People who are called by God’s name, in our country, have humbled themselves. Tens of thousands have fasted and prayed. We have repented on behalf of the nation.
As our loving God asked us to!
If My people who are called by My name will humble themselves and pray and seek My face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from Heaven and forgive their sin and heal their land.
— 2 Chronicles 7:14
God promised us, that if we humbled ourselves and prayed, He would begin to heal our land. We believed His word and we did our part.
Now, we can see Him beginning to act!
This election, God moved mightily, against all the odds, to confound His enemies. He gave us a righteous leader, with the numbers and authority to pass righteous laws.
More than that, He gave us the most generous gift of all. A reprieve!
More time to do His will!
God not only heard our prayers but graciously allowed us extra time to comply with the third part of His request. For His promise of healing has three conditions, and so far, we’ve only completed two of them.
1. We who are ‘called by His name’,
2. have ‘humbled ourselves, prayed and sought His face’,
3. and now we have the time to ‘turn from wickedness’.
But what does that mean?
Humble prayer from God’s people was only the beginning. If we want to see God continue to heal our land, we need to also do the final step. Help our country turn from wickedness!
This is where the rubber meets the road!
Now is not the time for us to be complacent; to relax or think the battle is won. We only have a few years to stand for righteousness and help our leaders get our country back on track.
For who knows what will happen at the next election?
God has given us a golden opportunity to ‘make hay while the Son shines.’ This is a time for action! God is moving in our land. Hallelujah! Let us rise up and move with him so that healing can come.
But how do we turn our country from wickedness?
In the Book of Acts, the disciples were placed in a similar situation. Their response teaches us what we need to do now to move the hand of God to bring healing.
Speak His word with boldness!
Why do the nations rage and the people plot in vain? Now, Lord, consider their threats and enable your servants to speak your word with complete boldness, as you stretch out your hand to heal and perform signs and wonders through the name of Your holy servant Jesus. — Acts 4:25-30
So how do we speak with boldness?
Modern technology helps us. We can raise our voice, at home, at work, on holiday, visiting relatives, in fact, anywhere we are, by just sending an email to the right place that boldly upholds the word of God and supports positive change in our society.
The saying, “The pen is mightier than the sword,” is true. Today we would change that to say, “the keyboard is mightier than the gun”.
Every email, letter to a politician, letter to the editor, social media post, new article, comment on existing articles, Instagram post, Christian petition signature or tweet can be an arrow pointed directly at the heart of wickedness in our nation.
When such digital communications are written by righteous men and women who speak His word with boldness, they can bring real change.
We, you and I, can bring change!
In the same way this election amazed God’s enemies, so every victory God’s servants win over the next few years will confound them afresh.
If you’d like to be part of a triumphant voice for change in our country this is what you can do!
- Pray! It always starts with prayer. Billy Graham said, “To get nations back on their feet, we must first get down on our knees.”
- Educate yourself on what is happening in our nation in the area of Christian Values. Proverbs 29:18, “Without a vision, the people perish.”
- Make a decision to do something either as an independent advocate for Christian Values or join a political party to influence the party you decide to join towards Christian Values. Edmund Burke said, “All that is needed for evil to succeed is that good men do nothing.”
- Sign the Canberra Declaration and become part of the Canberra Declaration community advocating for freedom, family, faith and Life. Alexander Hamilton said, “If you don’t stand for something you will fall for anything.”
- Invite your friends, family and church members to also sign up and be a voice for change. Stella McCartney said, “Everyone can do simple things to make a difference, and every little bit really does count.”
If we all do our part, we can make a difference. The worst thing we can do is do nothing. Jesus said in John 9:4, “As long as it is day, we must do the works of Him who sent Me. Night is coming, when no-one can work.”
God has given us a tremendous opportunity to “make hay while the Son shines.”
Let’s make this opportunity count!