Be good to your servant while I live,that I may obey your word.18Open my eyes that I may see wonderful things in your law. 19I am a stranger on earth;do not hide your commands from me. 20My soul is consumed with longing for your laws at all times.
What a great motivation for asking the Lord to be good to us — that we may obey him!
When we pray we should pray that our eyes would be opened to see wonderful things in God’s word. Have we become tired of the Word of God?
Then, as Martin Luther said, we are tired of life. What has struck me in this COVID crisis is just how much the Word of God applies directly to our situation.
I have been doing 5-minute meditations on the Book of Job every weekday — here for example is today’s meditation:
Each day Christians get in touch to say how much they have been helped by God speaking through his Word. Let us pray…
“O that, in the strength of love to Christ, and zeal for the glory of God, you will pour out your hearts in service, and, like a river, sweep down all discouragements before you.” John Flavel
Petition: Please join with us in praying for:
1. The World – There have been 240,630,839 cases (+2,785,978 – down 20%). There are now 4,897,797 of people with covid (+ 46,288 – a 10% decrease). Russia is the area of most concern where the death rate is high because of low vaccinations. Another area of concern is Iran — where thousands of children have been left without a parent. This link explains more.
Malaysia has seen a welcome decrease.
2. Australia – There have been 143,135 cases in total. (Up 15,681 – a slight decrease)
Weekly Change TW/LW
Change in Deaths TW/LW
+ 2,687 (+4,044)
+ 1 (+ 1)
At this point, according to the modelling, the NSW hospitals were supposed to be at a peak of hospitalisations — but the number has dropped to 600 in hospital and 132 in ICU.
Victoria continues to see high numbers (around 1900 today) but will ease its lockdown at the end of the week. There have been 1,320,169 tests in the past week. There are 1,441 people in hospital (-5) with 298 in ICU (+5). There are 29,044 active cases (+3,270).
3. Vaccine and Cures – 3.74 billion people in the world have received at least one dose. 48.7% of the population. Australia now has 72% one dose, 56% fully vaccinated. NSW has 81% fully dosed and 92% first dose — enabling the lockdown to be lifted. Victoria has over 70% double dosed — again enabling the lockdown to be lifted.
4. Church – Churches face increasing scrutiny and sometimes unfair attack from the media. In the words of Steve McAlpine’s perceptive book, we are set up as ‘Being the Bad Guys’. An example of this was the attack on Bishop Rod Chiswell. The story is here:
Pray for wisdom for church leaders in dealing with the press.
5. Personaland Family – Children in NSW and the ACT will be returning to school this week. Others in Victoria will wait. And others have not been away from school. Pray for all those affected by a disrupted education.
A Prayer of Repentance:
O Lord, Ps 119 tells us that you rebuke the arrogant, who are accursed. Deliver us from pride and arrogance. Help us to walk humbly before you. Give us your grace, gentleness and joy, in your merciful name — Amen.
Song: Love this open-air worship and praise!
A Prayer of Thanksgiving:
Lord, your statutes are my delight; they are my counsellors. We bless you for them. Open our eyes, hearts and minds, Amen.
We need your help. The continued existence of the Daily Declaration depends on the generosity of readers like you. Donate now. The Daily Declaration is committed to keeping our site free of advertising so we can stay independent and continue to stand for the truth.
Fake news and big-tech censorship make the work of the Canberra Declaration and our Christian news site the Daily Declaration more important than ever. Take a stand for family, faith, freedom, life, and truth. Support us as we shine a light in the darkness. Donate today.
It’s almost a given today that masculinity is viewed as being a negative and even harmful thing. The most common adjective which is used to describe someone who is overly masculine is that it is ‘toxic’. Due to the impact of the fall, sin has [...]
Bad news in Victoria -- yet, though earthly governments may fail, we look to our eternal hope in the Lord. Saturday night was not a good one for Christians, for conservatives, and for those who value freedom, family and other key values. The short story [...]
Environment Minister Tanya Plibersek announced that Australia is a land of droughts and flooding rains. Referring to the government’s “State of the Climate” report, she said: “Dry periods will get longer, and bushfire season will get hotter. At the same time, the rain periods will [...]
International Men’s Day 2022 was marked by people all over the world on 19 November, demonstrating their support for men and boys everywhere. “I'd like to say a massive thank you and give my support to all the men who do their best each and [...]
Bestselling Christian novelist Stephen Lawhead's Roman retelling of King Arthur is being prepped for the big screen. Daily Wire CEO Jeremy Boreing announced a multi-film adaption of the six-book series, The Pendragon Cycle, during what is the conservative media company’s equivalent of a state of [...]
To understand the diabolical nature of the Davos deities, read this book. This is not the first book to appear in recent times critiquing the Great Reset, Klaus Schwab, the World Economic Forum, and related matters. Some of these volumes I have already reviewed. But [...]
With the ongoing censorship of health professionals, how can we truly trust their medical advice? I was recently accused of lying. This was a little hard to swallow, as it was over a directly referenced quote. At the same time, I found the accusation understandable. [...]