Therefore, my dear friends, as you have always obeyed —
not only in my presence, but now much more in my absence —
continue to work out your salvation with fear and trembling, 13
for it is God who works in you to will and to act in order to fulfill His good purpose.
~ Phil. 2:12
Why is it good to ‘fear and tremble’? Paul does not mean this in the sense of a craven fear or the fear you have if someone is about to hit you. It’s the awe you feel as you stand in a fierce gale or before a massive mountain. And it’s that fear of God which is the beginning of wisdom. It is that Almighty and loving God Who works in us to fulfil His purpose. We pray with awe…
Petition: Please join with us in praying for:
- Ecuador – The number of confirmed cases is 10,398, with 520 deaths of those with Covid-19. However, the number of deaths is considered to be far higher, with the number of deaths in the country significantly up from the usual; the government has issued cardboard coffins to help bury the dead.
- Tasmania – now has 202 cases (up 150 from a week ago), with 7 deaths (up 4). Despite having the strictest lockdown laws, Tasmania has seen the most significant increase due to a cluster in a hospital. Australia has a whole has gone up to 6,647 (up 22 in a day). There have been 74 deaths (up 3). 4,291 people have recovered (up 33). 167 are in hospital (47 in ICU).
- Virgin Australia – thousands of jobs are at stake. Pray for those who are threatened with losing their livelihood.
- Evangelists. Now is a great time to bring the Good News into a world which seems filled with bad. Pray for wisdom, insight, opportunities and resources.
- That we would take the opportunity to read that great Christian book that we always meant to read (if you want any suggestions, give me a shout!)
A Prayer of Repentance:
Lord God, our sins made us spiritually dead.
Dead so that we cannot raise ourselves.
When we understand even a little
of what our precious Lord Jesus went through on the Cross for us –
we are stunned at how serious and deep our sin is.
Teach us to see ourselves in the light of the Cross!
A Prayer of Thanksgiving:
Lord Jesus Christ – You have forgiven us all our sins! You wiped them out.
You cast them as far away from You as if they were cast into the depths of the ocean.
We were held captive and You have set us free.
Lord, free us from ungodly fear and from the trap of our own hearts.
Tear apart all those things that would entrap us,
and enable us to love and serve You freely and willingly, in Your name. Amen.