“For as he thinks within himself, so is he.”
The Amplified Classic states:
“For as he thinks in his heart, so is he [in behaviour — one who manipulates]. He says to you, “Eat and drink,” Yet his heart is not with you [but it is begrudging the cost].”
What we say and what we think in our hearts can be very telling — God looks at the heart. What is our motivation: is it holy and fully surrendered? Jesus challenged hearts and revealed the truth of discipleship.
The Gospels record what it means to follow Jesus. In Luke 9:23 (TPT):
Jesus said to all of His followers,
“If you truly desire to be My disciple,
you must disown your life completely,
embrace My ‘cross’ as your own, and surrender to My ways.”
In Luke 6:45 (TPT) He states:
“People are known in this same way.
Out of the virtue stored in their hearts, good and upright people will produce good fruit.
But out of the evil hidden in their hearts, evil ones will produce what is evil.
For the overflow of what has been stored in your heart will be seen by your fruit and will be heard in your words.”
As followers of Christ, we speak only to represent our King, as His ambassadors, so we do well to keep watch diligently over our hearts and words. We are quick to confess anything that is not His heart and words. Let us choose to surrender our own ways to Him afresh, embracing all that is on His heart.
Let us Pray:Heavenly Father — thank You for Your Son Yeshua. Thank You, Jesus, for laying down everything to come and take up the cross. Today we choose to hear Your heart and serve You, our King, with the grace You give us.
Lord, we desire to see a shift in this nation to stop abortion from escalating any further, and that our nation be turned back from this horror. Lord, we ask for mercy and grace to help us rise up, in Your name, and destroy this giant of death to our unborn — may we cut it off at the knees and see it be completely destroyed.
Lord, You came to bring abundant life — these abortion-to-birth bills throughout our nation are masquerading as women’s health and choice, but are in reality cruel death to the unborn. Lord, quicken the words coming out of all Your people’s holy heart motivation that aligns with Your heart — send those words forth in these days. Release those powerful swords to bring the enemy down and destroy the destroyer that has run rampant in wanting to legalise full-term abortion!
Lord, bring forth the words to repeal such legislation that has already been passed, and cause major defeat of the proposed South Australian Termination of Pregnancy Bill 2020. Lord, expose every unholy motivation and alliance that empowers the enemy in this death rampage. May Your pure Holy Bride rise up and release the babies to freedom, and have the same victory for life that You won when You triumphed over death and Hades! In Jesus’ Powerful Name we pray, Amen.
Abundant grace to you as we continue in prayer and fasting according to Mark 9:29 ~
He answered them, “This type of powerful spirit can only be cast out by fasting and prayer.”
Parliament resumes February 2nd; even during this worldwide pandemic crisis, priority to debate in the first sitting week of 2021 will be given to the Abortion up to Birth Bill. Politicians are pushing this radical abortion reform, and it is possible it could be voted upon as early as February 3rd or 4th.
4 CRITICAL ACTIONS WE IN SA CAN TAKE TO STOP THIS EVIL:
PLEASE TAKE ALL 4 ACTIONS
- Contact local MPs. Click here for more tips on speaking to your local MP, and to look up your member and electorate.
- 5AA Sunday Evening January 31st 8.30 p.m. — 2 a.m. Phone 8223 0000 to speak on air, please speak slowly, clearly, passionately and above all else courteously. Write your thoughts out and read from them. Remember there are thousands of hurting women out there, we can be a bridge to healing for them by speaking the truth kindly.
Text your question and comments to 0448 081 395 and Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Steps of Parliament Wednesday Feb 3rd 5.30 p.m. — 7.30 p.m. Please wear white tops and we will bring some of the Walk for Life signs. Our recommendations are the same as the Walk for Life, don’t engage in debates with anyone speaking aggressively, and remember we are the salt of the earth.
- WALK FOR LIFE Pennington Gardens, North Adelaide Saturday February 6th, Gates open 9.30 a.m. — 12 noon. Arrive early to check in (SA Health requirement).
Points for Prayer ~ pray for:
- South Australia’s Lower House politicians, that they be infused with truth and light for the sanctity of life – even of the unborn. Pray for a majority to vote no to this bill and take courage to defeat the Termination of Pregnancy Bill 2020 the week of Feb 3rd 2021.
- The Walk for Life, February 6th 2021 in Adelaide, South Australia.
- Rescue for all the unborn from death through abortion.
- For greater numbers of believers in Jesus all over Australia and the South Pacific region to awaken to the battle and stand for life — to rise up in wisdom and courage to take action needed and speak for the voiceless.
- For the church to restore the belief that every life is worthy of respect, protection, and care, and to lead the nation in extravagantly assisting those who find they have an unexpected pregnancy.
To send the intended influential message to our politicians
that South Australians DO NOT want legalised abortion up to birth,
we need thousands of people on the WALK for LIFE!
It will take each of us to SPREAD THE WORD through all our networks!
The team at the Canberra Declaration are partnering with Love Adelaide’s call for 37 Days of Prayer & Fasting in asking God for the defeat of this horrific SA abortion to birth legislation that will be voted on in February 2021. We are doing this by calling for 21 Days of Prayer & Fasting from 1 – 21 January 2021. (Feel free to join them for the full 37 Days should you so wish.)
We are also adding some very specific prayer requests over and above the defeat of this horrific anti-LIFE legislation in SA. Join with us as we believe for breakthrough for these key prayer points. Feel free to add your own prayer requests for friends and family, your church and your local community as you feel led.
- A revelation for Australians of Jesus Christ and Him crucified
- The defeat of South Australia’s Abortion Legalisation Bill
- The defeat of Victoria’s “Change or Suppression” Bill
- Integrity and justice in the U.S. election process