“Despite the rapidly changing COVID landscape here in Louisiana, we’re pleased to announce that the Ruth Institute’s 2020 Summit for Survivors of the Sexual Revolution will take place as planned, tomorrow, July 17 – with an awards banquet in the evening– and Saturday, July 18, in Lake Charles, La,” said Dr. Jennifer Roback Morse, Ph.D., president of the Ruth Institute.
“We’ve decided to move ahead with a live event – as well as streaming – because the health of the family is as important as the physical health of society,” Morse said.
The Summit will be a hybrid event with both in-person participation and live-streaming. It will present an analysis of the many ways the Sexual Revolution attacks both the individual and the family, and will include the testimony of survivors.
“The Sexual Revolution has brought in its wake a host of pathologies and addictions. We’ll be looking at some of the most destructive of these.”
The Ruth Institute’s 2020 Summit for Survivors of the Sexual Revolution will expose the damage done by a movement that’s caused untold harm to the individual, the family and society, and develop a strategy for defeating it.
Its victims include those affected by divorce, abortion, pornography, sexual abuse, gender confusion and the LGBT subculture.
Victims will tell their stories, supported by experts from the medical profession, academia, journalism, and related fields.
The Ruth Institute is giving our friends outside the United States a chance to attend by live-streaming at no charge.
In fact, we’re hoping you can get a group of your friends together for a Watch Party, perhaps in your home.
“They may not be household names, but they have crucial information and first-hand experience about what the Sexual Revolution has done to individuals and society,” said Morse, in describing the speakers.
“Our speakers include professionals who have worked with these issues for years, and survivors who can bear witness to the trauma of a movement sold as liberation that’s resulted in the physical and spiritual enslavement of millions,” Morse said.
Presentations will include:
- Surviving Childhood Sexual Abuse – The future of health and the family depends on ending it. No one will do this but people of faith! Presented by Dr. Jennifer Roback Morse, Ph.D., President of the Ruth Institute and Fr. Paul Sullins, Ph.D., Ruth Institute Research Associate.
- Surviving Pornography — Pornography as a Public Health Crisis. Presented by Melea Stephens (of the National Center on Sexual Exploitation), and Protecting Young Eyes: Tools for Parents and Other Educators, presented by Chris McKenna (of Covenant Eyes).
- Surviving the LGBT Sub-Culture: Medical Issues – Presented by Dr. Michelle Cretella, MD, Executive Director of the American College of Pediatricians.
- Reporting from the front lines of the Transgender Movement – stories from parents of gender-confused children, “desisters” (individuals who lived as the opposite sex and stopped), resistance within the medical profession and surprising new allies, presented by journalist Brandon Showalter.
The speakers include:
Dr. Paul Church – a practicing urologist for over 35 years and Asst. Professor of Surgery at the Harvard Medical School who was fired for challenging his colleagues to tell the truth about the health consequences of LGBTQ behavior.
Sue Ellen Browder – a former Cosmopolitan journalist who’s appeared on hundreds of radio and television shows (including Oprah, The Today Show and EWTN) and is the author of the recently published Subverted: How I Helped the Sexual Revolution Hijack the Women’s Movement.
Tracy Shannon — When her husband of 15 years left her to live as a woman, she decided to combat the new sexual morality. As Director of MassResistance Texas, she’s fought Drag Queen Story Hours in libraries across the state.
Fr Paul Sullins, Ph.D. — Senior Research Associate of the Ruth Institute and a retired sociology professor who’s done pioneering work on the impact of same-sex parenting on children and the relationship between clergy sex abuse and homosexual ordination within the Catholic priesthood.
Dr. Michelle Cretella MD. — a pediatrician and full-time Executive Director of the American College of Pediatricians. Dr. Cretella is one of the world’s most outspoken critics of the gender ideology in pediatrics and the author of “Gender Dysphoria in Children and Suppression of Debate” in the Summer 2016 issue of Journal of American Physicians and Surgeons.
Luis Ruiz — wounded in the 2016 Pulse Night Club shooting in Orlando, in which 50 died and 58 were injured. While hospitalized, he learned he was HIV-positive, causing him to reevaluate his life, leave the homosexual lifestyle, and return to the church in which he grew up. He now shares his message with audiences across the country.
Dr. Jennifer Roback Morse, Ph.D. — founder of the Ruth Institute, a global non-profit organization that defends the family at home and in the public square and equips others to do the same. She was a campaign spokeswoman for California’s winning Proposition 8 campaign, defining marriage as the union of a man and a woman. She has authored or co-authored five books and spoken around the globe on marriage, family and human sexuality. Her latest book is The Sexual State: How Elite Ideologies Are Destroying Lives and Why the Church was Right All Along. She earned her Ph.D. at the University of Rochester, taught economics at Yale and George Mason Universities and was named one of the “Catholic Stars of 2013” on a list that included Pope Francis and Pope Benedict XVI.
The program will also include panel discussions and question-and-answer sessions.
Among the participants on the Surviving the LGBT Subculture panel are journalist Doug Mainwaring and Pulse Nightclub shooting survivor, Luis Ruiz. Both left the LGBT subculture.
“This will be a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to hear both expert analysis and first-hand testimony on the trauma inflicted by the Sexual Revolution,” Morse said. “The emphasis will be on healing.”
The evening before the Summit, there will be an Awards Dinner with a keynote speech by Sue Ellen Browder, a journalist and author of “Subverted: How I helped the Sexual Revolution Hijack the Women’s Movement.” You are invited to connect with both sessions.
Here’s an interview with Browder on The Dr. J Show, the Ruth Institute’s weekly podcast, hosted by Dr. Morse.
The program will also include activists’ panels, question and answer sessions and general discussions.
Click here for a complete program.
To register for in-person participation or live-streaming, click here.
The Watch Party Package includes:
- An autographed copy of Dr. Morse’s visionary book, The Sexual State: How Elite Ideologies are Destroying Lives and How the Church Was Right All Along
- A digital copy of the top “Take-Away Facts You’ve Got to Know” — resources compiled from the conference speakers
- Special Cajun-themed surprises to enjoy while you watch us in Louisiana!
- All the benefits of the Individual “Virtual Conference Pass”
The “Virtual Conference Pass” includes:
- Direct access to the foremost Pro-Family thinkers, activists, and survivors of the Sexual Revolution
- Instant access to the Friday Awards Dinner and Saturday Sessions
- Live Q&A with Dr. Morse and other speakers on July 18th
- On-demand access to the recorded sessions
- The latest scientific research backing up the time-honored traditions currently under assault
To register yourself or your Watch Party, go here, and click the yellow Register button. Look for “Watch Party” or “Virtual Conference Pass.” If you’re a member of the media, type in the special Code: WATCH.