1 The fool says in his heart, “There is no God.”
They are corrupt; their deeds are vile; there is no one who does good.
2 The LORD looks down from Heaven on all mankind
to see if there are any who understand, any who seek God…
7 Oh, that salvation for Israel would come out of Zion!
When the LORD restores His people, let Jacob rejoice and Israel be glad!
~ Psalm 14
Humanity is in rebellion against God. Perhaps one of the reasons that the Lord leaves us to our own resources is to let us see what happens when we leave Him out of the equation. We then come to long for restoration and rejoicing. Let’s pray for that today.
“There must be a unity of prayer for God’s outpouring.
Praying is God’s method of getting things done on earth.”
~ A.W Tozer
Petition: Please join with us in praying for:
- China – The number of confirmed cases is 84,054, with 4,638 having passed away of those with Covid-19. Few people believe China’s official figures – with some estimates suggesting the true number is well over 1 million infected and tens of thousands dead. In the past week, two cities have been locked down because of a re-emergence.
- The Northern Territories – now has had 29 cases (up 0 from a week ago), with 0 deaths.
Restrictions are gradually being lifted. In Australia there have been 7,060 cases (up 11). There have been 99 deaths (up 1). 6,389 people have recovered (up 22). 45 are in hospital (12 in ICU). 1,062,034 people have been tested, with 0.7% being positive.
- Those who are involved in ministry to refugees. It is hard enough coming to a different country as a refugee; the current world situation only adds to that difficulty.
- The financial markets in the US and UK jumped on news that the Americans are beginning phase two trials on a vaccine. The Chinese also have five human trials. And the UK one.
- Those who continue to homeschool. Pray for patience, love and strength.
A Prayer of Repentance:
O Lord, help us not to be foolish.
Help us not to live as practical atheists.
Enable us to be those who continually seek Your face. Amen.
A Prayer of Thanksgiving:
O Lord God, You are the God of restoration and rejoicing.
Restore Your people that we may rejoice in You! In Jesus’ name, Amen.