Therefore, my brothers and sisters, you whom I love and long for,
my joy and crown, stand firm in the Lord in this way, dear friends!
~ Phil. 4:1
Paul wrote this magnificent letter – full of deep theology and wonderful teaching about Christ – partly because he was concerned about the lack of unity in the church – and especially a quarrel between two women, Euodia and Syntyche. Disunity in the church grieves the Spirit, harms our witness and does us a great deal of harm. Perhaps at this time of crisis whilst we have the opportunity to re-evaluate things, we could consider whether we have anything against a brother or sister – and forgive them – before we go to the altar of prayer?
Petition: Please join with us in praying for:
- Qatar – The number of confirmed cases is 12,564, with 10 deaths of those with Covid-19.
Qatar has the second highest number of cases in the Arab world.
Migrant workers are locked down in camps.
- Queensland – now has had 1034 cases (up 10 from a week ago), with 6 deaths (up 0).
Australia has a whole has gone up to 6,746 (up 8 in a day). There have been 90 deaths (up 2).
5,667 people have recovered (up 41). 93 are in hospital (8 in ICU). 544,410 people have been tested with 1.2% being positive.
- International Aid workers who are facing the threat of starvation in many areas of the world because of the Covid crisis – they have to continue their work with less funds and more travel restrictions.
- Churches as they plan for the immediate future and coming out of lockdown.
- Some Christians have questions that they have been wrestling with for some time – maybe they have become more urgent because of this crisis. If you have such a question or know someone who does why not drop me a note. I’m not saying I will have an answer, but I can point you to someone who does!
A Prayer of Repentance:
Lord Jesus Christ, You died for Your whole church.
You died to create one united body. We confess that at times we are so disunited.
Help us to love our brothers and sisters, in deed as well as words.
Forgive us our sins, as we forgive those who sin against us.
Help us not to hold grudges, or maintain grievances but rather to take them all to You,
and leave them with You, Amen.
A Prayer of Thanksgiving:
O Holy Spirit, we bless You that You baptize and fill Your Church. That we are one in You.
That You give us gifts and fruit, and each other.
Thank You for the love in You that we can have for one another.
Fill us. Change us. Use us.
Lead us to know Christ and the Father better, in the name of the triune God… Amen.