6 I said, “Oh, that I had the wings of a dove! I would fly away and be at rest.
7 I would flee far away and stay in the desert;
8 I would hurry to my place of shelter, far from the tempest and storm.”
~ Psalm 55
Do you ever feel like you just want to fly away and escape?
‘Getting away from it all’ is not just a modern phenomenon.
Sometimes the Lord does take us away and lead us beside the still waters.
For most of us, we need to take time away from the hustle and bustle, and spend time with the Lord.
This is the privilege of prayer.
“If we could sin more than He could pardon, then we might have some reason to despair.
Despair is a high point of atheism; it takes away both God and Christ at once.”
Petition: Please join with us in praying for:
1. Peru – The number of confirmed cases is 279,417, with 9,317 deaths of those with Covid-19.
The outbreak here has been severe – especially amongst the poor. There is a real shortage of ICU beds.
2. South Australia – now has had 440 cases (up 0 from a week ago), with 4 deaths (up 0).
In Australia there have been 7,686 cases (up 53). 49 of these are in Victoria.
There have been 104 deaths (up 0). 6,993 people have recovered (up 14).
12 are in hospital (1 in ICU). 2,379,175 have been tested, with 0.3% being positive.
3. 10 million people worldwide have been diagnosed with Covid-19.
Over 500,000 have died with Covid-19.
4. A new mouth test for Covid-19 is being rolled out in Melbourne today.
It is hoped that this will help encourage more people in quarantine to take the test.
5. For Christian media as they seek to communicate the Good News, encourage Christians, and be salt and light in the world.
A Prayer of Repentance:
Lord Jesus – We confess that there are many times we want to give up and run away.
Forgive us when we turn in on ourselves. Enable us to turn to You. Amen.
A Prayer of Thanksgiving:
Cast your cares on the LORD and He will sustain you;
He will never let the righteous be shaken.
~ Isaiah 55:22
Lord, we bless You for the truth of this verse –
for Your compassion, sustaining grace and security. Amen.