“But will God really dwell on earth? The heavens, even the highest heaven, cannot contain You… Yet give attention to Your servant’s prayer and his plea for mercy, LORD my God.
Hear the cry and the prayer that Your servant is praying in Your presence this day…
Hear the supplication of Your servant and of Your people Israel when they pray toward this place. Hear from Heaven, Your dwelling place, and when You hear, forgive.”
~ 1 Kings 8:22-25
Solomon prayed that God would hear the prayer of His people when they prayed for and towards the temple. Today the temple is Christ’s body, His Church. And so we can plead with the same assurance and certainty for God to hear our cry and forgive.
Petition: Please join with us in praying for:
- Germany – has 96,092 confirmed cases and 1,444 deaths with Covid-19. Germany has a high testing ratio, therefore it is encouraging to see the number of cases having dropped in the past few days.
- Victoria – now has 1,115 cases (up from 574 just over a week ago) with 8 deaths and 527 recoveries. The concern is that there have been a small but increasing number of community transmissions. Pray that this would cease. Australia as a whole now has 5,635cases (up 181 from yesterday) and 34 deaths. There is an increasing sense of optimism that the measures taken are working. Pray that this would continue to be the case.
- Angela Merkel – the German leader, who carries a heavy load and yet has led her country with dignity and compassion.
- Christian musicians who may now find themselves without concerts and therefore income. Pray that they will be supported, and that their gifts will continue to be used.
- For those of us who are becoming tired and stressed in the midst of the whole situation, that we would know the peace of Christ.
A Prayer of Repentance:
“Have mercy on me, O God, according to Your unfailing love;
according to Your great compassion blot out my transgressions.
Wash away all my iniquity and cleanse me from my sin.”
A Prayer of Thanksgiving:
“Open my lips Lord, and my mouth will declare Your praise…
My sacrifice O God, is a broken spirit;
a broken and a contrite heart You will not despise.”
(Psalm 51 v. 15 & 17)