1 As the deer pants for streams of water,
so my soul pants for You, my God.
2 My soul thirsts for God, for the living God.
When can I go and meet with God?
~ Psalm 42
There is a spiritual thirst and hunger, which is a blessing. Longing for God is a longing that will always be fulfilled. Pray that the Holy Spirit would stir up in us a healthy spiritual appetite.
“The consciousness of the church’s weakness makes her willing to lean on her beloved,
and to hide himself under her wings.”
~ Richard Sibbes
Petition: Please join with us in praying for:
1. The Dominican Republic – The number of confirmed cases is 23,271 with 605 deaths of those with Covid. A lockdown remains in place over concerns with increasing numbers.
2. Tasmania – now has had 228 cases (up 0 from a week ago), with 13 deaths (up 0).
In Australia there have been 7,335 cases (up 15).
There have been 102 deaths (up 0). 6,851 people have recovered (up 13).
17 are in hospital (4 in ICU). 1,828,419 people have been tested, with 0.4% being positive.
3. China – where the Church continues to be attacked and persecuted.
4. There is new hope for a coronavirus vaccine as Chinese company Sinovac’s shot triggered an antibody response in more than 90% of patients. But more trials have to be done.
5. For church leaders as they work out the logistics of returning to public worship in July.
A Prayer of Repentance:
Grant, we beg You, merciful Lord,
to Your faithful people pardon and peace,
that they may be cleansed from all their sins,
and serve You with a quiet mind: through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.
(Book of Common Prayer)
A Prayer of Thanksgiving:
By day the LORD directs His love,
at night His song is with me —
a prayer to the God of my life.
Lord, how wonderful that You direct Your love to us.
How beautiful that Your song is with us.
How grateful we are that You are the God of our life.
Enable us to live with joy, love and singing,
In Jesus’ name, Amen.