Health Care (Safe Access) Amendment Bill 2020, South Australia (Exclusion Zones Bill)
Christ has set us free to live a free life.
So take your stand! Never again let anyone put a harness of slavery on you.
~ Galatians 5:1 MSG
Let us take the freedom Christ won for us on the cross, and use our voices to speak up and proclaim freedom wherever we can. This week we encourage you to speak to the members of the SA Lower House of Parliament — our voices are to be heard. We pray they do not legislate against everyone’s freedom by excluding people from being outside places where abortions are performed. We need to hold prayer vigils, have kind conversations and make offers of help.
In SA hospitals and the abortion clinic so inappropriately named “Pregnancy Advisory Centre”, the latest statistics estimate that 83 unborn children die each week. 95% of those were healthy babies. The predominant reason they were aborted was for the mental health of the mother.
Write to, ring or visit your Lower House MPs in relation to this matter, and say with conviction and patience whatever God gives you to say.
Key Prayer Points:
- Wisdom and truth bringing freedom, and to silence any destructive media or debate.
- Thank God for those standing for the unborn — Lord, raise up more voices and appropriate action.
- That the Lower House votes ‘no’ on the Health Care (Safe Access) Amendment Bill 2020.
- That the amendments to the Bill are voted ‘yes’ to ensure ongoing freedoms.
- Protection for those speaking up and for others to have a change of heart/mind.
- The Church to awaken — that heads of Churches and Denominations stand up and speak out.
- The voice of wisdom and justice be heard, and every lie be cast down powerless.
- That greater numbers of followers of Jesus Christ take up the cause of the voiceless unborn.
- No more compliance, complacency and complaining, but a revelation we are the body of Christ.
Skilful strategy is being given in these days by the Lord. He is calling people to pray from Heaven’s perspective.
“If you solicit good advice, then your plans will succeed. So don’t charge into battle without wisdom, for wars are won by skilful strategy.”
~ Proverbs 20:18
1. Fast from something you enjoy, yielding yourself to the Lord’s heart and His desires.
2. Pray each day for the next week, July 15th – 22nd, leading into the debate and vote in the Lower House about Exclusion Zones.
3. Set an alarm at a certain time each day to remind yourself — praise, worship and pray.
4. Meet with others for worship and prayer — ask the Lord what is on His heart to pray.
5. Repent and forgive anything that hinders oneness. Agree together in prayer.
6. Pray the Scriptures; decree His word over our state and nation.
7. Expect the Lord to triumph over our enemies, and shift South Australia and our nation to righteousness.
8. Faith & Persistence – Luke 18:7 “And will not God give justice to His elect who cry to Him day & night?” & v 27 “What is impossible with man is possible with God.”
Pastor Ann Browne
On behalf of Love Adelaide Executive Team
* On Wednesday, 22 July 2020, the SA Lower House will debate and possibly vote on the Health Care (Safe Access) Amendment Bill 2020.
The Bill will establish 70,000-square-metre zones in at least 12 areas (possibly more) in South Australia, where it will be against the law to communicate about abortion in a way that can be seen and heard by those entering or leaving a place where abortions are carried out.
As it stands, this Bill will:
- ban silent prayer;
- stop those who want to offer pregnancy support to women who do not want to have an abortion, but do so as they feel they have no alternative;
- affect the freedom to communicate publicly about abortion in large areas of SA.
Proposed Amendments (vital to maintain for SA if the Bill were to pass)
Write to MPs asking them to not support the Bill in its current form, and to vote for key amendments such as allowing silent prayer, offers of help, and preserving the rights of organisations which were in zones before they commenced operation. More details of taking action can be found on the ACL website.