In Luke 18, Jesus was telling those with Him a parable, to the effect that they ought always to pray and not to turn coward (faint, lose heart, and give up). The issue was about needing justice and being persistent in seeking it – a widow needing vindication kept coming to the unjust judge again and again, and he gave her vindication because he wanted to stop her constantly coming and brow-beating him.
The Lord continued, “Did you hear what the ungodly judge said—that he would answer her persistent request? Don’t you know that God, the true judge, will grant justice to all of His chosen ones who cry out to Him night and day? He will pour out His Spirit upon them. He will not delay to answer you and give you what you ask for. God will give swift justice to those who don’t give up. So be ever praying, ever expecting, be persistent just like the widow was with the judge.
~ Luke 18:5-8a TPT
“Yet when the Son of Man comes back, will He find this kind of persistent faithfulness in His people?”
~ Luke 18:8b TPT
It is clear: those who keep praying and expecting can also expect swift justice from our righteous Judge. Somehow, I wonder if in this parable we have focused more on the last part of ‘what faith do I have?… do I have enough faith?’ And we miss the point Jesus is making and become works-orientated to think, ‘Ok, I must read the Bible more or pray more.’
The Lord Jesus is encouraging His followers to understand something about our Father as our righteous Judge. Firstly, to know He is the true Judge; secondly, He will grant justice to all His chosen ones who cry out to Him day and night. Thirdly, He will pour out His Spirit upon them and answer them according to what they have asked for, and fourthly He will give swift justice to those who don’t give up. We as Christians have been conditioned to believe we must wait a long time — we miss this point about God not delaying to answer and delivering swift justice. The part about faith is this — we get a swift answer if that’s what we believe, or the answer can take a long time to come, if that’s what we’ve believed.
End the Abortion Bills
We are crying out in this nation for an end to abortion bills that are opening up to full-term termination of healthy babies. We will continue and not give up. We will also keep asking the politicians to say no to these bills.
We are persistent in repentance and praying God’s heart in these matters, as we know His word goes forth and performs exactly what He has intended it to perform. The ingredient that activates is faith. Faith is the currency of Heaven that we use to see things shift. The Lord is looking for faith to believe – even though with man it may seem impossible, but with God, nothing is impossible.
Faith that Grows and Overcomes
The scripture says we have all been given a measure of faith (Rom 12:3) and that faith comes by hearing the word of God (Romans 10:17). Faith is like a small seed that has the potential to grow to a mighty tree (Matthew 17:20). It is the substance of things hoped for and the evidence of things unseen (Hebrews 11:1). Faith sees with “God’s eyes” and declares God’s heart into situations – especially in regard to the abortion issues at hand. Faithfulness is the fruit of the Holy Spirit’s indwelling within us.
Persistent faith is constantly challenged — at times, we are fully charged and full of zeal, and at other times we can be weary, clinging on without seemingly much faith at all. The key is, it’s not about what we feel, it’s about decreeing God’s word and His heart into the matter. It is about standing firm with the shield of faith actively stopping the fiery darts of guilt shame and condemnation.
We have the privilege of building our relationship with our Lord, and then faith is in Him not grasping at something we are trying to obtain.
“… but the people who know their God shall be strong,
and carry out great exploits.”
~ Daniel 11:32b
Prayer: Father, we thank You that You are the true Judge, and You give swift justice to those who cry out to You day and night. Thank You Holy Spirit; You send answers to our prayers speedily. Lord Jesus, we ask for grace to help us to be found faithful when You return. We ask that we will build such intimate fellowship with You, Father, Son and Spirit, that we will be moving mountains by the faith we exercise. Lord, it is all gifted by You. Lord, we say move to every mountain of these abortion bills – uproot them and cast them into the sea, that every type of abortion in this nation be eradicated. Let the unborn be safe and cherished in Australia.
Prayer for the elected Members of Parliament:
Father, today we pray for Mr Edward Joseph (Eddie) Hughes, member for the electorate of Giles and member of the Australian Labor Party. We pray for Eddie, that he would see that all life must be valued, and that in valuing all life, he must vote against the abortion-to-birth Bill.
Today we also pray for the Hon. Mr Anastasious (Tom) Koutsantonis, member for the electorate of West Torrens and member of the Australian Labor Party. We thank God for Tom’s clear stand for life issues, and pray that he would be instrumental in moving other members of his party to vote against the abortion-to-birth Bill. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.
- Lord, we look to You for mercy and swift justice to the unborn; bring circumstances to defeat the abortion bill in SA at this time. May it be stopped so radically, that it turns the tide in all states and territories – expose all that is hidden, and bring Your swift justice to eradicate the schemes and snares of the enemy.
- Lord, increase awareness and zeal for Your Church in SA to stand and ‘Walk for Life’ on Saturday 8th February, and as we pray and walk, let the Oneness and Love create and tear down, bringing Your kingdom presence into Adelaide and all of SA.
- Lord, strengthen the politicians that are standing for pro-life, and speak to the hearts and minds of those who need to hear Your truth about life. Open avenues of truth that confound and disempower the enemy, and shut the doors of destruction over our nation.
- Pray for a reformation of our nation to Heaven’s Kingdom culture, and a shift from ideologies that end in death, destruction and stealing from the innocent, disenfranchised and vulnerable.
- Ask that the silent majority would rise again with one voice and bring the Fear of the Lord, Righteousness and Justice back into public policy and parliament.
- May the Lion of the Tribe of Judah roar over Australia to bring the evil structures of the abortion laws and its support structures in the South Australian Parliament to nought.
Spend time today listening to the Lord, and pray what is on His Heart.
His mercy endures forever!
Today we stand together as one in prayer and fasting for grace to:
- STOP the Greens Abortion Reform Bill from being passed in South Australia’s Parliament.
- Bring radical amendments to the existing Abortion Law in favour of life for the unborn and safeguards for mothers.
- Push Back and eventually STOP Abortion in every state and territory in Australia.
- SHIFT the culture of this Nation to the Kingdom of Heaven with Mercy, Peace, Righteousness and Justice on earth as it is in Heaven.