In times of great opposition and peril, it is important to know we already have victory and life in the mighty and wonderful name of Jesus.
“Then I heard a loud voice saying in heaven, “Now salvation, and strength, and the kingdom of our God, and the power of His Christ have come, for the accuser of our brethren, who accused them before our God day and night, has been cast down. And they overcame him by the blood of the Lamb and by the word of their testimony, and they did not love their lives to the death. Therefore rejoice, O heavens, and you who dwell in them! Woe to the inhabitants of the earth and the sea! For the devil has come down to you, having great wrath, because he knows that he has a short time.” Revelation 12:10-12
“Jesus said to him, ‘I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me.’” John 14:6
We have just come from the National Solemn Assembly, held on the 26th-27th September, which has, I sense, brought a fresh rain in the spiritual realm. We have sought the Lord in this season, recognising and repenting of the grievous sins of this nation, crying for God’s mercy and grace.
Sin brings death, and these are a few of our sins: the Indigenous are dying unjustly; we kill babies in the womb; we kill old people through euthanasia; we sell our children on the streets through prostitution; and we have enabled by our inaction an anti-father, anti-family, anti-holy marriage, and immoral agenda.
As a result, we have cried out to the Lord and thus we expect a wave of conviction of sin and also an uncovering of sin in this season as the truth of the gospel of God’s kingdom is proclaimed. The Lord has called us to bring His life to this nation.
This wave of conviction is a reflection of us, the Ekklesia (body of Christ), having a fresh fear of the Lord, and a fresh manifestation of His holiness.
In turn, conviction leads to a wave of salvations in this nation and region, as we—His church—rise up in the authority and power of the Holy Spirit. This is the call of God at this Kairos time. It is a great time to go forward in His calling to His victory and His kingdom.
However, there are problems as we go forward—namely, significant opposition from godless agendas. We journey in perilous times.
There is also an incredible answer to these problems, which I gleaned and expanded from a discussion with a prayer leader in the USA:
- Personally, we must be fully grounded in the Word, and completely full of the Holy Spirit (Acts 11:24). This is foundational to how we overcome and have victory in this life and the next. Intimacy with the Lord is essential.
- Lukewarm does not cut it. We must be hot: there is no other way to live! Lukewarm lives will fail.
- There is a new thing that is not new; the remnant Bride of Christ entering the rest of the finished work of the cross. This is critical We must do everything from a place of rest in Him and not our own strength or abilities.
- The Holy Spirit is infusing us with a backbone of steel. We will have no fear of death (Revelation 12:11). We are hidden in the cleft of the rock (Exodus 33:22), covered in His presence—the presence of the Lord Jesus.
- Body ministry is the way we live and journey together. It is about relationship with the Lord and with each other—genuinely supporting, loving, and all being ministers of the gospel and God’s kingdom, bringing the kingdom of God to earth as it is in heaven. This not just about church services, but rather how we live His life together as His body. This is how we bring life to a dying world. We carry the word of deliverance, healing, provision—and above all, salvation.
As we engage with the Lord, He has given us all we need, and we are in a position to bring the fullness of the good news and life to this nation.
Lord, I praise you for sending Jesus into the world to forgive our sins and cleanse us from all unrighteousness. We know it is your will that we should not perish but come into repentance (2 Peter 3:9). Today, we repent of all our sins and not following your ways. We declare the truth of the gospel of the kingdom of God, and speak Your deliverance, provision, healing, and above all, salvation for Australia. We ask for life for Australia as You, Lord Jesus are life itself (John 14:6). It is Your life we seek for this nation. Amen.
Prayer Points for October 2020
1. Pray for a Breakthrough for LIFE, specifically an end to abortion and euthanasia in our nation. Exodus 20:13
2. Pray for a Breakthrough for INDIGENOUS LIFE, specifically an end to high youth suicide and premature death due to ill health. 3 John 1:2
3. Pray for new POLITICIANS for LIFE, especially pray for the upcoming elections in Queensland (31st October), ACT (17th October) + USA (3 November) & New Zealand (17 October). Proverbs 29:2
4. Pray for the Revitalisation of SPIRITUAL LIFE, namely repentance, renewal & transformation, that our nation might return to God. 2 Chronicles 7:14
Kym Farnik and his wife live in Adelaide, South Australia. He is active in local, national, and global ministries and has ministered in various nations.
Kym’s prophetic ministry site is at Ruach haKodesh where you can connect with both Kym and Nel.
Sign up to receive the Daily Devotions via email here.
We invite you to join the daily 1-hour Zoom video National Prayer Call every night:
DATES: 1st– 31st October 2020
TIME: 8pm-9pm AEST
ZOOM URL LINK: https://zoom.us/j/776881184
ZOOM MEETING ID: 776881184
See Zoom tutorial here.
Daily devotions brought to you by the Canberra Declaration.