Big Tech is biased. That fact is as clear as day to a large segment of the population, many of whom have experienced social media censorship firsthand. To others, however, claims of Big Tech censorship seem elusive and exaggerated.
So I took the liberty of logging incidents of Big Tech bias stretching back almost a decade. I found literally hundreds of examples, and they are catalogued below.
The common claim, and one I have often made myself, is that Big Tech censors conservatives. But this is not strictly true. Many libertarians, classical liberals, and even left-leaning people who oppose various aspects of “Wokeism” have found themselves gagged by the Silicon Valley giants.
Admittedly, some cases that I highlight below (such as several known conspiracy theorists) may have deserved a level of sensible censorship. But not most. The vast majority of these incidents were unfair by any reasonable measure.
There is no doubt that some acts of censorship took place under pressure from activist groups, but that is no excuse: these companies are still responsible for any action they take.
It is also true that certain bans listed below were made in error. To their credit, these companies reviewed such cases, reversed their decisions, and offered apologies. But it’s truly curious that even these errors have tend to affect people on just one end of the political spectrum.
Understanding the reasons for Big Tech bias is beyond the scope of this article. But it’s quite evident that the rules at Facebook, Google, Twitter, Amazon and co. are notoriously vague, ever-changing, and inconsistently enforced.
If people you know still deny that Big Tech is biased, this is the article to share with them. If there are any incidents of censorship that we’ve missed, please comment below with a link so that others can follow it up.
- An American pastor has his YouTube account terminated for uploading a sermon about Islamist persecution of Christians in the Middle East.
- Canadian conservative activist Lauren Southern is given a 30-day Facebook suspension for complaining about Facebook’s censorship of conservatives.
- Facebook tells a woman to remove posts opposing men in women’s bathrooms.
- Facebook deletes Middle East atheist pages with over 100,000 members after they criticise Islam.
- A Black conservative reporter is called racial slurs on Twitter, but the platform takes no action against his harassers.
- A multimillionaire and his girlfriend are “outed” as Trump supporters on Twitter and are harassed off of the platform with no action taken by Twitter.
- YouTube reclassifies 21 videos from conservative nonprofit Prager University as “restricted”, making them inaccessible to their target youth audience.
- YouTube censors a Prager University video that criticises censorship.
- Facebook referrals to Jihad Watch website suddenly drop from 20,000 per day to 2,000 per day.
- A former homosexual has 850 Christian testimonial videos deleted from Vimeo after they are flagged as “hateful” and “offensive”.
- YouTube removes a video exposing Planned Parenthood directors laughing about dismembering fully formed babies.
- Citing “nudity”, Facebook rejects an ad by a Christian group that includes a cartoon of Michelangelo’s “Creation of Adam” mural.
- Twitter prevents pro-life group Live Action from buying ads that promote the dignity of unborn life because it violates their “hate” policy.
- Google dramatically reduces the visibility of a popular pro-life page that provides extensive abortion information.
- Twitter blocks an ad promoting a pastor’s book advocating for traditional Christian marriage.
- Without explanation, Facebook blocks nearly two dozen Roman Catholic pages, affecting millions of followers.
- YouTube demonetises over 900 videos by Christian author and talk show host Michael Brown.
- Jordan Peterson is suspended from his Google and YouTube accounts for opposing gender-neutral pronoun mandates.
- Apple removes Human Coalition’s pro-life prayer app from its App Store without warning.
- Twitter censors a pro-life group, telling them that no advertiser is permitted to use the phrase “killing babies”.
- Facebook censors the ads of a pro-life group, telling them “we don’t support ads for your business model”.
- Facebook unpublishes Warriors for Christ page for its opposition to abortion and homosexuality.
- An analysis finds that Google is manipulating searches by “fact checking” conservative websites while leaving liberal sites untouched.
- YouTube restricts a PragerU video on Planned Parenthood hours after its release.
- Facebook threatens to censor Christian satire site The Babylon Bee after Snopes flags it as “fake news”.
- To monitor content on its site, YouTube enlists Southern Poverty Law Centre, which is already known for labelling mainstream conservative organisations as “hate groups”.
- YouTube apologises for accidentally removing a series of right-wing channels and videos from their site.
- Conservative comedian Terrence K. Williams receives abusive messages and Facebook suspends him for sharing them.
- Google no longer accepts ads from a Lutheran publishing house, allegedly over references to “Jesus” and “the Bible”.
- Facebook bans an Easter ad featuring Jesus on the cross for containing “shocking, sensational, or excessively violent content”.
- YouTube deems “not suitable for all advertisers” a video by a Christian pastor criticising Hamas.
- Google, Facebook and Twitter ban pro-life ads during Ireland’s abortion referendum.
- Amazon removes Christian group Alliance Defending Freedom from its charity program.
- West Virginia pastor loses 90 percent of his Facebook followers in the space of a week.
- YouTube suspends the pro-life channel Abortion Pill Reversal.
- Facebook censors as “hate speech” a post quoting the Declaration of Independence.
- Facebook blocks a Christian author for “hate speech” for criticising a gay pride month video in the video’s comments section.
- Twitter locks the account of conservative author Michael Brown over tweets highlighting the massacre of Nigerian Christians, deeming the tweets “hateful”.
- Facebook blocks a famous painting of a bare-chested crucified Jesus Christ for being too “indecent”.
- A Republican congressional candidate is blocked from sharing an ad on Facebook highlighting Cambodian communist violence from which her family fled.
- Facebook suspends the account of a homeschool mum for labelling gender dysphoria a “mental disorder” as per the American Psychiatric Association classification.
- Facebook bans conservative blogger and political candidate Avi Yemeni for unspecified “hate speech”.
- Facebook blocks videos from PragerU, making them invisible to the conservative nonprofit’s audience.
- Facebook, Apple, iTunes, YouTube, Spotify unite in banning Alex Jones’s InfoWars from their platforms.
- Twitter bans Alex Jones for sharing a video about censorship on social media.
- Conservative activist Gavin McInnes is permanently banned from Twitter.
- Facebook censors a story exposing a company hauling away boxes of babies killed in late-term abortions.
- Candace Owens is suspended from Twitter for posting the same tweets as an anti-white New York Times editor but swapping the word “white” for “Jewish” and “black”.
- Google blocks an ad for a video by Fox Business Network critical of the Trump-Russia investigation.
- Twitter bans a conservative author for a tweet opposing deplatforming.
- Facebook censors ads for a movie about an abortionist convicted for murder.
- Twitter locks the account of conservative news site LifeSiteNews over an old tweet exposing the risks of unprotected homosexual sex.
- Less than 8 percent of big tech employee political donations go to Republicans during the 2018 midterm election season.
- Conservative figure Laura Loomer is evicted from Twitter for tweeting about a congresswoman’s Islamic beliefs.
- Facebook blocks ads by pro-life group Susan B. Anthony List supporting pro-life Republican candidates in midterm elections.
- Twitter changes its terms of service to forbid users from “misgendering” and “deadnaming”.
- Twitter permanently suspends conservative journalist Jesse Kelly for “repeat violations of the Twitter rules” but without citing any tweet or specific reason.
- Instagram removes a Baptist ministry’s post on why only men should be pastors.
- Patreon bans British YouTuber Carl Benjamin for comments he made on a different platform.
- Facebook censors a news story about a pro-life African leader that “goes against community standards”.
- A leaked discussion thread suggests that YouTube regularly intervenes in search results to push pro-life videos out of its top ten search results for “abortion”.
- After deleting it, YouTube is forced to repost a video exposing a Planned Parenthood employee telling sex traffickers where to take underage girls for abortions.
- An analysis reveals that 21 out of 22 prominent political personalities suspended from Twitter were Donald Trump supporters.
- Google, Apple, and Microsoft are reported to be distributing Chinese surveillance technology.
Franklin Graham, the son of famous evangelist Billy Graham, is suspended from Facebook for sharing a Bible verse in 2017.
- A feminist journalist is permanently banned from Twitter for tweeting that “men aren’t women”.
- Amazon bans a book critiquing Islamist violence.
- Twitter suspends the official account of pro-life movie Unplanned.
- Amazon removes documentary films questioning vaccines from its streaming services.
- Vimeo removes a church’s channel after it hosts a conference criticising LGBT advocacy within the church.
- YouTube bans an ad informing people about the Bible’s teachings on homosexuality, saying that the ad ran “counter” to its mission.
- YouTube demonetises Michael Brown’s entire 1,600-video channel.
- Google classifies Unplanned movie as “propaganda”.
- Twitter blocks a Mother Teresa quote that criticises abortion.
- Instagram removes a cartoon from a Babylon Bee-linked account for comparing abortion with slavery.
- Facebook removes the accounts of Alex Jones, Milo Yiannopoulos, Paul Joseph Watson and Laura Loomer. Twitter labels as “hateful conduct” a tweet denouncing the 9/11 terrorist attack.
- Instagram apparently deletes a photo of Donald Trump Jr. posing with a wounded military veteran.
- An expert psychologist is blocked on Twitter for expressing a clinical opinion on transgenderism.
- Google makes Donald Trump fan club on Reddit difficult to find in its search results.
- Candace Owens is given a week’s suspension by Facebook for criticising the negative impacts of progressive policies on America’s Black community.
- YouTube deletes a documentary about mass immigration to Europe less than 24 hours after it is posted.
- Twitter permanently suspends a clearly-marked parody account critical of Democratic Representative Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez.
- Google bars the Claremont Institute from advertising after it publishes an article arguing that multiculturalism undermines traditional American values.
- Pinterest lists top pro-life site Live Action as “porn” in order to censor its content.
- Pinterest fires an employee after he exposes the company for censoring pro-life and Christian content.
- Twitter and YouTube suppress an exposé on the bias and censorship that took place at Pinterest.
- While censoring pro-life content, Pinterest continues to allow crime scene photos, illegal drugs, Nazi propaganda and illustrated pornography.
- Reddit suspends users who post a video exposing Pinterest’s censorship of pro-life content.
An alleged leaked email between Google staff compares mainstream conservative figures Ben Shapiro and Jordan Peterson to Nazis.
- Numerous YouTube channels that express conservative viewpoints or criticise socialism report that they’ve been demonetised.
- Days before the anniversary of the Tiananmen Square massacre, Twitter suspends 1,000 Chinese-language accounts that are critical of the Chinese Communist Party.
- YouTube demonetises videos by conservative commentator Steven Crowder.
- Facebook COO donates $1 million to Planned Parenthood Action Fund.
- YouTube blocks an ad that uses “Christian” as a keyword but allows the same ad when “Muslim” is used as a keyword.
- Amazon removes books by gay and lesbian authors who became Christians and gave up their homosexual lifestyles.
- Amazon removes the books of another once-gay author while continuing to sell Adolf Hitler’s Mein Kampf.
- Christian speaker Matt Fradd is banned from speaking at planned event at Google headquarters in San Francisco.
- Thousands of conservative American teenagers report “viewpoint discrimination” on social media platforms.
- Reddit “quarantines” a major pro-Trump subreddit page.
- Centrist Democrat Tulsi Gabbard sues Google for $50 million for suspending her advertising account during the presidential nomination race.
- Google is reported to be a top contributor to China’s “surveillance state”.
- Apple News deletes the channel of LifeSiteNews and all of its content.
- Conservative journalist Avi Yemeni is banned from Facebook for posting an exposé on comedian Jim Jefferies.
- A former Google engineer leaks 1,000 pages of documents that allegedly reveal Google demoting conservative content even as it claims to be a neutral platform.
- YouTube blocks a PragerU video about the Ten Commandments, restricting it to “mature audiences”.
- Christian commentator Michael Brown has three videos removed by Vimeo because they have a “mean-spirited vibe”.
- Facebook uses abortionists to “fact check” and censor pro-life site Live Action.
- Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg admits behind closed doors that there “clearly was bias” in their censorship of pro-life group Live Action.
- Women’s clothing brand Garlands of Grace banned from Etsy for posting a Bible verse on its store profile.
- Conservative figure Larry Elder loses followers on Instagram without explanation; new people are unable to follow him.
- Conservative journalist Avi Yemeni is banned from Twitter for suggesting that Greta Thunberg’s climate extremism was caused by “child abuse” from her parents.
- Facebook blocks podcaster Bridget Phetasy from sharing an interview with conservative commentator Glenn Beck without clarifying how it violated “community standards”.
- Twitter suspends the satirical Titania McGrath account for a tweet satirising progressives.
- Conservative comedian Steven Crowder uncovers clear evidence of Google and YouTube blacklisting his content from searches.
- Facebook pins a “hoax” warning on two conservative news sites for stories about Greta Thunberg that are demonstrably accurate.
- Conservative news site Caldron Pool reports on terrorist violence against Christians in Nigeria and Facebook bans them for “supporting terrorism”.
- Actor Chuck Norris uncovers clear evidence of Google suppressing his conservative commentary in searches.
- Google awards grants to 29 left-leaning media outlets.
- Apple CEO Tim Cook is appointed Chair of Board at a top Chinese university that has close ties to the Chinese Communist Party.
- Facebook unpublishes the page of conservative author David Harris Jr. for “violating community standards” without citing which posts violated them or how.
- Facebook and YouTube censor the name of an alleged whistleblower once his “whistleblowing” is revealed to be a politically-motivated campaign against Donald Trump.
- Twitter suspends journalist Andy Ngo for reporting that trans murder rates are lower than claimed by humans rights group.
- A Google whistleblower reveals that Google purposely “down-ranks” independent health websites.
- Twitter censors the ads of pro-life group Live Action while allowing abortionists to advertise.
- YouTube removes a video by The Daily Signal of a doctor criticising transgender surgery, citing their “hate speech” policy.
- Twitter censors a pro-life post by President Trump featuring pictures of unborn babies.
- Facebook deletes an interview with an abortion survivor for “violating community standards”.
- YouTube removes a Senate floor speech of Republican Senator Rand Paul mentioning the alleged Trump whistleblower by name.
- Labelling it “false information”, Instagram hides and flags an image from pro-life news site LifeNews about babies with Down Syndrome being aborted.
- TikTok bans and permanently removes Live Action from their platform.
- Facebook labels “false information” an opinion piece arguing that China can’t be trusted in its reporting on the origins of Covid-19.
- Facebook begins removing pages used to organise protests against lockdown measures.
- A church’s app is suspended from the Google Play store for “capitalising on a natural disaster” after preaching repentance as a response to the pandemic.
- YouTube announces that it will ban content on its platform that contradicts the World Health Organisation’s recommendations on Covid-19.
- YouTube censors an epidemiologist for opposing Covid-19 lockdowns.
- YouTube censors an audiobook about coronavirus by theologian John Piper, claiming it violated “community standards”.
- A report reveals that YouTube had been automatically deleting certain Chinese-language phrases critical of China’s Communist Party.
- Tweets resurface of Twitter’s Head of Site Integrity mocking Trump as a “racist tangerine” and Trump’s voter base as living in flyover states.
- Facebook appoints a strongly left-leaning oversight board to monitor “hate speech”.
- An anti-Trump impeachment lawyer is appointed to Facebook’s oversight board.
- Undercover footage shows a Facebook moderator bragging about deleting pro-Trump and conservative content.
- Facebook bans Trump campaign ads saying they violate company guidelines against “organised hate.”
- Facebook censors a pro-life ad showing how abortion pill kills babies and injures women.
- Twitter blocks as “fake” and “manipulated content” a meme video posted by Donald Trump that mocks left-wing news channel CNN; Facebook also blocks the video.
- Twitter and Instagram block Bible verses and worship videos from Bethel Church leaders, flagging them as “sensitive content”.
- Twitter threatens to lock a Republican Senator out of his account for supporting a military response to nationwide riots.
- Twitter flags a tweet by Republican Representative Matt Gaetz that calls for treating Antifa as terrorists, claiming it “glorifies violence”.
- Google attempts to demonetise conservative website The Federalist for its reports and opinion pieces on the Black Lives Matter protests.
- YouTube censors a video of a man sharing his regrets about having lived as a transgender woman, citing their “hate speech” policy.
- Amazon prevents a publisher from buying ads promoting a book highlighting the harms that transgender ideology presents to young girls.
- Amazon refuses to publish a book by a former New York Times reporter critical of lockdowns.
Reddit announces that it will police content on its platform using race-based discrimination.
- Facebook shadow-bans the Managing Director of the Australian Christian Lobby, Martyn Iles, reducing his reach by 80 percent.
- Facebook flags as “partly false” an article by environmentalist Michael Shellenberger for arguing that climate alarmism has gone too far.
- Google appears to blacklist from its search results conservative websites including The Daily Wire, Breitbart and Judicial Watch.
- Donald Trump Jr. is suspended from Twitter for sharing a video promoting hydroxychloroquine.
- Instagram twice blocks ads for a Republican Senator’s book on the day of the book’s launch.
- Twitter flags a video of the Chinese cultural revolution as “sensitive content”.
- Twitter refuses to allow paid promotion for an article by a Christian author linking violent riots to Marxism.
- Facebook and Instagram announce that they will begin banning content promoting therapy that helps people overcome unwanted same-sex attraction.
- Facebook and Twitter censor hundreds of accounts mocking Democratic presidential nominee Joe Biden in the months leading up to his nomination.
- Twitter suspends the Trump campaign account for sharing the President’s comments that children are “almost immune” to the virus and should return to school.
- Twitter permanently suspends the account of vocal Trump supporter Bill Mitchell.
- Candace Owens sues Facebook for suppressing her page reach.
- Google apparently suppresses image searches linking convicted pedophile Jeffrey Epstein to longtime associate Bill Clinton.
- A pro-life film is removed from Amazon Prime due to “poor customer reviews”, despite having overwhelmingly positive reviews.
- YouTube censors a video exposing how abortions kill unborn babies, saying it violated YouTube guidelines.
- Amazon bans a book from its website that outlines the medical and psychological dangers of same-sex sexual acts.
- Twitter appears to censor a Joe Rogan interview with a childhood gender expert.
- YouTube censors a lecture challenging the idea that U.S. law enforcement are engaged in “systemic violence” against African Americans.
- Facebook removes a video from frontline doctors at a Capital Hill conference sharing their professional opinions on Covid-19 and the response to the pandemic.
- After campaigning to have President Trump banned from Twitter, Kamala Harris enters the presidential race and Twitter hires her former spokesman.
- Google’s former Washington lobbying chief endorses Joe Biden at the Democratic National Convention.
- TikTok’s parent company employs Chinese Communist Party members in its highest ranks.
- Facebook removes a conservative think tank ad for alerting voters that, if elected, Biden will allow boys to compete in girls sports.
- YouTube censors a White House public health advisor for voicing his concerns over Covid-19 lockdowns.
- A pro-Trump LGBT activist is permanently banned from Twitter.
- An organisation that tracks corporate donations reveals clear left-leaning bias at Facebook, Apple, Amazon, Google and Twitter.
- Twitter and Facebook censor the New York Post for exposing ties between the Biden family and China, and prevent users from sharing the story.
- Twitter blocks the link to House Republicans’ press release on the Hunter Biden story.
- Twitter locks the official accounts of the Trump campaign, the White House Press Secretary and the New York Post for trying to share the Biden exposé story.
- Twitter and Facebook CEOs admit there is no evidence of Russian disinformation behind the Hunter Biden story, despite having used that as a justification to censor the story.
- Jack Dorsey tells Congress that Twitter has not censored the president despite Trump accounts being censored 65 times during the election campaign.
- Facebook censors a pro-life ad warning that Biden and Harris support abortions up to birth.
- Facebook censors a news story about Kamala Harris seeking to imprison pro-lifers.
- Facebook restricts how many people see content from mainstream conservatives Dinesh D’Souza, Mark Levin and John Stossel.
- On undercover footage, a Google staffer admits that the company can influence the election by “stopping right-wing parties from advertising” and “reducing the exposure of their ads.”
- Facebook and Twitter censor President Trump after he urges the country to remain open given that Covid-19 is “in most populations far less lethal”.
- Twitter removes a post questioning the effectiveness of masks from a White House medical advisor, flagging it as “misleading information”.
- Google censors the Great Barrington Declaration, labelling opposition to lockdowns as “misinformation”.
- Twitter suspends a U.S. government official for tweeting that the border wall is effective in keeping out “gang members, murderers, sexual predators, and drugs”.
- Twitter locks the account of a national press secretary for tweeting that he’d received an absentee ballot for someone else, labelling the tweet “misleading information”.
- Free speech advocate Bret Weinstein is evicted from Facebook without explanation.
- Facebook flags Christian worship group Let Us Worship as QAnon conspiracy theorists.
- Facebook removes the page of Restored Hope Network, a Christian ministry that helps those with unwanted sexual attractions and gender confusion.
- Wikipedia prevents editors from expressing support for traditional marriage on their profile page.
- Facebook demonetises satirical site The Babylon Bee, claiming that a reference to a Monty Python joke in one of their articles “incited violence”.
- Google, Microsoft and Amazon are among the top five donors to the Biden campaign.
- Facebook insider reveals that Facebook employs “Chinese nationals who are working on censorship”.
- Facebook modifies user news feeds to suppress “election misinformation” and prioritise left-leaning publishers like CNN and the New York Times.
- Twitter suspends the official account of pro-Trump documentary The Plot Against the President and the accounts of multiple documentary crew.
- Twitter and Facebook censor posts by President Donald Trump that allege irregularities with vote counting and election observation.
- Twitter prevents users from sharing sworn court documents alleging voter fraud.
- Twitter censors conservative journalist for quoting a Pennsylvania Supreme Court decision allowing post-election ballots.
- A Republican state senator from Pennsylvania has his Twitter account suspended for 24 hours after he leads a hearing on election fraud.
- Mailchimp de-platforms the Northern Virgina Tea Party after it emails members about a recount rally.
- Conservative columnist David Limbaugh is suspended by Twitter without explanation.
- Facebook blocks pro-life pregnancy centre from fundraising to help pregnant women.
- WordPress kicks Conservative Treehouse website off their platform for unspecified “violations” of their terms of service.
- Amazon censors a booklet that highlights the ineffectiveness of masks.
- Twitter allows a pro-Marxist “burn priests alive” hashtag to trend in Spain.
- Data analysis reveals that Google vote reminders were sent to liberals but not conservatives for at least four days during 2020 U.S. election.
- YouTube begins removing content that alleges “widespread fraud or errors” during the 2020 U.S. presidential election.
- Facebook hires as “fact checkers” a professor who claims that all Republican voters are racists, and an organisation funded by Democrats.
- Facebook fact-checker Lead Stories is revealed to be funded by Chinese money.
- YouTube removes the opening statement of a Trump lawyer made during Senate hearings on election fraud.
- While censoring claims of election fraud, YouTube allows Trump-Russia collusion myth and other conspiracy theories on their platform.
- Instagram labels as “false” the widely-accepted view that Joe Biden’s 1994 crime law contributed to the mass jailing of black people.
- YouTube employs Chinese Communist Party State Secrecy Bureau operatives as software engineers.
- Joe Biden’s presidential campaign receives tens of thousands of dollars in donations from Facebook and Twitter executives.
- A report alleges that $500 million from Mark Zuckerberg was used to violate election laws to improperly influence the U.S. election in favour of Joe Biden.
- Twitter places restrictions on a video by President Trump urging Capitol Hill protesters to disperse and go home.
- Twitter locks President Trump’s account and threatens to ban him after he calls for peace following the Capital Hill riot.
- Facebook and Instagram indefinitely ban the sitting President of the United States, Donald J. Trump.
- Shopify bans all Trump stores.
- Reddit bans massive pro-Trump subreddit page.
- Facebook bans ex-Democrat group WalkAway along with group founder Brandon Straka and team members.
- Twitter suspends the accounts of former national security adviser Michael Flynn and Trump lawyer Sidney Powell.
- Prominent conservatives lose tens of thousands of Twitter followers.
- Twitter leaves up death threats against President Trump.
- Twitter leaves untouched the accounts of anti-Semite Ayatollah Khamenei and other prominent figures who openly incite violence.
- Google and Apple suspend the Parler app from their app stores and Amazon announces it will no longer provide cloud services for Parler.
- Facebook permanently bans pro-American apparel retailer PatrioticMe and provides no explanation.
- YouTube terminates the account of UK TalkRadio for their criticism of lockdowns, affecting 250,000 subscribers.
- Former congressman Ron Paul is blocked from using his Facebook page for unspecified violations of “community standards”.
- YouTube removes multiple videos from the channel of U.S. Senator Ron Johnson.
U.S. congresswoman Marjorie Taylor Greene is temporarily suspended from Twitter.
- Twitter suspends the president of the Internet Accountability Project after he demands non-partisan prosecution for political terrorists.
- Twitter suspends the account of Judicial Watch president Tom Fitton for tweeting that hydroxychloroquine is a safe drug.
- World leaders denounce big tech censorship of President Donald Trump.
- 30 conservative groups denounce Amazon, Google, Facebook and Apple for censoring conservatives.
- A Christian university professor is suspended from Facebook for disagreeing with Biden’s EO allowing trans-identifying individuals to serve in the U.S. military.
- Twitter suspends the account of a Christian magazine for stating that one of President Joe Biden’s nominees is a man who believes he’s a woman.
- Two conservative filmmakers are kicked off of Twitter and then reinstated, but with thousands of followers removed.
- Analysis reveals that Twitter censored the Trump campaign 265 times and Biden campaign zero times during 2020 presidential race.
- In an undercover recording, Twitter CEO Jack Dorsey promises that political censorship will be “much bigger” than just Trump’s account.
- Big tech head concedes that Facebook isn’t neutral, has values that “influence the decisions we make”, and that the platform is finding it “increasingly difficult” to be apolitical.
- An undercover video reveals Mark Zuckerberg affirming the strong alignment between Facebook’s political values and those of the Biden administration.
- Twitter suspends the accounts of Project Veritas and journalist James O’Keefe.
- Facebook removes conservative actor Kevin Sorbo’s account with 500,000 followers.
- YouTube demonetises the account of The Epoch Times without prior warning or any specific explanation.
- Twitter blocks links to Conservative Political Action Conference website, warning of “violent or misleading content that could lead to real-world harm”.
- YouTube deplatforms LifeSiteNews, offering no warning or explanation.
- Twitter permanently suspends conservative radio talk show host Wayne Allyn Root without providing an explanation.
- Twitter permanently suspends the account of conservative website The Gateway Pundit.
- Amazon Prime removes documentary about Black conservative Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas during Black History Month.
Facebook removes advertisements for a professor’s book critiquing “toxic femininity”.
- Christian organisation Focus on the Family is locked out of its Twitter account for tweeting an article affirming that a transgender woman is a “man who believes he is a woman”.
- Amazon removes a book that respectfully questions the transgender movement.
- Journalist warns that Chinese Communist-style censorship is coming to the U.S. after having posts censored by Facebook and LinkedIn.
- Facebook announces that will expand censorship of posts that it deems advance “conspiracy theories” about Covid-19 vaccines.
- Instagram bans JFK’s nephew from its platform for criticising the Covid-19 vaccine.
- A study claiming to debunk claims about Big Tech’s anti-conservative bias is revealed to have been funded by a major Biden donor.
- Data reveals that Big Tech employees donated more to Biden’s campaign than any other sector.
- Right Side Broadcasting Network is suspended by YouTube for publishing Trump’s CPAC speech.
Amazon and Facebook expand their censorship, affecting apolitical businesses and non-profits.
- YouTube suspends Rudy Giuliani for expressing his views about the results of the 2020 election.
- Twitter suspends LifeSiteNews for publishing a report on vaccine deaths in Israel.
- eBay removes listings for canceled Dr. Seuss books “because they glorify violence” but allows Mein Kampf and Louis Farrakhan books to be sold.
- Disney Plus holds monthly meetings with race and gender advocacy groups to decide which films need a disclaimer for “offensive material”.
- Facebook whistleblower Ryan Hartwig says that censorship at the company has become “outrageous”.