and ultimately Geoff.
We also pray for Mr Michael Edison Brown, Opposition Whip and member for the electorate of Playford. We give thanks for Michael’s good track record in voting against Bills of this nature, and we pray that he would be courageous, supernaturally strengthened by the power of Your Holy Spirit. May he withstand any internal pressure from his party and be moved with compassion to defend life and vote against the Abortion Bill.
We praise and thank Your Holy Name, Jesus. Amen.
- Lord, we come to you in our secret place, and we activate the power over our enemy as it is written in Psalm 91.
- Lord, break the power of witchcraft and satanic rituals empowering the Abortion bills in this nation. Raise up the intercessors who have been trained to destroy the works of darkness over our parliaments, and destroy the contracts of darkness that are bent on destroying the lives of pre-born Australians.
- Pray Psalm 18 on behalf of the unborn.
- Lord, release your Light of Truth to expose any concealed agendas in the SA government that seek to extend the culture of death in the state.
- Lord, reveal to Your righteous politicians your strategies to thwart the enemy’s plans. Empower them by Your Holy Spirit to be strong and courageous to deliver these strategies, and powerfully overcome the schemes of the enemy who seek to destroy precious lives in the womb.
- Lord, continue to call from their prayer closets Your righteous men and women to join boldly together to lead the way for Your Ekklesia to become Houses of Refuge for families facing an unplanned pregnancy. May the culture of love and life be so evident, families will stop running to the abortion centres, and instead run to the Church and Christians to find grace to help save the babies.
- Lord, increase awareness of Your church in SA to stand and ‘Walk for Life’ on Saturday 8th February, and as we pray and walk, let the Oneness and Love create and tear down, bringing Your Kingdom presence into Adelaide and all of SA.
Spend time today listening to the Lord, and pray what is on His Heart.
His mercy endures forever!
Today we stand together as one in prayer and fasting for grace to:
- STOP the Greens Abortion Reform Bill from being passed in South Australia’s Parliament.
- Bring radical amendments to the existing Abortion Law in favour of life for the unborn and safeguards for mothers.
- Push Back and eventually STOP Abortion in every state and territory in Australia.
- SHIFT the culture of this Nation to the Kingdom of Heaven with Mercy, Peace, Righteousness and Justice on earth as it is in Heaven.