1 Why do the nations conspire and the peoples plot in vain?
2 The kings of the earth rise up and the rulers band together
against the LORD and against His anointed, saying,
3 “Let us break their chains and throw off their shackles.”
4 The One enthroned in Heaven laughs; the Lord scoffs at them.
5 He rebukes them in His anger and terrifies them in His wrath, saying,
6 “I have installed My king on Zion, My holy mountain.”
~ Psa. 2:1-6
Our world is learning a terrible lesson in this current crisis: we cannot do without the One in whom we live and move and have our being. The rulers of this world often turn against God. The elites of Western culture tend to mock the Lord. But this psalm tells us that He has the last laugh. Covid-19 is not something sent by God to punish us – but it has been permitted by Him to show us how we cannot do without Him. Christians worship, trust and pray to the King of kings – the One who has the whole world in His hands.
Petition: Please join with us in praying for:
- The USA – We have prayed for the ‘top 40’ countries who have been affected by Covid-19 – so lets return to the top. The number of confirmed cases is 1,228,603, with 73,431 deaths of those with Covid-19. President Trump has announced that lockdown will be lifted in many States from next week.
- Tasmania – now has had 225 cases (up 8 from a week ago) with 13 deaths (up 2). Australia now has seen 6,875 people infected in total (up 26 from a day ago – mostly in Victoria). There have been 97 deaths (up 1). 5,984 people have recovered (up 95). 62 are in hospital (27 in ICU). 688,656 people have been tested with 1.0% being positive.
- Doctors, nurses, care staff, cleaners and all those involved with hospitals and the healthcare system.
- Those who lead women’s ministry in churches – as they seek to have online meetings and ensure pastoral care and evangelism continues.
- Some children are returning to school. Not all of them find it easy. Please pray for them and their parents.
A Prayer of Repentance:
Lord God, we come to You on behalf of our country –
confessing that we are a people who have forgotten You.
Our rulers think that they can control everything and do not need You.
Father, forgive them for they do not know what they are doing.
And grant them and us true repentance. Amen.
A Prayer of Thanksgiving:
Lord God, we bless You that You have given us rulers who are Your servants.
We ask that You would enable them to see that.
We pray for all in authority, that we may live peaceful and quiet lives
in all godliness and holiness. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.