Whatever happens, conduct yourselves in a manner worthy of the Gospel of Christ.
Then, whether I come and see you or only hear about you in my absence,
I will know that you stand firm in the one Spirit,
striving together as one for the faith of the Gospel 28
without being frightened in any way by those who oppose you.
This is a sign to them that they will be destroyed, but that you will be saved—
and that by God.
~ Phil. 1:27-28
How we behave as Christians in this pandemic will speak as loudly as what we say. It’s not that words are unimportant or irrelevant – it’s rather that they are many. We are being drowned in opinions and analysis – whether from real (but limited) experts or self-appointed ones. Our words will stand out if our characters do. Paul stresses standing firm in the Spirit, standing together for the Gospel and not being frightened by the enemies we face. What a great prayer for the Lord’s people to pray today!
Petition: Please join with us in praying for:
- India – The number of confirmed cases is 14,352, with 486 deaths of those with Covid-19.
India is in a strict lockdown until the 3rd of May. There are concerns about the harm that this will do to the poor – many who now find themselves without any means to buy food. India’s infection rate is relatively low.
- Western Australia – now has 541 cases (up from 517 a week ago) with 7 deaths (up 1). They are planning to restart schooling next week. Australia has a whole gone up to 6,523 (up 39 in a day). There have been 65 deaths. 3,819 people have recovered (up 72). There are now only 60 people in ICU.
- Transport workers – especially truck and delivery drivers who are busier than ever, and who are also some of the most exposed to any potential infection.
- Pastors, musicians, technicians and all involved in preparing for church online services tomorrow.
- Christian children – There are many children who have a simple, basic and sincere faith in Christ. Grant that this period would be for them a growing, learning and strengthening period.
A Prayer of Repentance:
Father, we confess that though You invite and welcome the little children –
how often we ignore, patronise and leave them out.
For those of us who are children, we thank You that You are our Father.
We trust You completely and we love You with all our heart. Be with us. Amen.
A Prayer of Thanksgiving:
Father God – we thank You that You hear and answer our prayers.
We are like little children who come to a loving Father.
If we ask for bread, You will not give us a stone.
Make us firm and united in our faith as we live and speak for you, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.