Your statutes, LORD, stand firm;
Holiness adorns Your house for endless days.
~ Psalm 93:5
The world is constantly changing. It seems unstable and insecure.
But as Jesus said — heaven and earth will pass away, but His words will never pass away.
It is good to know that the pure, good and loving standards of God do not change.
Holiness is what God has required, does require and will require — because holiness is the beauty and goodness of God. If we are Christians, we have to reflect that holiness. Let us pray that we would do so.
“A man can no more diminish God’s glory by refusing to worship Him than a lunatic can put out the sun by scribbling the word ‘darkness’ on the wall of his cell.”
~ CS Lewis, The Problem of Pain
Petition: Please join with us in praying for:
1. The World — The number of confirmed cases is 119,835,574 (up 3,023,873 from last week).
The number of deaths of people with Covid-19 is 2,653,182 (up 60,489).
Italy, France and Germany are seeing increased numbers.
The UK has seen a significant decline as almost 25 million people have been vaccinated.
2. Australia — There have been 29,117 cases in total (up 80 compared with 67 the week before, with 1 being community transmission — 2 last week).
|State||Total Cases||Weekly Change TW/LW||Total Deaths||Change in Deaths TW/LW|
|NSW||5,237||+ 18 (32)||54||0|
|TAS||234||+ 0 (0)||13||0|
There are 41 people in hospital (+12), with 0 in intensive care (-1).
272,465 tests have been carried out in the past week, with 0.2% positive.
There are 117 active cases (+20).
Over the weekend there have been two new community cases (one Brisbane, one Sydney) from health workers in quarantine. Pray that these have been caught in time.
3. Vaccine and Cures — 355 million vaccine dozes have been administered. Israel is at 97%.
The UK is at 38%, the US 32%, China 4%, Australia 1%.
4. Church — The Church is to be a hospital — a place for broken people as we come to Christ to be healed and made whole. May all of us remember that.
5. Personal and Family — Pray for those who are having difficulty at work, are in danger of losing their jobs, or have already lost them.
A Prayer of Repentance:
O Lord, how unstable we are!
And yet how we rely on ourselves and on others, rather than You.
Yet You are the same, yesterday, today and forever.
Forgive us for our self-obsession and enable us to look to You and trust in You. Amen.
Song: City Alight have a new song for us all to use when we are allowed to sing again!
It was Finished Upon That Cross.
A Prayer of Thanksgiving:
The LORD reigns, He is robed in majesty;
the LORD is robed in majesty and armed with strength;
indeed, the world is established, firm and secure.
Your throne was established long ago; You are from all eternity.
~ Psalm 93:1-2