“I waited patiently for the LORD; He turned to me and heard my cry.
He lifted me out of the slimy pit, out of the mud and mire;
He set my feet on a rock and gave me a firm place to stand.
He put a new song in my mouth, a hymn of praise to our God.
Many will see and fear the LORD and put their trust in Him.”
~ Psalm 40:1-3
We need patience, a solid rock on which to stand, and a new song. God gives us them all.
“A Christian is the greatest freeman in the world.
He is free from the wrath of God,
free from hell and damnation, from the curse of the law;
but then, though he is free in these respects,
yet, in regard of love, he is the greatest servant.”
~ Richard Sibbes
Petition: Please join with us in praying for:
1. Afghanistan – The number of confirmed cases is 24,102, with 451 deaths of those with Covid-19.
The Taliban have been doing a good job co-operating with their ‘enemies’ in seeking to stop the spread of Covid-19. In so doing, they are enhancing their reputation and their control in the areas they dominate.
2. New South Wales – now has had 3,119 (up 9 from a week ago), with 48 deaths (up 0).
There had been no community cases of transmission for two weeks, but there was 1 yesterday.
In Australia, there have been 7,302 (up 12). There have been 102 deaths (up 0).
6,812 people have recovered (up 29). 176 are in hospital (2 in ICU).
1,782,651 people have been tested, with 0.4% being positive.
3. Pray for areas of the world where terrorism is still a major threat – especially in Africa and the Middle East.
4. The EU has signed a deal with the British company AstraZeneca for 400 million doses of its under-development Covid-19 vaccine.
5. For churches and Christians who long to return to physically meeting together – and for those who don’t!
A Prayer of Repentance:
Do not withhold Your mercy from me, LORD;
may Your love and faithfulness always protect me.
For troubles without number surround me;
my sins have overtaken me, and I cannot see.
They are more than the hairs of my head, and my heart fails within me.
Be pleased to save me, LORD; come quickly, LORD, to help me.
A Prayer of Thanksgiving:
Many, LORD my God,
are the wonders You have done,
the things you planned for us.
None can compare with You;
were I to speak and tell of Your deeds,
they would be too many to declare.