“I will praise you with an upright heart as I learn your righteous laws. I will obey your decrees, do not utterly forsake me.”
Psalm 119 is the longest chapter in the Bible. Each stanza begins with a different letter of the Hebrew alphabet. It is a profound meditation on the Word of God — which at various times is described as law, decrees, statues, word, and commands. Perhaps each time we look at this we should stop, think and meditate. How wonderful that we have a God who communicates with us!
“By sin we depart from God, and as a due punishment of it, God departs from us”
― John Flavel
Petition: Please join with us in praying for:
1. The World – There have been 234,888,941 cases (+3,080,278 – a 10% decline from last week). There are now 4,801,149 deaths of people with covid (+ 53,423 a 5 decrease). Russia, the US, the Philippines and the UK have seen the biggest increases in cases. Japan, India and Indonesia have all seen significant decreases in cases again. New Zealand continues in lockdown because of increased numbers in Auckland.
2. Australia – There have been 111,392 cases in total. (Up 13,852 – a 20% increase)
Weekly Change TW/LW
Change in Deaths TW/LW
+ 5,737 (+6,945)
+ 1 (+ 0)
The situation in NSW is improving both in terms of case numbers and people in hospitals. The regional areas are now more affected. Victoria is now the state causing the most concern. There have been 1,391,355 tests in the past week. There are 1,496 people in hospital (+3) with 299 in ICU (+0). There are 21,386 active cases (+1,442).
3. Vaccine and Cures – 3.59 billion people in the world have received at least one dose. 46.8% of the population. Australia now has 267% one dose, 47% fully vaccinated. NSW will now reach 70% fully vaccinated this week and 80% in a couple of weeks. Restrictions will begin to ease.
4. Church – Pray for those who are involved in work with students — especially as the Universities plan to welcome back overseas students.
5. Personaland Family – Remember those in our families who are suffering from stress, mental illness and depression. May the Lord grant healing for the broken minds.
A Prayer of Repentance: Our Father, we confess that we too often neglect your Word. What a great gift it is – and yet how lightly we treat it. Help us to remember, meditate, hear, think and do. That we may live lives worthy of Jesus, Amen.
Song: Worthy is the Lamb
A Prayer of Thanksgiving:
O Lord we bless you for your law, We seek you with all our heart. O that our ways were steadfast in obeying your decrees. We praise you with an upright heart, As we trust in you, Jesus.
We need your help. The continued existence of the Daily Declaration depends on the generosity of readers like you. Donate now. The Daily Declaration is committed to keeping our site free of advertising so we can stay independent and continue to stand for the truth.
Fake news and big-tech censorship make the work of the Canberra Declaration and our Christian news site the Daily Declaration more important than ever. Take a stand for family, faith, freedom, life, and truth. Support us as we shine a light in the darkness. Donate today.
Bad news in Victoria -- yet, though earthly governments may fail, we look to our eternal hope in the Lord. Saturday night was not a good one for Christians, for conservatives, and for those who value freedom, family and other key values. The short story [...]
Environment Minister Tanya Plibersek announced that Australia is a land of droughts and flooding rains. Referring to the government’s “State of the Climate” report, she said: “Dry periods will get longer, and bushfire season will get hotter. At the same time, the rain periods will [...]
With the ongoing censorship of health professionals, how can we truly trust their medical advice? I was recently accused of lying. This was a little hard to swallow, as it was over a directly referenced quote. At the same time, I found the accusation understandable. [...]
Would you trust your teenager with the budget? Teal politician Dr Monique Ryan wants parliament to let 16-year-olds vote. As the parent of twin teenagers, I can attest that this is a terrible idea. I wouldn’t trust 16-year-olds to get the ingredients for a chicken [...]
These two terms sound very similar, don’t they? Nothing could be further from the truth. Today I would like to explore their differences, as well as the danger of one and the importance of the other. Critical Theory Critical theory (CT) can be traced back [...]
Victorian Liberal leader Matthew Guy has said that a Liberal candidate who believes abortion is wrong will be banned from sitting in the party room if elected. Her views are “extremist”, he said. The irony of this is that the pro-abortion movement calls themselves “pro-choice”. [...]
Great Southland Revival, our latest book telling the story of Australia’s many revivals, has been sent to the printers this week! You are invited to join us for the online Prayer Launch this Wednesday, 23rd November, at 8 pm (AEDT), using this Zoom link. As [...]