1 The earth is the LORD’S, and everything in it, the world, and all who live in it;
2 for He founded it on the seas and established it on the waters.
~ Psalm 24
Psalm 24 reminds us of two things – firstly that the earth was created by, and exists for, the Lord.
Secondly, that He is the King of glory. And we need to ask Him to enter in. As the kings of this earth struggle to control its problems, may we look to the one Who is the King of Kings.
“His delight was that of the intoxication wherein the world so often forgets You, its Creator, and falls in love with Your creation instead.”
Petition: Please join with us in praying for:
1. Ecuador – The number of confirmed cases is 38,471, with 3,313 deaths of those with Covid-19.
The overall death figures for Ecuador are far higher than usual – which suggests that the Covid deaths are much higher than reported.
2. New South Wales – now has had 3090 cases (up 9 from a week ago), with 48 deaths (up 1).
NSW only had one case yesterday and that was from overseas.
In Australia there have been 7,150 cases (up 11). There have been 103 deaths (up 0).
6,580 people have recovered (up 14). 27 are in hospital (5 in ICU).
1,367,441 people have been tested, with 0.5% being positive.
Apart from Victoria, it looks as though there is now no community transmission.
3. The situation in the US where the horrific killing of an African American has resulted in serious riots in Minneapolis.
4. Drug companies are increasingly confident they will have a vaccine ready by 2021. Pray this happens.
5. Following on from yesterday’s prayer point – in NSW as of next week churches will be allowed 50 people to meet.
A Prayer of Repentance:
Lord God, we confess that although this world is Yours – we have treated it as ours.
Forgive us for our bad stewardship of Your earth.
Give us the grace to listen to You and to be better custodians of Your world. Amen.
A Prayer of Thanksgiving:
Lord God, we thank You for answered prayer.
We thank You that we live in a blessed country –
where there have been so few cases of this dreadful disease.
We ask that You would continue to protect us –
and protect us from ourselves and our own sinfulness.
In Jesus’ name, Amen.