Prayers from Philippians
Now I want you to know, brothers and sisters,
that what has happened to me has actually served to advance the Gospel. 13
As a result, it has become clear throughout the whole palace guard
and to everyone else that I am in chains for Christ. 14
And because of my chains, most of the brothers and sisters have become confident in the Lord and dare all the more to proclaim the Gospel without fear.
~ Phil. 1:12
Paul being in prison was a horrible and fearful event. Yet, rather that causing despair and retreat, it had the opposite effect. Would it not be wonderful if the Covid-19 crisis served to advance the Gospel? If most Christians became more confident in the Lord and dared to proclaim the Gospel without fear. Let us pray that both those things happen.
Petition: Please join with us in praying for:
- Ireland –The number of confirmed cases is 12,547, with 444 deaths of those with Covid-19.
Ireland has seen a significant increase in cases and deaths in the past few days, and a tight lockdown has now been extended until at least May.
- Queensland – now has 999 cases (up from 965 a week ago) with 5 deaths (up 0). Australia has a whole has gone up to 6,458 (up 42 in a day). There have been 63 deaths. 3,686 people have recovered (up 92).
- Airline pilots and crew –as well as ground staff. Many of them are out of work and face uncertain futures.
- The elderly who live in Aged Care Homes and are the most vulnerable group. Pray that they would be protected and not left isolated.
- Christians who now have a great opportunity to share the Good News in the midst of the bad. Pray for wisdom, boldness, compassion and grace as we tell people about our beautiful Lord Jesus.
A Prayer of Repentance: O Lord Jesus Christ, we confess that we are far too quick to speak about ourselves and far to slow to speak about You. Grant us lips that will not only praise You in church, but proclaim You in public. Give us the wisdom, boldness, compassion, grace and words as we seek to tell others of You. For Your glory, Amen.
A Prayer of Thanksgiving: Our Father, we thank You for Christ, Your Son whom You love and yet whom You gave for us. We thank You for His life, teaching, sacrifice and resurrection. We praise You that He loved us and gave Himself for us. Teach us to see His love and beauty ever more deeply, that we might praise You, Him and the Holy Spirit, ever one God, Amen.