Prayers from Psalms
2 Many are saying of me, “God will not deliver him.”
3 But You, LORD, are a shield around me, my glory, the One who lifts my head high.
4 I call out to the LORD, and He answers me from His holy mountain.
5 I lie down and sleep; I wake again, because the LORD sustains me.
6 I will not fear though tens of thousands assail me on every side.
~ Psalm 3:2-6
These are wonderful images – the Lord is a shield. You know how you go into a shop, and sometimes the assistant is behind a Perspex shield in order to protect them from the virus. The Lord is our shield against all our enemies. And He comes from His holy mountain. So with that assurance, we can lie down and sleep. We don’t need to lie awake at night. And we don’t need to fear… we live, sleep and pray in the security of the Lord.
Petition: Please join with us in praying for:
- Spain – The number of confirmed cases is 221,427, with 26,070 deaths of those with Covid-19.
Spain has had a horrendous time. The lockdown was so severe that children were not even allowed out to play. Care homes were particularly badly hit. Things have slowly begun to improve.
- Queensland – now has had 1045 cases (up 11 from a week ago), with 6 deaths (up 0).
Australia now has had a total of 6,896 cases (up 21 in a day). There have been 97 deaths (up 0). 6,035 people have recovered (up 51). 58 are in hospital (23 in ICU). 722,549 people have been tested, with 1.0% being positive.
- Journalists, columnists and all those involved in media –
that they would report accurately, informatively and humbly.
- Vaccine and Cure – Each day from now on, we will pray for a specific aspect of those seeking for a vaccine and a cure. They are different. The vaccine will prevent people getting the illness, the cure will heal them. Billions are being spent throughout the world in the search for both.
- Those who are disabled and face particular difficulties in receiving care.
A Prayer of Repentance:
O Lord, we confess that too often we forget that You are our shield and our refuge.
Forgive us for our lack of faith, and enable us to look to You, always. Amen.
A Prayer of Thanksgiving:
You, O Lord, are a shield. You are our glory.
You speak from Your holy mountain.
You give us rest. You sustain us.
We will not be afraid. Thank you.