9 And this is my prayer: that your love may abound more and more
in knowledge and depth of insight,
10 so that you may be able to discern what is best
and may be pure and blameless for the day of Christ,
11 filled with the fruit of righteousness that comes through Jesus Christ —
to the glory and praise of God.
Our prayers are often what are called ‘organ’ prayers. We pray for so-and-so’s heart, lungs, kidneys. It is right and understandable that we pray for health, relationships, finance. But by far the greatest thing we can ever pray for anyone is Paul’s prayer here. Note that love and knowledge, which are often separated, are kept together here. As is the desire to know God’s will and to show the fruit of the Spirit. All to the glory and praise of God.
Petition: Please join with us in praying for:
- Israel –The number of confirmed cases is 12,046, with 123 deaths of those with Covid-19.
Israel is considered to be one of the safest countries to have Covid-19 – because of the excellent healthcare system – hence the low number of deaths.
- Tasmania – now has 151 cases (up from 106 a week ago) with 6 deaths (up 4). Australia has a whole has gone up to 6,416 (up 50 in a day). There have been 61 deaths. 3,598 people have recovered (up 96).
- The World Health Organisation – which has come under increasing criticism for its handling of the Covid-19 crisis – whilst at the same time being defunded by the USA.
- Those who live alone. That especially at this time others would reach out to them.
- That Christians would maintain a regular time with the Lord – in Bible reading and prayer. That this would be a regular part of our new routines.
A Prayer of Repentance:
Lord, forgive us when we do not read or appreciate Your word;
when we use it as an illustration of just a blessed thought.
Help us to see and experience it as it is –
the sword of the Spirit, that cuts right into our inmost being.
Lord, enable us to search the Scriptures, in Christ’s name, Amen.
A Prayer of Thanksgiving:
Sovereign Lord, we thank You that Your mercies are new every morning.
We bless You that You have not left us to our own desires, feelings and thoughts,
but You have revealed Christ to us, through the Word inspired by Your Spirit.
We thank You that You are a God Who does not lie, whose every promise is kept
and Who continues to speak to His people through the living and enduring Word. Amen.