One of the great dangers we face is a divided heart.
When we have such, we no longer trust God.
To know Him is to love Him. To love Him is to trust Him.
We need the Lord to teach and guide us when we are faced with trouble.
This is a beautiful prayer to pray — as is the whole psalm.
Teach me your way, LORD,
that I may rely on Your faithfulness;
give me an undivided heart,
that I may fear Your name.
~ Psalm 86
“We have two bits of evidence about the Somebody.
One is the universe He has made…
The other bit of evidence is that Moral Law which He has put into our minds.
And this is a better bit of evidence than the other, because it is inside information.”
~ CS Lewis, Mere Christianity
Petition: Please join with us in praying for:
1. The World — The number of confirmed cases is 99,952,014 (up 4,957,518 from last week — a slight increase). The number of deaths of people with Covid-19 is 2,129,134 (up 99,326 — the highest so far.)
Beijing has been plunged back into a partial lockdown as 1.6 million inhabitants are ordered to take coronavirus tests in a bid to stop the spread of a new variant of the virus.
The restrictions came into immediate effect yesterday, as Beijing’s health authority confirmed that two of a handful of new Covid-19 cases detected in the capital were “considered to be variants of the new coronavirus discovered in the UK”. The US has passed 25 million cases.
India has over 10 million — although the infection rate appears to be dropping.
New Zealand had its first community case in weeks this week.
2. Australia — There have been 28,766 cases in total (up 58 compared with 111 the week before, with 0 being community transmission — 20 last week).
|State||Total Cases||Weekly Change TW/LW||Total Deaths||Change in Deaths TW/LW|
|NSW||5,087||+ 21 (49)||54||0|
|TAS||234||+ 0 (0)||13||0|
There are 32 people in hospital (-6), with 0 in intensive care (-2).
4307,363 tests have been carried out in the past week, with 0.2% positive.
There are 135 active cases (-80). It is a cause for profound thankfulness that there are have been zero community cases this week and there is no-one in intensive care.
3. Vaccine and Cures — Over 65 million vaccines doses have been administered worldwide.
Over 3 million are now being administered each day. 40% of the Israeli population have been vaccinated.
4. Church — Pray for praise leaders, musicians and singers as they continue to provide praise online and increasingly back in the public gatherings of the church.
5. Personal and Family — As we near the end of the summer holidays, pray for those who return to work with a degree of uncertainty. May work, family and church life balance be clear.
A Prayer of Repentance:
1 Hear me, LORD, and answer me,
for I am poor and needy.
2 Guard my life, for I am faithful to You;
save your servant who trusts in You.
You are my God;
3 have mercy on me, Lord,
for I call to You all day long.
4 Bring joy to Your servant, Lord,
for I put my trust in You.
~ Psalm 86:1-4
Song: Psalm 86 reminds us of God’s faithfulness. This is one of the great hymns about God’s temple.
A Prayer of Thanksgiving:
12 I will praise You, Lord my God, with all my heart;
I will glorify Your name forever.
13 For great is Your love toward me;
You have delivered me from the depths,
from the realm of the dead.
~ Psalm 86:12-13