1 My God, my God, why have You forsaken me?
Why are You so far from saving me, so far from my cries of anguish?
2 My God, I cry out by day, but You do not answer,
by night, but I find no rest.
3 Yet You are enthroned as the Holy One;
You are the one Israel praises.
~ Psalm 22:1
It is extraordinary that these are the words of Christ on the cross. The beloved Son of God – forsaken. For us. The wonder of the cross should never leave us. An old Scots minister, “Rabbi” Duncan, stated: “There is no pit so deep that Christ has not gone deeper still.”
“Deliver also those who do not call to You, that they may, and that You may set them free.”
Petition: Please join with us in praying for:
1. Belarus – The number of confirmed cases is 38,059, with 208 deaths of those with Covid-19.
Belarus has the lowest death rate in the world – although the figures are highly questionable.
2. The Northern Territory – now has had 29 cases (up o from a week ago), with 0 deaths.
In Australia there have been 7,133 cases (up 15). There have been 102 deaths (up 0).
6,553 people have recovered (up 21). 30 are in hospital (5 in ICU).
1,288,223 people have been tested, with 0.6% being positive.
3. The United Kingdom which seems to be tearing itself apart in anger and bitterness.
4. The big problem with a vaccine is the necessity to do extensive trials to ensure human safety so that the vaccine itself does not become a cause of illness.
5. Today was the Sydney prayer breakfast – praise God that so many politicians, journalists, business people and others are open about their faith and keen to pray.
A Prayer of Repentance:
Lord Jesus, it stuns us that You were forsaken for us.
That Your wounds have become our healing.
That You were not answered, so that we might be.
Forgive us Lord, for the sins that caused all of this.
And enable us to use the freedom You have purchased us, for Your glory. Amen.
A Prayer of Thanksgiving:
Lord Jesus – We rejoice that You are the Holy One. The one Israel praises.
Yet You were the forsaken one.
When we survey the wondrous cross, on which You, the Prince of Glory died.
Our richest gain, we count but loss, and pour contempt on all our pride. Thank You. Amen.