Editor’s Note: This research article has been peer-reviewed by medical experts.
This is a piece of investigative journalism concerning the effectiveness of mass COVID-19 vaccination attempts around the world as they may affect Australia. I am a retired doctor and I maintain a strong interest in current medical research. I have been researching COVID-19 for about 7 months.
In summation, our aim in Australia has been to achieve herd immunity by mass vaccination before we have any overwhelming outbreak of disease. After seeing many countries traumatised by a new disease that no one knew initially how to treat, it is not surprising that we did not want to make the same mistakes. My previous article was about COVID-19 early treatment. This article is more about the vaccines and the issues raised in the vaccination process.
Part 1: The Mass Vaccination Program
Australia’s COVID-19 statistics show that COVID-19 fatality is comparable to a moderate Influenza (0.2-0.4%). COVID-19 deaths follow the natural mortality curve with 66% of deaths in those older than 75 years old, and 87% of COVID-19 deaths having several other causes of death on the death certificate. The case fatality rate for those under 50 is less than 0.034%.
We are now nearly two years from the initial outbreak in Wuhan, China and I would like to look at a global perspective. Theoretically, and from international real-time data, I want to ask: how is mass vaccination working, how well is early treatment working, and what could be a way through this complex medical puzzle?
Despite efficient immunisation programs, Israel (Pfizer vaccine) and the United Kingdom (76% Astra-Zeneca, the balance Pfizer and Moderna) have experienced breakthrough infections with hospitalisation and death even in fully vaccinated individuals.
The Situation in Israel
During the month of July, Israel’s COVID-19 infection statistics showed no protection from infection for doubly vaccinated people in comparison to unvaccinated, as the Delta variant predominated.
A CBC (Canada) report1 in early September said that 60% of the serious cases hospitalised in Israel were doubly vaccinated, especially those over 60 or with underlying health conditions2. This group was vaccinated first and their antibody levels dropped significantly enough for vaccinees to be vulnerable to the more antibody-resistant Delta variant.
Israel has since supplemented the population’s defences with a Pfizer booster shot that has significantly decreased infections in the triple-vaccinated, but the more salient question is whether this intense vaccinal challenge to the virus will result in the generation of further troubling mutants (with as yet unknown infectivity and virulence).
The New South Wales Approach
Dr Kerry Chant, the New South Wales Chief Health Officer, is on record as saying that mass immunisation and continuing booster shots is the health policy of choice at this time4. However, do we really want to follow in the footsteps of Israel? Are there any harms that we need to be aware of?
The Effect of Fear on the Health System
Juergen Ude, a data analyst from Australia has analysed the data from the UK first wave, finding no evidence that the UK immunisation campaign was the cause of the nation’s drop in COVID-19 cases5.
A more likely scenario was that COVID-19 is seasonal and the cases were dropping anyway. He found a similar picture in Israeli statistics. A more important finding was that in the first wave there was very little lag time between case reports and fatality, suggesting that human error (i.e., late presentation of patients and panic by physicians, putting them on ventilators) could have contributed to the high death count.
Generation of Viral-Escape Mutants
Dr Geert Van Den Bossche (an immunologist and vaccinologist) has tried to give some perspective to the international push for COVID-19 mass vaccination and the questionable results. He has repeatedly warned that vaccination in the midst of active viral transmission only forces the virus to evolve and could get to the point of producing an uncontrollable super virus7.
Professor Luc Montagnier (the Nobel Laureate who decoded the HIV virus) also maintains that mass vaccination8 is actually producing the variants9. Both scientists, together with many others, have written and petitioned international and national health authorities to stop the mass vaccination program due to its current and future harms.
Scientists in Chile have studied the Lambda variant and have come to the conclusion that it developed in response to the Chinese Coronavac which was used to vaccinate much of the country10. This, together with the waning of antibody response8 in the months following immunisation may lead to the following problem.
Antibody-Dependent Enhancement of Disease (ADE)
Because variants are generated by the evolutionary pressure of vaccinal antibodies, the effectiveness of vaccinal antibodies in neutralising the virus decreases. There comes a point where infection-enhancing antibodies can then predominate and make some vaccinated people much sicker than the unvaccinated.
According to Yahi et al. “Delta variants are especially well recognized by infection enhancing antibodies targeting the NTD (part of the spike protein), [therefore] the possibility of ADE should be further investigated as it may represent a potential risk for mass vaccination during the current Delta variant pandemic.”11
Professor Arase and his team from Osaka University found that critically ill patients had more disease-enhancing antibodies relative to neutralising antibodies. These antibodies made a person three times more susceptible to infection than otherwise.
There were six such antibodies — out of the 97 tested — which all interacted with a specific part of the spike protein called the N-terminal Domain. People who have not had COVID-19 may have these antibodies (for example, due to prior coronavirus infection from a different strain) and he suggested screening people for this, to determine who might develop ADE.
Is Infection Still Possible After Vaccination13
In the antibody-virus interaction, the virus may still infect cells (for example, in the respiratory tract) if there is a high enough viral load acting on the respiratory tract so as to overcome and deplete the antibodies there. This occurs even in an immunised person. Consequently, transmission is still possible post-immunisation. The vaccinations currently available focus on systemic immunity (and the generation of IgG in the circulation), whereas impeding respiratory infections requires mucosal immunity in the nasopharynx mediated by IgA. Mucosal vaccines have been tried before but generally create only short-lived immunity14.
Immunised People Can Also Act as Carriers of the Virus15
Since the current COVID-19 vaccines do not eliminate the virus or necessarily stop transmission,16 it is reasonable to ask whether, with the more infectious Delta variant, asymptomatic carriage in the vaccinated could lead to outbreaks. Strangely — or perhaps consequently — twelve of the thirteen countries on the Johns Hopkin’s most vaccinated countries list17 have been deemed too dangerous to visit by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)18.
In Vietnam19, during a period of lockdown within a hospital, several vaccinated healthcare workers contracted the Delta strain of COVID-19 from one another. On testing for viral loads in their nasal passages, it was found that their load of the virus was 251 times the load found in COVID-19 patients infected with less infectious strains before vaccination was available.
Although at least part of this difference may be due to the different strains, it still suggests a danger of transmission from vaccinated people.
This leads to another problem.
Imperfect Vaccine Theory
As mentioned above, Dr Geert Vanden Bossche has raised the alarm about the development of a deadly virus by immunising en masse during a time of rapid viral transmission. Typically, viral strains are more likely to survive if they are less deadly (they need a live host to be passed on).
Hence, mutant strains do not generally entail a more pathogenic virus. Nonetheless, they do suggest a more infectious one. However, the fact that immunised people are relatively protected from severe harm by a mutant virus may allow more pathogenic viruses to survive to infect the balance of the population.
This situation was found in veterinary settings especially with regard to the vaccine for Marek’s Disease in ducks and poultry. The vaccine saved the immunised birds but it did not eradicate the virus. Hence, some extremely virulent strains emerged from the virus pool (provided by the immunised poultry). This affected any unvaccinated birds introduced to the flock20.
Given that vaccines against COVID-19 are approved if their efficacy at reducing symptoms is greater than 50%, we have the situation where many countries immunised by these imperfect vaccines have persistently high levels of severe COVID-19 (despite the best immunisation rates)21.
This could prove to be very significant and seems to support the possibility of highly pathogenic variants in the context of mass vaccination. It is a warning for us at this time.
Conclusion, Part 1:
Given that SARS-CoV-2 is so mutable, leading to vaccine-resistant viral escape mutants, and as transmission and infection are not prevented, it is unlikely that we will come into equilibrium with this virus whilst pursuing a policy of mass vaccination in the context of high community viral transmission. This is true no matter what percentage of our population is vaccinated.
Although Australia’s viral caseload is still relatively low in comparison to many other countries, we will still be subject to the mutants generated by vaccination policies internationally.
Part 2: Adverse Effects of the Current Vaccines
It is disturbing to see the numbers of immediate adverse events, some leading to permanent disability and others even to death being reported around the world. Reported deaths following vaccination now run in their tens of thousands, and severe adverse events in their hundreds of thousands.
Many of the adverse effects are not specific for a vaccine reaction (as Thrombosis with Thrombocytopenia Syndrome (TTS) is) but may happen to anyone in the course of their life, especially if they are elderly. This makes it difficult to distinguish “events caused by” from “events that occur afterwards by coincidence”. Consequently, very few of the deaths are officially accepted as deaths directly caused by the vaccine.
Dr Jessica Rose, a Canadian scientist, analysed the Voluntary Adverse Event Reporting System (VAERS) data in May 2021. Using anaphylactic responses to the vaccines as a control (these are known to be directly in response to the vaccine) she plotted the adverse events over time.
Deaths, cardiovascular events, neurological events, autoimmune events and miscarriages all showed the same relationship temporally to the vaccine.
Dr James Lyons-Weiler commented:
“This study will be hotly debated because it drives to the core presumption that the VAERS data resource cannot be used to assess causality. Temporal association is a critical piece of evidence in causality; the test for clustering of the events so near the vaccination event provides a critical test of the hypothesis of causality.”22
A report in April 2021 from western France by Dr Catherine Frade23, a pharmacist and a former director of International Regulatory Affairs in the pharmaceutical industry, evaluated the conditional Medical Approval of Pfizer, Moderna, Astra-Zeneca and Johnson and Johnson given by the European Medicines Agency.
It showed that approval was given before tests were completed to show the quality of the active substance, the safety of the excipients (substances to help absorption and immune response) — some of which are new and untried — the reproducible manufacturing process with reproducibility of batches from different manufacturers, the stability of the vaccine, its efficacy, safety or tolerability, or the proof of a positive Risk-Benefit ratio.
These tests were to be completed between 2021 and 2024. The authors of the study24 stated,
“Prudence would even dictate that, in all countries where these vaccines against COVID-19 have been marketed, all the batches thus ‘released’ should be withdrawn immediately; and that these MAs that have been granted should be suspended, or even canceled, as a matter of urgency until further notice.”
Dr Tess Lawrie25, the director of the Evidence-Based Medicine Consultancy in the UK, has assessed the results of the Yellow Card adverse reports there for the UK COVID-19 vaccines(Astra-Zenica, Pfizer and Moderna) and believes, on the evidence, that the vaccines should be withdrawn26 until their adverse effects can be properly evaluated.
In a further letter27 to the MHRC, she noted that her concerns were not listened to and that, disturbingly, the COVID-19 vaccines used in the UK had a fatality rate twenty-eight times that of the Influenza vaccine.
Some of the Adverse events included blindness, severe neurological disorders, severe pain syndromes, stroke, heart attacks, pulmonary emboli, myocarditis and so on.
These are severe life-changing events. With the push to vaccinate younger and younger children, the harms due to the vaccine will far outstrip any possible harms to the child from the virus — a gross imposition on the child and untenable ethically.
For those who would force vaccination on our young adults before their VCE, consideration might be given to the high incidence of myocarditis in response to mRNA vaccines.28 and the unknown effect on fertility (see below).
There are reasons why the body might react to the available COVID-19 vaccines in these ways:
- The Spike Protein Produces All the Effects of COVID-1929
The vaccines are based on the complete spike protein (described in May 2021 by the Center for Disease Control and Prevention and Global Alliance Vaccine and Immunization websites as a “harmless protein”), but the spike protein produces its own problems in the body.
Suzuki and Gychka29 found that the spike protein initiated a cascade of factors that led to lung injury and changes to the smooth muscle of the vascular system. This happened whether the spike protein was part of the virus or used in isolation (for example, in a vaccine).
The effects seen were signs of pulmonary hypertension in lung endothelial cells. The authors warn of the possible creation of pathology in vascular and cardiovascular endothelial cells and the necessity of animal studies to fully elucidate the dangers of the spike protein-based vaccine.
The Receptor Binding Domain (RBD) fragment of the spike protein produced no such signalling and no systemic inflammatory effects.
Another article described identical pathologies in endothelial cells produced by COVID-19 virus infection and by exposure to a ‘pseudovirus’ (that is, a protein envelope studded with spike proteins)30.
Strangely, the authors concluded that vaccination (that is, the administration of a pseudovirus) would be helpful to negate the effects of the spike protein (and I presume it would be… after it has damaged the body and has started to elucidate antibody responses).
Professor Byram Bridle, a Canadian vaccine researcher admitted31 that a Pfizer biodistribution study submitted to a Japanese regulatory agency showed that the spike protein entered the bloodstream and affected the blood vessels, and subsequently accumulated in the liver, the spleen, the adrenal glands, the ovaries, the pituitary gland, and both the large and small intestines. He said:
“We have known for quite a long time that the spike protein is a pathogenic protein. It is a toxin. It can cause damage in our body if it gets into circulation.”31
Ogata et al. recently published an article on the detection of SARS-CoV-2 (COVID-19) vaccine antigen in the plasma of recipients of the Moderna vaccine.32
There is evidence that the spike protein does cross the blood-brain barrier33 and causes the neurological effects noted in COVID-19 (brain fog and fatigue) and is known to cause microvascular damage in the brain, heart, liver and kidneys.
A recent study in Bristol, UK, showed that the spike protein caused disruption of cell function and inflammation of the pericytes (small endothelial cells which are found within the small vessels of the heart and throughout the circulatory system)34 and, hence, cardiovascular adverse events. Multi-System Inflammatory Syndrome,35 which is a response in some children to the common cold (full-length spike protein of Coronavirus family implicated) is also seen post-vaccination for COVID-19.
Autoimmune Response to Spike Protein
The spike protein is produced by any cells in the body that are targeted by the mRNA or DNA in viral vector vaccines. These cells then place the spike protein on their surface. The immune system then recognises the foreign antigen and can, in some cases, destroy the cell.
Depending on the amount of spike protein produced (which is not possible to quantify) and the target organ, so the pathology is produced36.
Furthermore, Ehrenfeld et al.37 reviewed the autoimmune disease sequelae of COVID-19 infections. There are observed autoimmune diseases that can be deduced from the heptapeptide sharing between SARS-CoV-2 spike glycoprotein and the human proteins.
These diseases included Kawasaki disease, neurological disorders (Miller-Fisher syndrome, Guillain-Barre syndrome), idiopathic thrombocytopenic purpura, and lung dysfunction (COVID-19 glycoprotein homology with lung surfactant proteins).
They concluded that a vaccine should avoid those parts of the spike protein which were most like human proteins for safe vaccination. Dr James Lyons-Weiler38 wrote to all vaccine developers about the numerous proteins in the COVID-19 virus which had worrying homology with human proteins and therefore would risk autoimmune attack in the body if included in the vaccine.
He identified twenty-seven of thirty-seven proteins that cross-reacted against human proteins and requested that these not be included in the vaccines. Unfortunately, his advice was not heeded.
One part of the spike protein is similar to Syncytin-1 (a protein essential to the formation of the human placenta). The possibility of infertility was raised by Dr Michael Yeadon and Dr Wolfgang Wodarg in a submission to the EMA39.
Any possibility of infertility is denied by an industry-supported fact-checker because the similar sequence is too short to elicit an immune response40. Nonetheless, other causes of infertility could be the inflammatory response to spike protein concentrated in the ovary31.
Post-Vaccination Immune Suppression
There are several viral proteins that shut off the cell’s usual anti-viral response. As this is an effect of the viral proteins themselves — for example, the NSP1 part of the spike protein43 — it is conceivable that vaccinations based on the spike protein would make the vaccinee temporarily vulnerable to COVID-19 or other infections in areas of prevalent viral transmission.
Whole inactivated virus, which has, for example, been used in India as a vaccine (Covaxin), would initially have all the pathological effects of the viral proteins, including immune suppression44.
There is also an autoimmune basis to the increased susceptibility to COVID-19 infection post-immunisation as seen, for example, in patients of aged care homes in the UK45. One-third of the proteins in the spike protein which share a similar structure to human proteins cross-reacted with proteins of the adaptive human immune system38.
These findings would explain the findings of Herve Seligman, a data analyst from Marseilles. Seligman analysed the Israeli figures46 and found that the death rate for the vaccinated — during the five-week period between their first dose up until one week after the second dose — was greatly increased in comparison to their risk from COVID-19 disease in the prevaccination period. This was due to what he called the ‘fragilisation’ of the immune system by the vaccine.
At one point in that vaccination timeframe, the vaccinated comprised 12.5% of the population and about 52% of COVID-19 deaths. Seligman calculated that Israel needed to have effective protection from COVID-19 lasting two and a half to three years for the cost-benefit ratio to return to zero.
This is an unlikely scenario with a highly mutable virus (and sadly, such has proved to be the case). Seligman found that the mass vaccination campaign in the context of active community transmission of SARS-CoV-2 had significant costs for the vaccinated when compared with the unvaccinated due to the transient increase in severe disease and death in the vaccinated far beyond what SARS-CoV-2 would have produced in the same time period.
The same phenomenon was noted in many other countries of the world by Dr Gerard Delapine47. Delapine analysed the data from 14 countries, finding a similar pattern of post-vaccination spike in infections.
Some of the graphs are displayed below. The graphs show mortality from COVID-19 over time. The vertical arrow shows the commencement of the mass immunisation campaign.
Given these suggestive graphs, it would be important to know the proportion of COVID-19 cases, hospitalisations and deaths which are related to post-vaccination infection in Australia’s immunisation campaign.
It would also be important to advise vaccinees that they need to isolate themselves from the first dose until two weeks after the second dose because their immunity in this window is below that of the unvaccinated.
Not surprisingly, with these facts and assertions, there are multiple moves to challenge the validity of the COVID-19 vaccines and vaccine passports around the world. Some lawyers are seeing it as necessitating challenges in national and international courts48 49.
Toxicity of Other Components of the Vaccines
- Polyethylene Glycol (PEG)50: a cause of anaphylactic reactions and apparently impossible for the cell to break down and eliminate. A detailed letter to the Food and Drug Administration explores the dangers of this vaccine component.
- Cationic lipid (ALC-315)51: highly toxic to cells due to the release of free radicals. Cationic lipid was previously used in cancer therapy to induce cancer cell death. The cell it eventually targets determines the pathology caused.
- Tromethamine: has a long list of side effects including allergic responses52.
- Also uses PEGylated Lipid Nanoparticles (like Pfizer)
- Polysorbate 8053: a cause of anaphylactoid reactions.
- Possibly implicated in Premature Ovarian Failure (see here).
Other Unknowns and Clinical Concerns:
It should be noted that, for these vaccines, there is no EAC, an independent panel of experts that reviews clinical trial data in order to advise on clinical safety and efficacy. Neither is there a data safety monitoring board to give advice as to whether to modify or stop the trial of a vaccine for safety or ethical reasons. Furthermore, there is no human ethics committee. The absence of these standard oversights is very concerning.56
Conclusion, Part 2:
Adverse events and dangers of the spike protein have led to private professional evaluators calling for the vaccines’ immediate withdrawal. There is no official safety control in place for these COVID vaccines.
A Possible Solution to a Complex Situation
It is possible that some of the second generation COVID-19 vaccines could circumvent some of the problems outlined above.
Novavax, being a more traditional vaccine could give a known but small amount of spike protein to stimulate immunity (much like the tetanus toxoid).
A protein vaccine, using the receptor-binding domain only, would probably circumvent any ADE, autoimmunity or systemic inflammatory effects.
A mucosal vaccine might be effective in generating effective antibodies where they are needed instead of throughout the circulation.
Nevertheless, we are still left with the problem of putting evolutionary pressure on the virus by vaccination and generating dangerous variants in the middle of a pandemic and, consequently, decreasing our immunity.
Treatment: a Missing Piece to the Puzzle
When considering treatment, here is a comparison of the different answers to this question provided by different groups:
i) Health authorities and regulatory agencies: (e.g., WHO, NIAID, CDC, FDA, etc.) are committed to vaccination, and many are involved with or sponsored by those who develop vaccines and benefit from vaccine patents and royalties. These regulatory authorities are major sponsors of medical research worldwide and, thereby, determine the focus of research.
ii) Physicians working with COVID-19 patients use treatments based on patient needs and COVID-19 pathophysiology.
Their position is that there are many possible treatments effective in preventing more serious diseases if used early. Treatments can be changed according to the patient’s needs and the stage of the disease. Significantly, they argue that it is important to do whatever it takes to help and save the patient. They use a combination of repurposed drugs that have the required effects. Further, they emphasise the importance of effective and timely treatment and appropriate monitoring (for example, monitoring pO2 regularly with a Pulse Oximeter to determine the progression of the disease).
iii) Some academics and scientists are committed to research and evidence-based medicine. According to this group, every therapy needs to be proven to be effective by large controlled research trials (even those drugs which have been used safely for years are examined, asking the questions “do they really work and in what dose?”).
The problem with this approach is that it ignores the findings of clinicians who are successfully treating patients. Consequently, this delays the availability of useful drugs for any pandemic response. Retesting drugs with a known safety profile is exceedingly rigorous, particularly when vaccines are used widely while still a novel therapy (and are authorised only for experimental use).
Although cooperation between pharmaceutical companies, regulatory authorities and research organisations are understandable, conflicts of interest may mean that advice from this sector for public policy needs to be balanced by those of expert clinicians who are heavily involved in patient care and have the experience, objective integrity and success to give perspective to health policy.
Given that we have limited experience in our country due to our (comparatively) small numbers of COVID-19 patients, it is important to listen to overseas physicians’ experience and advice.
From a wealth of research, it seems that early treatment is one key to unlocking our dependence on lockdowns, reducing the need for excessive government controls, countering the fear of fatal illness or the demonisation of positive ‘cases’, solving the isolation of the elderly and the youth and the dispossessed with its attendant despair, and saving small businesses and indeed the Australian Economy from the cost of all-out preventive measures.
Does Treatment Really Work?
Robert W Malone, co-inventor of mRNA vaccines seems to think that treatment does work, based on the evidence.
Image source here.
Ivermectin is only one of the available drugs which in multi-drug therapy has had great success in turning around pandemic mayhem.
A prominent physician from Goa, India can attest to its impact on India’s Delta second wave57. Many reviews and meta-analyses attest to its efficacy both in treating COVID-19 and even post-COVID-19 and post-vaccination effects58 59.
Treatment Options Challenged
Unfortunately, Ivermectin for COVID-19 has had some bad press in Australia due to a recent Therapeutic Goods Administration (TGA) decision60.
The TGA stated that Ivermectin’s use by the general public for COVID-19 is currently strongly discouraged by the National COVID-19 Clinical Evidence Taskforce, the World Health Organisation and the US Food and Drug Administration”.
The TGA also felt that people treated with infection-modifying drugs would possibly jeopardise the quest for vaccine-induced immunity in Australia.
This leaves Australians with a narrow range of COVID prevention strategies: Vaccination for those who are well, and some drugs for the moderately to severely ill patient.
Doctors are not receiving any guidance on early treatment, and many effective options are not available for their use (as shown, for example, with Ivermectin).
Should ADE become a problem in the near future, we would need to change this policy as early treatment is paramount. We should be procuring adequate supplies of effective medicines instead of removing them from use, and exposing primary care doctors to the best teaching available in early treatment and care of the Covid patient.
Answering the Narrative
Geert Vanden Bossche, in his excellent article, ‘Last Post’,64 tried to give some perspective to the current rationale for mass vaccination.
Here is a précis of his answers to the ‘narrative’ (my comments in brackets):
- COVID-19 vaccines protect you against severe disease.
- COVID-19 vaccines greatly reduce viral shedding and transmission.
No. vaccinated people shed virus as much as unvaccinated and vaccine does not stop the spread. So, it is not true that more vaccinations equal fewer cases and variants.
- COVID-19 vaccines will end the pandemic by the end of 2021, maybe end 2022, or some other unspecified time…?
No, each Immune escape variant represents a new pandemic. There is a high viral adaptation in response to mass vaccination’s immune pressure.
- COVID-19 vaccines will generate herd immunity after vaccinating 65% of the population, maybe 70%, no 80%66, perhaps 90%.
Wrong. There are major outbreaks in countries with 75-100% vaccination (eg. Iceland, Gibraltar) showing that herd immunity will be impossible to achieve.
- COVID-19 vaccines make masks obsolete
No, vaccinees can shed a lot of the virus19 (the pressure to continue vaccination continues despite abandoning the claim to reduce transmission).
- COVID-19 vaccines will protect children and diminish viral transmission to the vulnerable since natural immunity in children is resisted by the virus.
Wrong. Children’s natural immunity copes well with the virus and they shed no more than a vaccinated person when infected. There is overwhelming evidence that children are much less vulnerable to COVID-19 disease than adolescents, adults or the elderly. (There is a much higher likelihood of severe adverse events in children with vaccines than with COVID-19 so it is unfair to subject them to vaccination46).
- COVID-19 vaccines provide better protection than natural immunity
No, this is not mentioned anymore as there is now too much proof against this. (Natural immunity is up to 13 times more effective than vaccine-induced immunity67 and this alone removes any reason for mandating vaccines)
- Booster doses will keep the pandemic under control and allow a return to normal life
This is not a scientific perspective. These boosters could cause ADE. Apparently, there are already reports of breakthrough cases and disease (possible ADE) in the first re-vaccinated cohort in Israel.
Zero COVID-19 transmission is impossible68.
More and more nations that have tried to maintain this have eventually had to face the reality of SARS-CoV-2 infection spreading despite the best efforts and perhaps because of the repressive measures seemingly required.
The challenge of more infectious (even more virulent) strains has forced many experts to appeal for a change of strategy before a likely international catastrophe caused by our meddling with the evolution of the virus and the likelihood of more deadly and widespread disease.
For a way forward, it might be well for policy-makers to listen to Dr Peter McCullough’s response56 69or Geert Vanden Bossche’s article, ‘Last Post‘64, which emphasises the importance of treatment in stopping further viral mutants and ameliorating disease in vaccinated and unvaccinated alike.
It is urgent that policy is updated so that treatment is no longer suppressed. Availability should be ensured in adequate quantities with the hope that some essential medicines may be manufactured here in Australia. If ADE does become a danger for the vaccinated they will need access to prompt early treatment. Similarly for the unvaccinated, if a super variant is generated, they will need access to effective early COVID-19 treatment.
Many things hang in the balance as we consider how best to respond to the problems of COVID-19 vaccination and disease. Nonetheless, apart from the losses of individual liberties (i.e. conscience, informed consent, movement and association and treatment), there is also the problem of maintaining our national sovereignty in the light of huge debts to pharmaceutical companies and our national security as the world continues to struggle with COVID-19 — unabated, and possibly worsened, by the commitment to mass vaccination.
- News · MG· C. Lessons to be learned from Israel’s reversal of COVID-19 fortunes | CBC News. CBC, https://www.cbc.ca/news/world/israel-covid-delta-variant-booster-1.6159472 (2021, accessed 11 September 2021).
- Morris J. Israeli data: How can efficacy vs. severe disease be strong when 60% of hospitalized are vaccinated? Covid Data Science, https://www.covid-datascience.com/post/israeli-data-how-can-efficacy-vs-severe-disease-be-strong-when-60-of-hospitalized-are-vaccinated (2021, accessed 24 August 2021).
- Robert W Malone, MD on Twitter. Twitter, https://twitter.com/RWMaloneMD/status/1433436382165413893 (accessed 11 September 2021).
- says JA. Australian Health Chief: COVID Will Be With Us ‘forever’, People Must ‘get Used To’ Endless Booster Shots | Covid Call To Humanity, https://covidcalltohumanity.org/2021/09/09/australian-health-chief-covid-will-be-with-us-forever-people-must-get-used-to-endless-booster-shots/ (accessed 11 September 2021).
- Applying quality control principles to Covid-19 vaccinations. IMDb, https://www.covidmedicalnetwork.com/coronavirus-facts/statistical-and-data-evidence/applying-quality-control-to-vaccination.aspx (accessed 11 September 2021).
- Sharov KS. Adaptation to SARS‐CoV‐2 under stress: Role of distorted information. Eur J Clin Invest. Epub ahead of print 13 June 2020. DOI: 10.1111/eci.13294.
- bogaerthans. How remaining in the dark and turning in vicious circles inevitably leads to erroneous decisions. Geert Vanden Bossche, https://www.geertvandenbossche.org/post/how-remaining-in-the-dark-and-turning-in-vicious-circles-inevitably-leads-to-erroneous-decisions (2021, accessed 21 August 2021).
- Landmark Study Proves COVID Vaccines Much Less Effective Than Advertised. ZeroHedge, https://www.zerohedge.com/markets/landmark-study-proves-covid-vaccines-much-less-effective-advertised (accessed 23 August 2021).
- Edwards M. Nobel Laureate Warns: COVID Vaccine is Creating Variants. UncoverDC, https://uncoverdc.com/2021/08/23/nobel-laureate-warns-covid-vaccine-is-creating-variants/ (2021, accessed 26 August 2021).
- Acevedo ML, Alonso-Palomares L, Bustamante A, et al. Infectivity and immune escape of the new SARS-CoV-2 variant of interest Lambda.
- Yahi N, Chahinian H, Fantini J. Infection-enhancing anti-SARS-CoV-2 antibodies recognize both the original Wuhan/D614G strain and Delta variants. A potential risk for mass vaccination? J Infect 2021; S0163-4453(21)00392–3.
- Yahi N, Chahinian H, Fantini J. Infection-enhancing anti-SARS-CoV-2 antibodies recognize both the original Wuhan/D614G strain and Delta variants. A potential risk for mass vaccination? J Infect. Epub ahead of print 9 August 2021. DOI: 10.1016/j.jinf.2021.08.010.
- Data from Israel on the BNT162b2 (Pfizer) mRNA COVID-19 Vaccine. REBEL EM – Emergency Medicine Blog, https://rebelem.com/data-from-israel-on-the-bnt162b2-pfizer-mrna-covid-19-vaccine/ (2021, accessed 4 May 2021).
- Hunter P. COVID-19 vaccines are probably less effective at preventing transmission than symptoms – here’s why. The Conversation, http://theconversation.com/covid-19-vaccines-are-probably-less-effective-at-preventing-transmission-than-symptoms-heres-why-156611 (accessed 3 June 2021).
- Health Official: Nearly 80% of Verified COVID Patients Among Returning Travelers Are Vaccinated | Hamodia.com. Hamodia, https://hamodia.com/2021/07/26/health-official-nearly-80-verified-covid-patients-among-returning-travelers-vaccinated%e2%80%8b/ (2021, accessed 24 August 2021).
- Jr BL. CDC study shows 74% of people infected in Massachusetts Covid outbreak were fully vaccinated. CNBC, https://www.cnbc.com/2021/07/30/cdc-study-shows-74percent-of-people-infected-in-massachusetts-covid-outbreak-were-fully-vaccinated.html (2021, accessed 12 September 2021).
- Understanding Vaccination Progress by Country. Johns Hopkins Coronavirus Resource Center, https://coronavirus.jhu.edu/vaccines/international (accessed 12 September 2021).
- 12 of the 13 most vaccinated countries in the world are considered risky for travel by CDC | The BL, https://thebl.tv/world-news/12-of-the-13-most-vaccinated-countries-in-the-world-are-considered-risky-for-travel-by-cdc.html (accessed 23 August 2021).
- Chau NVV, Ngoc NM, Nguyet LA, et al. Transmission of SARS-CoV-2 Delta Variant Among Vaccinated Healthcare Workers, Vietnam. SSRN Scholarly Paper ID 3897733, Rochester, NY: Social Science Research Network. Epub ahead of print 10 August 2021. DOI: 10.2139/ssrn.3897733.
- Read AF, Baigent SJ, Powers C, et al. Imperfect Vaccination Can Enhance the Transmission of Highly Virulent Pathogens. PLOS Biol 2015; 13: e1002198.
- COVID cases are surging in the world’s most vaccinated country. How can this be happening?, https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-05-20/covid-surging-in-seychelles-worlds-most-vaccinated-country-why/100151306 (2021, accessed 27 May 2021).
- jameslyonsweiler. Study Finds Patterns in VAERS Data that Provide Evidence of Causality. jameslyonsweiler.com, https://jameslyonsweiler.com/2021/05/17/study-finds-patterns-in-vaers-data-that-provide-evidence-of-causality/ (2021, accessed 13 September 2021).
- LifeSiteNews.com. French drug assessment center demands removal of all four widely used COVID vaccines. LifeSiteNews, https://www.lifesitenews.com/news/french-drug-assessment-center-demands-removal-of-all-four-widely-used-covid-vaccines (accessed 26 April 2021).
- Cholet CCHD. CTIAP* Centre Hospitalier de Cholet: Inédit. Exclusif. Vaccins contre la Covid-19 : des incertitudes même sur la qualité intrinsèque des produits, sur leurs procédés de fabrication, sur les lots commercialisés… selon les documents officiels publiés par l’Agence européenne du médicament (EMA). CTIAP* Centre Hospitalier de Cholet, https://ctiapchcholet.blogspot.com/2021/04/inedit-exclusif-vaccins-contre-la-covid.html (2021, accessed 26 April 2021).
- Dr Tess Lawrie. Oracle Films, https://www.oraclefilms.com/tesslawrie (accessed 13 September 2021).
- Open Letter to Dr June Raine, Chief Executive, MHRA – UK Freedom Project, https://ukfreedomproject.org/resources/open-letter-to-dr-june-raine-chief-executive-mhra/ (accessed 13 September 2021).
- Follow Up Letter to Dr June Raine, Chief Executive, MHRA – UK Freedom Project, https://ukfreedomproject.org/resources/follow-up-letter-to-dr-june-raine-chief-executive-mhra/ (accessed 13 September 2021).
- 100+ Ontario Youth Sent to Hospital for Vaccine-Related Heart Problems, Report Shows. Children’s Health Defense, https://childrenshealthdefense.org/defender/public-health-ontario-youth-hospital-vaccine-related-heart-problems/ (accessed 13 September 2021).
- Suzuki YJ, Gychka SG. SARS-CoV-2 Spike Protein Elicits Cell Signaling in Human Host Cells: Implications for Possible Consequences of COVID-19 Vaccines. Vaccines; 9. Epub ahead of print 11 January 2021. DOI: 10.3390/vaccines9010036.
- Lei Y, Zhang J, Schiavon CR, et al. SARS-CoV-2 Spike Protein Impairs Endothelial Function via Downregulation of ACE 2. Circ Res 2021; 128: 1323–1326.
- LifeSiteNews.com. Vaccine researcher admits ‘big mistake,’ says spike protein is dangerous ‘toxin’. LifeSiteNews, https://www.lifesitenews.com/news/vaccine-researcher-admits-big-mistake-says-spike-protein-is-dangerous-toxin (accessed 2 June 2021).
- Ogata AF, Cheng C-A, Desjardins M, et al. Circulating SARS-CoV-2 Vaccine Antigen Detected in the Plasma of mRNA-1273 Vaccine Recipients. Clin Infect Dis. Epub ahead of print 20 May 2021. DOI: 10.1093/cid/ciab465.
- Spike Protein Study Gives More Evidence That COVID-19 Enters the Brain | Technology Networks, https://www.technologynetworks.com/diagnostics/news/spike-protein-study-gives-more-evidence-that-covid-19-enters-the-brain-344136 (accessed 27 May 2021).
- Covid-19 spike protein binds to and changes cells in the heart, https://www.bhf.org.uk/what-we-do/news-from-the-bhf/news-archive/2021/august/covid-19-spike-protein-binds-to-and-changes-cells-in-the-heart (accessed 13 September 2021).
- Salzman MB, Huang C-W, O’Brien CM, et al. Early Release – Multisystem Inflammatory Syndrome after SARS-CoV-2 Infection and COVID-19 Vaccination – Volume 27, Number 7—July 2021 – Emerging Infectious Diseases journal – CDC. DOI: 10.3201/eid2707.210594.
- Bhakdi S, Reiss K, Goldegg Verlag GmbH. Corona unmasked Neue Zahlen, Daten, Hintergründe. 2021.
- Ehrenfeld M, Tincani A, Andreoli L, et al. Covid-19 and autoimmunity. Autoimmun Rev 2020; 19: 102597.
- Lyons-Weiler J. Pathogenic priming likely contributes to serious and critical illness and mortality in COVID-19 via autoimmunity. J Transl Autoimmun 2020; 3: 100051.
- Dr Michael Yeadon & Dr. med. Wolfgang Wodarg. Wodarg Yeadon EMA Petition Pfizer Trial FINAL 01 DEC 2020 EN Unsigned With Exhibits, http://archive.org/details/syncytin-1-infertility-wodarg-yeadon-ema-petition-pfizer-trial-final-01-dec-2020 (2020, accessed 13 September 2021).
- No evidence that COVID-19 vaccine results in sterilization. AP NEWS, https://apnews.com/article/fact-checking-9856420671 (2021, accessed 13 September 2021).
- Finkel Y, Gluck A, Nachshon A, et al. SARS-CoV-2 uses a multipronged strategy to impede host protein synthesis. Nature 2021; 1–9.
- Gao C, Zeng J, Jia N, et al. SARS-CoV-2 Spike Protein Interacts with Multiple Innate Immune Receptors. BioRxiv Prepr Serv Biol. Epub ahead of print 30 July 2020. DOI: 10.1101/2020.07.29.227462.
- News TM. BREAKING! COVID-19 Research: German Study Reveals That Spike Protein Nsp1 Of SARS-CoV-2 Responsible For Shutting Down Host Protein Production – Thailand Medical News. BREAKING! COVID-19 Research: German Study Reveals That Spike Protein Nsp1 Of SARS-CoV-2 Responsible For Shutting Down Host Protein Production – Thailand Medical News, https://www.thailandmedical.news/news/breaking-covid-19-research-german-study-reveals-that-spike-protein-nsp1-of-sars-cov-2-responsible-for-shutting-down-host-protein-production (accessed 6 June 2021).
- Sputnik V, Covishield, Covaxin: What we know about India’s Covid-19 vaccines. BBC News, 14 April 2021, https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-india-55748124 (14 April 2021, accessed 6 June 2021).
- Open Letters – UK Medical Freedom Alliance, https://www.ukmedfreedom.org/resources/open-letters (accessed 12 September 2021).
- Dr Seligmann updated expert evaluation on the Covid19 Vax risk assessment including Kids-הודעות של נקים, http://www.nakim.org/israel-forums/viewtopic.php?t=270982 (accessed 11 September 2021).
- Delapine, Gerard. L’hécatombe post vaccinale s’étend dans le monde – Nouveau Monde, https://nouveau-monde.ca/lhecatombe-post-vaccinale-setend-dans-le-monde/ (2021, accessed 11 September 2021).
- Lawyer Anna De Buisseret: “Deaths From Covid-19 Vaccination Program Fits the Definition of Genocide” – The Expose, https://theexpose.uk/2021/09/06/lawyer-anna-de-buisseret-deaths-from-covid-19-vaccination-program-fits-the-definition-of-genocide/ (accessed 13 September 2021).
- Resistance GB. Anna De Buisseret: All The Law Is On Our Side… There Will Be A Second Nuremburg Trial, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OxOqy_1ReZA (2021, accessed 13 September 2021).
- Suspicions Grow That Nanoparticles in Pfizer’s COVID-19 Vaccine Trigger Rare Allergic Reactions. Pulitzer Center, https://pulitzercenter.org/stories/suspicions-grow-nanoparticles-pfizers-covid-19-vaccine-trigger-rare-allergic-reactions (accessed 15 September 2021).
- The Pfizer mRNA Vaccine: Pharmacokinetics and Toxicity. Doctors for COVID Ethics, https://doctors4covidethics.org/the-pfizer-mrna-vaccine-pharmacokinetics-and-toxicity/ (2021, accessed 15 September 2021).
- tromethamine: Uses, Taking, Side Effects, Warnings. Medicine.com, https://www.medicine.com/drug/tromethamine (accessed 15 September 2021).
- Coors E, Seybold H, Merk HF, et al. Polysorbate 80 in medical products and nonimmunologic anaphylactoid reactions. ANN ALLERG ASTHMA IM 2005; 95: 593–599.
- Nal R. Nobel Laureate Luc Montagnier – Warns Covid Vaccine May Lead to ‘Neurodegenerative Illness’ (Video). RAIR, https://rairfoundation.com/nobel-laureate-luc-montagnier-warns-covid-vaccine-may-lead-to-neurodegenerative-illness-video/ (2021, accessed 24 August 2021).
- Health Freedom Idaho. Dr Ryan Cole #StoptheMandate, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tUE5EBPt-lU (accessed 23 August 2021).
- Rev Joe Campbell. Dr Peter McCullough Overview, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fsg6ev4OFJg (2021, accessed 13 September 2021).
- Prominent Indian Physician Verifies Huge Impact of Ivermectin in Curbing Second Delta-Variant Wave in India. TrialSiteNews, https://trialsitenews.com/prominent-indian-physician-verifies-huge-impact-of-ivermectin-in-curbing-second-delta-variant-wave-in-india/ (2021, accessed 13 September 2021).
- McCullough PA, Alexander PE, Armstrong R, et al. Multifaceted highly targeted sequential multidrug treatment of early ambulatory high-risk SARS-CoV-2 infection (COVID-19). Rev Cardiovasc Med 2020; 21: 517–530.
- Santin AD, Scheim DE, McCullough PA, et al. Ivermectin: a multifaceted drug of Nobel prize-honoured distinction with indicated efficacy against a new global scourge, COVID-19. New Microbes New Infect 2021; 43: 100924.
- Administration AGD of HTG. New restrictions on prescribing ivermectin for COVID-19. Therapeutic Goods Administration (TGA), https://www.tga.gov.au/media-release/new-restrictions-prescribing-ivermectin-covid-19 (2021, accessed 15 September 2021).
- Merck’s deadly Vioxx playbook, redux: a debunked smear campaign against its competing drug—the FDA-approved, Nobel prize-honored ivermectin. TrialSiteNews, https://trialsitenews.com/mercks-deadly-vioxx-playbook-redux-a-debunked-smear-campaign-against-its-competing-drug-the-fda-approved-nobel-prize-honored-ivermectin/ (2021, accessed 13 September 2021).
- Conflict Of Interest in WHO recommendation against Ivermectin. TrialSiteNews, https://trialsitenews.com/conflict-of-interest-in-who-recommendation-against-ivermectin/ (2021, accessed 19 June 2021).
- FLCCC Weekly Update. FLCCC WEEKLY UPDATE – Why is the WHO using the disinformation playbook? + Q&A, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zOi2Pf8lrBc (2021, accessed 13 September 2021).
- bogaerthans. The Last Post. Geert Vanden Bossche, https://www.geertvandenbossche.org/post/the-last-post (2021, accessed 13 September 2021).
- High Death Rate Among Vaccinated Brings Vaccine Dystopia Into View. TrialSiteNews, https://trialsitenews.com/high-death-rate-among-vaccinated-brings-vaccine-dystopia-into-view/ (2021, accessed 13 September 2021).
- Su RE. Singapore shows Australia that 80 per cent vaccination won’t stop infections surging. ABC News, 12 September 2021, https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-09-13/singapore-has-80-per-cent-vaccination-but-life-is-not-normal/100450154 (12 September 2021, accessed 13 September 2021).
- Miltimore J. Harvard Epidemiologist Says the Case for COVID Vaccine Passports Was Just Demolished, https://fee.org/articles/harvard-epidemiologist-says-the-case-for-covid-vaccine-passports-was-just-demolished/ (2021, accessed 13 September 2021).
- Schachtel J. ‘Zero Covid’ Catastrophe: Participating Nations See New Records Across the Board – AIER, https://www.aier.org/article/zero-covid-catastrophe-participating-nations-see-new-records-across-the-board/ (accessed 24 August 2021).
- Ask yourself: Why are they now in sheer panic to jab all the deathvaxx “hesitant” ?? Dr. Peter A. McCullough explains. non veni pacem, https://nonvenipacem.com/2021/06/07/ask-yourself-why-are-they-now-in-sheer-panic-to-jab-all-the-deathvaxx-hesitant-dr-peter-a-mccullough-explains/ (2021, accessed 13 September 2021).
Image by Matteo Jorjoson on Unsplash.