“And I will pray the Father, and He will give you another Helper,
that He may abide with you forever—the Spirit of truth,
Whom the world cannot receive, because it neither sees Him nor knows Him;
but you know Him, for He dwells with you and will be in you.
I will not leave you orphans; I will come to you.”
~ John 14:16-18
Truth brings Life
The Light of the World, He who is the Truth, has sent us the Spirit of Truth Whom every believer has received. He has come to us to help us. We have been set free by the truth and continue to be set free, as we live in Him and He in us. We are to shine His light as we go about in this world – and we also release the Spirit of Truth. This releases the atmosphere of Heaven on earth, and results in people coming into the revelation of Jesus Christ.
Truth brings Revelation
Truth flowing from us as His words leave our lips can bring revelation to different perspectives on life. Unbelievers can hear truth and come into a greater level of understanding when we speak the truth in love.
There is a grace and wisdom to share truth into emotive subjects such as abortion that leads to invitation for discussion. It is better to ask and listen to others’ perspectives, and at the same time lean into the wisdom of the Lord. Then when we open our mouths, we release His truth into the conversation.
Not everyone will like what you say – at times we may offend as we share our perspectives, just as Jesus did. Many will hear things for the first time and may want to hear more – we are then able to lean in for greater wisdom and be careful not to overload with too much.
We speak words of wisdom and truth, and those words are life – there is a grace that a soft answer turns away wrath, and will seek peace with the other person. When we are courageous to have these conversations, the seeds planted are often deep truths that the Lord will cause to grow.
“Finally, all of you be of one mind, having compassion for one another;
love as brothers, be tenderhearted, be
not returning evil for evil or reviling for reviling,
but on the contrary blessing, knowing that you were called to this,
that you may inherit a blessing.
For he who would love life and see good days,
let him refrain his tongue from evil,
And his lips from speaking deceit.
Let him turn away from evil and do good;
Let him seek peace and pursue it.
For the eyes of the Lord are on the righteous,
And His ears are open to their prayers;
But the face of the Lord is against those who do evil.”
~ 1 Peter 3:8 -12 NKJV
Suffering for Right and Wrong
We live in times where, on many fronts, evil is being called good — especially in the abortion “debate”.
Do not be afraid to stand for righteousness.
“And who is he who will harm you if you become followers of what is good?
But even if you should suffer for righteousness’ sake, you are blessed.
And do not be afraid of their threats, nor be troubled.
But sanctify the Lord God in your hearts, and always be ready to give a defense to everyone who asks you a reason for the hope that is in you,
with meekness and fear; having a good conscience,
that when they defame you as evildoers,
those who revile your good conduct in Christ may be ashamed.
For it is better, if it is the will of God,
to suffer for doing good than for doing evil.”
~ 1 Peter 3:13-17 NKJV
Prayer: Heavenly Father, thank You that Truth resides in You and Your Word. Thank You Jesus; You are the Truth, and You sent our Helper, the Spirit of Truth. May Your truth go forth, dispelling lies and deception into every sphere of influence in these days. Lord, may the darkness tremble and flee as the sound of Your truth comes forth in a shout or a whisper — may it shake the parliaments, opening minds to understand fully the ramifications and consequences of the abortion bills. Let truth and light reveal to committees and those with influence to use their influence to establish righteousness and justice, mercy and truth, no matter who they are or what they believe. Thank You that You are pouring out Your Spirit on all flesh in these days — let dreams and visions be seen and reveal truth. Let conversations be had that shift the tide away from abortion in our nation. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.
Prayer for the elected Members of Parliament:
Father, we lift Ms Jayne Marion Stinson, member for the electorate of Badcoe and the Labor Party, in prayer. We praise the Lord that Jayne is willing to listen to constituents, and we ask those who have confidence to reveal the truth go to see her. May these encounters help Jayne to think past the dogma of women’s absolute autonomy, and see that a viable child should not be aborted.
We pray for Mr Joseph (Joe) Karl Szakacs, member for the electorate of Cheltenham and the Labor Party. We ask that Joe would have supernatural encounters with those that have personal testimonies that reveal the truth about abortion, moving him to vote against abortion to birth.
- We pray, Lord, “Send out Your light and Your truth; let them guide me. Let them lead me to Your holy mountain, to the place where You live.” (Psalm 43:3)
- Ask for Truth and Light to enter into the minds and hearts of Australia, awakening to a new and better way, life in Christ.
- Pray for those standing for pro-life, and for all who believe full-term abortion is abhorrent; speak the Truth with wisdom, and may the hearer hear gaining understanding in every sphere of society this week.
- Pray conversations and media articles, posts and programs reveal truth and light over our nation, and that many will search out the truth and share it wider.
- Lord, release truth into the media to report truth about the abortion bill’s danger to women and destruction to human life.
- Right now, ask to thwart the passage of the bill and prevent sex-selective terminations from being legalised – Lord, keep revealing Truth.
- Lord, release greater truth to all students and lecturers of universities, the judicial system, the business sector, about the Abortion Bill in the SA Parliament. Give courage, conviction and clarity on the whole abortion bill — shift away the deception in Your truth and light.
Spend time today listening to the Lord, and pray what is on His Heart.
His mercy endures forever!
Today we stand together as one in prayer and fasting for grace to:
- STOP the Greens Abortion Reform Bill from being passed in South Australia’s Parliament.
- Bring radical amendments to the existing Abortion Law in favour of life for the unborn and safeguards for mothers.
- Push Back and eventually STOP Abortion in every state and territory in Australia.
- SHIFT the culture of this Nation to the Kingdom of Heaven with Mercy, Peace, Righteousness and Justice on earth as it is in Heaven.
WALK FOR LIFE — URGENT UPDATE! START LOCATION CHANGE
After an unexpected consultation with SAPOL and Adelaide City Council, including the Horticultural Manager, it was decided that to cater for expected larger numbers to this event,
the Walk for Life will need to commence at a different location.
The Walk for Life will now start at Pennington Gardens, King William Rd,
opposite St Peter’s Cathedral (north-eastern side of Adelaide Oval).
The Walk will then proceed south down King William Rd to Parliament House.
The length of the walk is roughly the same.