6 I call on You, my God, for You will answer me;
turn Your ear to me and hear my prayer.
7 Show me the wonders of Your great love,
You who save by Your right hand
those who take refuge in You from their foes.
8 Keep me as the apple of Your eye;
hide me in the shadow of Your wings
9 from the wicked who are out to destroy me,
from my mortal enemies who surround me.
~ Psalm 17:6-9
My youngest daughter (a Covid-19 nurse in London) is the ‘apple of my eye’. Who is the apple of your eye? And then imagine that multiplied many times – and you have what you are as a Christian in the eyes of God. We are in the shadow of His wings. We can see the wonders of His great love. We can take refuge in Him.
“When seeking to bring the lost to Christ,
we must pray continually that they may receive the gift of seeing.
And we must pit our prayers against that dark spirit that blinds the hearts of men.”
~ A.W. Tozer
Petition: Please join with us in praying for:
- Mexico – The number of confirmed cases is 59,567, with 6,510 of those with Covid-19 passing away. Although the rate of increase continues, Mexico is beginning to lift its lockdown and restart its economy. It is thought the numbers are much worse because there is little testing.
- The ACT – now has had 107 cases (up 0 from a week ago), with 3 deaths (up 0). This is the third week with no new cases. In Australia there have been 7,081 cases (up 6). There have been 100 deaths (up 0). 6,472 people have recovered (up 28). 41 are in hospital (9 in ICU). 1,137,684 people have been tested, with 0.6% being positive.
- The chief medical officers of both federal and national governments.
- The company Moderna had tests this weeks on eight humans which proved positive. Normal vaccine development takes years. If a vaccine is produced within the next 18 months it will be the fastest ever.
- For those of us who suffer from worry and stress. May the Lord enable us to cast all our cares upon Him.
A Prayer of Repentance:
Lord, we confess that we far too often take our worries and lay them upon ourselves.
Sometimes we even take on others’ worries.
Help us to cast all our cares on You – then we can bear one another’s burdens. Amen.
A Prayer of Thanksgiving:
We turn to You in prayer, O Lord, for You will hear and answer us.
It is hard for us to believe, but we ARE the apple of Your eye. You love us.
Show us the wonders of Your great love. Keep us as the apple of Your eye.
Shelter us under the shadow of Your wings – in Your name. Amen.