No to Abortion – Australia Choose Life
Jesus, Who is the Good Shepherd, invites all to choose Him.
Humanity was deceived and was separated by sin, so Christ came to reconcile us back to God.
All have been given the choice to believe in the Lord Jesus, and be saved or to reject Him to our demise. Along with our choices are allegiances — we follow one or the other.
Abortion is death and destruction, and steals from its victims their calling and God-given purpose. Not only the child, but most often the mother and others too, suffer from this choice.
Abortion – The Camp of the Enemy
The Bible spells it out very clearly: the work of the thief, who never creates, only destroys – who cannot give life, but whose aim is to kill and destroy humanity, even sadly at times using human vessels to do his evil work.
“The thief comes only in order to steal and kill and destroy.
I came that they may have and enjoy life,
and have it in abundance (to the full, till it overflows).”
~ John 10:10 AMP
The taking of a human life is so serious because that life is itself
somehow connected to the image of God.
That is the implication of Genesis 9:6,
which prescribes capital punishment for murder, “for God made man in His own image.”
Small wonder, then, that the issue of abortion is so multi-layered in its darkness.
It is a killer. It does ruin lives. It does create incalculable pain and chaos in every corner of its influence. Abortion is the devil’s tool – it complies perfectly with his nature, to “steal, kill, and destroy.” No society can brazenly promote this darkness without consequence. No person – man or woman – can come away from this darkness unscathed.
~ Martyn Iles, ACL, “Abortion“, March 13, 2019.
Mosaic Covenant Reality
In the Mosaic covenant, there were severe penalties laid down for anyone who sacrificed their children according to Leviticus 20:1-5 (NKJV) Penalties for Breaking the Law.
We are in direct opposition to the blessing given in Genesis 1:28 to multiply.
“I call heaven and earth as witnesses against you today, that I have set before you life and death, the blessing and the curse; therefore, you shall choose life in order that you may live, you and your descendants…”
~ Deuteronomy 30:19 (AMP)
Redeemed from the Curse
We are eternally grateful for the Cross.
Christ has redeemed us from the curse of the law, having become a curse for us (for it is written, “Cursed is everyone who hangs on a tree”), that the blessing of Abraham might come upon the Gentiles in Christ Jesus, that we might receive the promise of the Spirit through faith.
~ Galatians 3:13-14 (NKJV)
“But now in Christ Jesus, you who once were far off have been brought near by the blood of Christ.”
~ Ephesians 2:13
Prayer: Thank You Father for the gift of Your Son, Who paid such a costly price and fulfilled all the requirement, for all people to be forgiven and free — what amazing grace. We ask for those who oppose You to be thwarted, and for Your blessing to flow abundantly over our Nation.
By the power of Your precious Blood, redeem our generations from the abomination of abortion.
In Jesus’ Name we pray, Amen.
Prayer for the elected Members of Parliament:
Today we pray for Mr Stephen Peter (Steve) Murray, member for the electorate of Davenport and member of the Liberal party. We thank God for Steve’s leadership in this debate and pray that he will have great wisdom in speaking to fellow MPs to oppose the abortion-to-birth bill. We pray that he and others who lead the movement to oppose the Bill would be protected and empowered by the Spirit of God.
Today we pray for Mr Lee Kenny Odenwalder, member for the electorate of Elizabeth and member of the Australian Labor party. We pray that Lee will be moved to oppose the abortion-to-birth bill.
- Thank the Lord that His kindness leads us to repentance, that He forgives and restores, that His blood washed away all our sin, and the water of His word washes us clean. (John 15:3)
- Repent and confess on behalf of our nation for all the innocent lives legally taken through abortion over the past 50 years.
- Repent for the disunity of the church, which weakened our position to present a united front, causing a loss of respect for Christians and politicians not taking us seriously.
- Repent that often we separated to good works that did not include taking our place in government — we did not make the Lord’s voice loud and clear in ethical and moral policies.
- That we stepped back from places of governing in righteousness and left room for all kinds of lawlessness and wickedness to be established.
- Pray for a reformation of our nation to heaven’s Kingdom culture, and a shift from ideologies that seem to end in death, destruction and stealing from the innocent, disenfranchised and vulnerable.
- Ask that the silent majority would rise again with one voice, and bring the Fear of the Lord and Righteousness and Justice back into public policy and parliament.
- May the Lion of the Tribe of Judah roar over Australia to bring the evil structures of the abortion Law and its support structures in the South Australian Parliament down.
Spend time today listening to the Lord, and pray what is on His Heart.
His mercy endures forever!
Today we stand together as one in prayer and fasting for grace to:
- STOP the Greens Abortion Reform Bill from being passed in South Australia’s Parliament.
- Bring radical amendments to the existing Abortion Law in favour of life for the unborn and safeguards for mothers.
- Push Back and eventually STOP Abortion in every state and territory in Australia.
- SHIFT the culture of this Nation to the Kingdom of Heaven with Mercy, Peace, Righteousness and Justice on earth as it is in Heaven.
Then all you have to do is pay when you pick them up from
The Sanctuary Surfers, Shop 201, Waymouth Street, Adelaide
on Thursday the 6th February from 10am-7pm. Easy!
Adults $15; Kids $12
LAST DAY TO ORDER: WEDNESDAY 29TH JANUARY
WALK FOR LIFE — URGENT UPDATE! START LOCATION CHANGE
After an unexpected consultation with SAPOL and Adelaide City Council, including the Horticultural Manager, it was decided that to cater for expected larger numbers to this event,
the Walk for Life will need to commence at a different location.
The Walk for Life will now start at Pennington Gardens, King William Rd,
opposite St Peter’s Cathedral (north-eastern side of Adelaide Oval).
The Walk will then proceed south down King William Rd to Parliament House.
The length of the walk is roughly the same.